• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pokemon should be in Brawl?

Which Pokemon should make the roster?

• Lucario

Votes: 255 26.3%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 264 27.2%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 191 19.7%
  • Meowth

Votes: 163 16.8%
  • Heracross

Votes: 64 6.6%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 112 11.5%
  • Poliwhirl

Votes: 38 3.9%
  • Sandslash

Votes: 106 10.9%
  • Paras

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Swampert

Votes: 37 3.8%
  • Buoysel

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • Bulbasaur & evolutions

Votes: 52 5.4%
  • Munchlax

Votes: 45 4.6%
  • Lugia

Votes: 47 4.8%
  • Charizard

Votes: 116 11.9%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 63 6.5%
  • Scyther

Votes: 189 19.5%
  • Sneasel/Weavel

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Kadabra

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Gengar

Votes: 111 11.4%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle & Minun

Votes: 108 11.1%
  • Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan

Votes: 207 21.3%
  • Eevee & evolutions

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • Grimer

Votes: 40 4.1%
  • Missingno

Votes: 95 9.8%
  • Cubone

Votes: 120 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
^it's actualy a bit harder than that. You have to have all 490+ other pokemon caught, before you can get the item that allows you to face Aruseus.
It has been proven the item is from an event. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to show a link to another forum to prove it though. If you get all the Pokemon, Professor Oak will congratulate you, and that is about it.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I could honestly see Raichu being in the game. I mean why not? They have Pikachu and then added Pichu so why not add Raichu. He would be a cool character to be added to the roster for sure.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
^ I got my info from Serebii's updates. If you have differnt source, please post it.
I got it on Serebii's updates too. Go to the DP forum, and it's on the last 2 pages. The thing about getting all Pokemon and talking to Oak was a speculation before they actually got all the Pokemon and talked to him.

justice

Smash Ace
Raichu would be a better replacement for Pichu even though Raichus does damage to itself as well due to his powers. That should balance out his Power . I guess I will have a more better explanation later.

smash-aholic

Smash Cadet
well i agree with u all but, then u would probably three char. with similar attacks. i don't think that that is a good idea. dunno y, i just think so.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Yeah that is a really sweet picture of Riachu. It will be interesting to see which Pokemon makes it into the roster for sure.

justice

Smash Ace
Raichu is a better Pichu and is has some of the harsh backfires of pichu and would make a good replacement if any. Raichu doesn't have to be a clone because of it's stronger abilities and the fact I can't see Pikachu transforming into Raichu then transform back I think that is impossible. Well I am still hoping for Raichu I was hoping for Raichu since the first one.

ssb6491

Smash Rookie
i think blaziken and lucario would be perfect for Brawl cause they are both fighting types. lucario may not get in though depending if diamond/pearl comes out b4 brawl. or they can add to the roster to promote diamond/pearl/ meowth would be a nice little addition as well as plusle and minun as paired char.s. i wouldnt want to many ppl. from pokemon cause then they will over shadow other series. the only series that should over shadow are mario, legend of zelda, metroid, and star fox.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
BLAZIKEN IMO. It has the perfect form to be a smash character. And its also very cool

SuperSmash33

Smash Rookie
wow, i played pokemon back in the day and i dont even know half of the choices for this poll. last time i checked there were 150, and in a recent issue of nintendo power i got a giant poster with like 250 of them on it. thats just too many... even the pokemon fans have to admit that some of those new ones are getting kinda lame.

..and dont argue with me about the number of pokemon because im probably wrong.

Lutz

Smash Cadet
lucario would be thee best he is a fighting/steel pokemon and from all the pokemon that are in this fighting game there is yet to be a real fighting pokemon, and not to mention he was in his own pokemon movie thatjust came out AND hes a 4th generation pokemon that would be great to show off for the new pokemon games to come, Blaziken would be my 2nd choice to as a fighting/fire pokemon once again hes a fighting pokemon and he fire as well and would be great to show off the 3rd generation which they don't have in a super smach bro game yet. the only down side I can see is Blaziken is I hope his move sets wouldn't be simplar to Capt. Falcon

Fimbulvetr

Smash Rookie
wow, i played pokemon back in the day and i dont even know half of the choices for this poll. last time i checked there were 150, and in a recent issue of nintendo power i got a giant poster with like 250 of them on it. thats just too many... even the pokemon fans have to admit that some of those new ones are getting kinda lame.

..and dont argue with me about the number of pokemon because im probably wrong.
Doesn't anyone here know anything at all? There's 493 Pokemon, as of DP's release in Japan.

Since know else seems to know much about Pokemon, these are some moves they could use and explanations if the name's are obscure (that people probably don't know):

Blaziken - Flare Drive, which is similar to Double Edge and Volt Tackle; In Fight, I don't know what it is, but it's very powerful; Overheat; Thunderpunch; Earthquake; Bulk Up; Brave Bird, another attack similar to Double Edge; Mirror Move.

Lucario - Dragon Pulse; Water Pulse; Dark Pulse; Extremespeed; Swords Dance; Bone Rush, repeated strikes with a bone/s; Luster Cannon, a Steel type magnetic beam; In Fight, see above; Metal Claw; Focus Bomb, not his signiture move, although similar; Anticipate, a counter move that goes first.

Both have plenty of moves, as you can see, and I've only just scratched the surface.

Most Pokemon have undergone major upgrades for the 4th gen. Keep in mind that DP attack's names are likely to change. Funnily enough, Wave Pulse, which is Lucario's signiture move, is also learnable by Mewtwo, Mew, Togetic's evo and two new legendaries. Although Togetic's evo has to stuff around quite a bit for it to get it, and the legendaries all learn it at Lv:99.

ssb6491

Smash Rookie
i'd also like to see raichu but a lot of ppl are saying it would be another clone of pikachu. lucario is not better than blaziken. and technically speaking blaziken has the advantage in battle.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
i just have to say blaziken.

i don't even know much about new pokemon, until the new ds one comes out here anyway.

but one of my friends did tell me that blaziken was a fire and fighting pokemon.

who COULD be better than a fire/fighting pokemon... i guess a policeman pokemon haha

marthsword

Smash Ace
NO! where is paras! Oh well, I voted all the other good ones. I said Heracross (Imagine him as a flying captain falcon.) Lucario, Hitmonlee (of course, maybe like shiek.) Also, Blaziken could be like a faster ganon, maybe a little toned down in terms of power. My number one pick for any pokemon (sorry mcfox, paras is second) is missingno. He would be t_eh 1337.

Xelyst

-_-
Blaziken seems like the perfect Brawl type char.... i'm all for that idea

Corinth

Smash Cadet
Lol, Blaziken's sooo overrated. :laugh:

Anyway, I voted for Deoxys. He's one of the most unique pokemon and a good fighter

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Scyther would be an awesome addition to Brawl as well; keep in mind that I still want Blaziken as my #1 draft pick though.

"This game's winner is Blaziken!"

"This game's winner is Scyther!"

Yeah, I can picture playin as those two!

justice

Smash Ace
I will give + rep to anyone who can prove that Raichu doesn't belong in Brawls or why he should.To the first person that is.

Corinth

Smash Cadet
Um.. because there are a lot better choices? And Raichu isn't even popular in Japan or America. But seriously, Lucario or Deoxys are better choices

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Dragonight (misspelled on purpose y'all) would be a straight up dominantating brute! I'm all for him baby! Additionally, his wings would give him an advantage for coming back on da stage.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Erlade should represent 4th generation. Cool, and many possibilities. Imagine a pokemon sword user...

Personally, I'd rather see Cacturne over Blaziken. Blaziken would end up being a crummy version of Captian Falcon. Cacturne could have an actually original moveset.

^B: Seismic Toss
B: Fire Punch
VB: Blaze Kick
>B: Sky Uppercut

How original...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom