• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which stage is worse

xxmaliciousxx

Smash Cadet
New Pork City or Temple

Granted, they are both huge, but Temple actually looks nice and has a good level design.
NPC is just a random background with random platforms.

huenikad

Smash Cadet
I love temple for 4 person games, makes things a little less chaotic. Temple also looks niceish.

New Pork City hurts my eyes. But the pink monster does make me laugh occasionally if somebody manages to fail and get hit by it.

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
I like Temple much more, but the music of New Pork City is just awesome. Seriously, Porky's Theme and Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise are some of the best songs in the whole game.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
which is worse you ask? New Pork City because it FAILS! badly, unlike Hyrule which was actually one of my favorite stages in Melee and still is in Brawl

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Hyrule is worse.

New Pork doesn't have as bad a cave of life problem, and it has an actual hazard that can quicken the painfully long Brawls.

And the music is better.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't think you'll find a single person who likes New Pork City. Temple is nice looking, it has lots of different places to fight etc. Temple is big, but its design is awesome so I really like it for 3 or more person fights.

In fact, if you guys remember custom stages were announced before Melee stages, and the first stage I thought of making was Temple.

Plus New Pork City's Chimira is just a thing that was SUPPOSED to be a hazard, but who actually dies from that thing, unless you're messing around it or it spawns right into you. I've never seen someone seriously 100% die from that thing with the chicken on it's head...!

Hippopotamus

Smash Rookie
Just like everyone else, I despise New Pork City. It's just too big, and the camera doesn't zoom in... I personally love the temple. It's huge, and it doesn't have any environmental hazards. It's perfect.

Timbers

check me out
Temple at least has one platform that extends more than like, 5 character lengths. Gaw****. Hyrule is just a better macro stage. The entire layout is nicer. New pork is terribly ********.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
New Pork couples an enormous stage with a black background, making it near impossible to see your character if the map is spread.. Hyrule doesn't have that problem
Hyrule wins this.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I actually liked temple for FFA in Melee.

I never liked New Pork City... except the music there. Quite sad they had to have such a horrible level for such good music. And watch as they return this level in SSB4 -- you know its going to happen.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
The worse stage in SSBB? I have to say 75m. I mean come on, that stage kills you more than your opponent. Plus, I don't see why everyone hates the temple, it isn't that bad. It may be a big stage, but at least the stage doesn't try to kill you.

-Phoenix-

Smash Cadet
I said both of them are equally worse. I mean sure the temple is good for four player but more than likely everyone is going to go down where they can't KO'd easily which make things a little frustrating to win. New pork city well that's just a big game of tag right there. But it's hard to find ground on which to fight except maybe one part but then comes the Ultimate Chimera to mess things up.

Oh well these stage are really no welcome for me. I rather have had the Great Bay instead of the temple and something less of a mess for new pork city.

Its The Jinks

Smash Cadet
I said both of them are equally worse. I mean sure the temple has a four player but more than likely everyone is going to go down where they can't KO'd easily which make things a little frustrating to win. New pork city well that's just a big game of tag right there. But it's hard to find ground on which to fight except maybe one part but then comes the Ultimate Chimera to mess things up.

Oh well these stage are really no welcome for me. I rather have had the Great Bay instead of the temple and something less of a mess for new pork city.
agreed chasing people around the level comepletely takes away from the fighting

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
temple is a better level just because new pork is ridiculous in tht when the screen pulls out u can't see what's going on

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
The Temple is better, one of my favorite stages in Melee, its still good in brawl.

-BlurR-

Smash Rookie
that stupid ness/lucas stage its so huge escape stage and it zooms out soo far i could see my house from that stage

Angewomon

Smash Apprentice
New Pork City is the worst stage by far. Onett is better stage in general, and more amusing of course.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
agreed chasing people around the level comepletely takes away from the fighting
True, you cannot play temple in tourneys because too many people will just try to run away, but it is a fun level in 1v1s outside of tournaments. If both players are aggressive fighters then the stage makes for battles that stay on the move and slowly make their way around the level.
As soon as someone starts playing defensively though, the fun in this level is completely lost.

Disclaimer: IMHO

RARE King

Smash Cadet
New Pork City does look thrown together. I honestly believe more time was spent it the background than the platforms and the stage itself.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
ya i like temple for ffa its actually one of my favs

why are we comparing it to new pork city? Obviously new pork is 100 times worse

HaXer

Smash Cadet
In melee Temple was my second Fav Stage. Corneria was best. I was Thinking that Corneria and temple is the best. i somehow seem to hate new pork city. TEEEMMMPPLEE RUUUULEEEES

smash inc

Smash Cadet
New Pork City its hard to see where your character is and I hate that one creature that attacks you.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Temple is better for a fight, but New Pork City has infinitely better music, and (imo) a better theme, if you will. In other words, Temple wins where it matters, New Pork City wins where it doesn't. >_<

Top Bottom