• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which of you ****s broke my wii?

Toby.

Smash Master
So Liam was going through the play history on my wii to find out the last time it was used prior to it breaking.

Turns out the last time it was used was for 16 hours at thriller. The catch is that neither Liam nor I ever removed the wii from his metal briefcase during the tournament. So we can only conclude that somebody ninja'd the wii from the case, set it up, played it and then when they somehow broke it they returned it to the briefcase.

So basically I'm asking which of you ****s broke my wii.

Yours faithfully,
Toby

P.S You're a ****.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
You'd better answer him, you can't see how truly angry he is. If he has to hunt you down he will, but he will be somewhat placated if you tell him truthfully.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Wow, I cant believe someone would've done something soo silly =/. Hopefully someone owns up to this.. this will also prevent me from bringing my wii to future tournaments..

Sorry to hear that too toby ><... that sucks alot

Also how is it broken? Like in pieces broken? or just doesnt turn on anymore?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
oooh... then that might've been something that happened on its on =/. My laser died this year and i had to get it replaced for around 60 dollars. After a while (maybe around 2 to 3 years) when your wii is constantly playing a dual layer disk game such as brawl, the laser diminishes and eventually stops reading disks =( So I dont think anyone would've broken your wii toby, you'll just have to get the lens replaced it seems. Happens to ALOT of wiis which is reallly gaaaay...

I know theres a place in melbourne that replaces them for around 60 to 80 dollars, OZModChips can help.

Toby.

Smash Master
Yeah we already knew about all the laser stuff. Tbh the real mystery is why it was played for 16 hours when liam and I never actually removed it from the case. Since that's the last time it was used, its a bit strange. Prior to liam noticing the play history I just assumed that it was a faulty laser and was about to order a replacement.

Now I'm not so sure :/

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah, I guess someone decided to set it up in the venue on the Sunday morning when everyone still hadn't arrived.

Well maybe someone could explain who was setting them up that morning, Unless the history says saturday or something.

But yeah I know these things happen with people not taking the best care of other peoples equipment. Because one time in melbourne, I don't know who did it but someone tried to restart my wii because i had some textures on. (when they simply could have just taken out the SD card) and since my disk was NTSC format, they were like hmmmm its not working and took my cd out and tried to clean it, which only left massive scratch marks onto my near perfect condition disk >_>. Was very annoyed

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
The mystery has just taken another interesting turn. As it says it was a 16 hour block it means that unless the wii is lying to us it must have been left on at the venue overnight. This would mean that someone would then of had to turn it off when they arrived at the venue. The plot thickens.

Edit: Yeah that sucks Leisha, everyone should learn to respect other peoples' property.

Alzi

Smash Master
Where was the wii located Toby?

Also was this on a saturday or sunday? If it was on saturday why on earth did i not see you :(

I might give you some clues on how it broke. Since on saturday i remeber some of the wii's i was playing on they froze once someone one you know how it goes and the winner is yeah it would do that then when you press start it would just not go back to the character selection screen and i remeber this happening to two wii's they were in the melee area where they where set up but they had brawl in them.

One that froze think it was right at the end of the table or close to the end and the other that froze was right near the end of the other side of thoese tables.

Maybe one of them could of been yours and it was just the reader that stuffed up.

But the main case is why was it taken out of the brief black case.

Toby.

Smash Master
The history says saturday the 10th...but the 16 hour play time is only possible if somebody set it up on saturday and then left it on overnight (we left the briefcase there on saturday). Then I guess when people came back in the morning it wasn't working, so they put it away again?

That's the only explanation for it being 16 hours. If it was still working at that point there would be no reason to put it away, and the play time would be substantially longer.

edit: ninja'd by liam

alzi - I'm pretty sure I saw you but forgot to say hello. I got there late on saturday. Thanks for the info btw :)

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh ok. I thought yours was the one that froze.

Why did you just find out then anyway Toby?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
We couldn't be bothered playing brawl for 2 weeks afterwards, I had assignments and stuff. Then when we decided to set the wii back up it didn't work this was a bit over a week ago. This morning I was trying to see if it magically had started working again and I thought I would check the play history. This was when I discovered that it had been used at Thriller.

Alzi

Smash Master
Are you sure it's the correct wii?

Since someone elses could of broke and they decided to switch them around..?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
16 hours is a pretty long time to leave a wii running.. especially if it was left at the title screen constantly running the Laser lens. =S But if whoever discovered it wasn't working, the person probably should have at least informed someone about it instead of just packing it away and hiding it. Hope someone turns up and gives a better explanation soon.

As for another note, people really need to respect other peoples property, and not to touch anything that is packed away WITHOUT permission. You don't go though peoples bags =|

Makes me think whats the point of bringing stuff now if its going to get damaged by careless people =< I think i even heard once that Jeis wii got stolen at a tourney -__-

Alzi

Smash Master
Jono's brawl disc went missing here.
Pete's $20 note went missing here.
Tedeth's ntsc melee is still gone i think?

What i can say is do you usually bring your wii in that black bag Toby? If so then someone knows that you always carry a wii in there meaning they needed a wii badly so grabbed it out and put it on. Left it running. Come sunday someone was probally doing a check of all the wii's and realised yours was not working anymore. They got scared and didn't want to tell you so they put it back where they found it.

So it wasn't done on purpose they only wanted to hide it from being broken because they were scared of informing you that they took it out and now it's been broken because the lens was left overnight so they tried to make it look as nothing happaned.

To whoever did it it's an understandable situation to be worried once you realise someones wii is broken.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Would have to be someone who knew that a wii would be in the case. I mean, who just goes randomly through other peoples bags?

Splice

Smash Hero
Did you play Brawl the night before Thriller? If you play Brawl past midnight, the entire time you were playing brawl the day before gets transferred to the next day.

So you could have played some Brawl, left your wii on til 1:00AM Thriller morning, turned it off, and then all that Play Time, in the Wiis opinion, would have happened the day of Thriller.

Are you sure this did not happen?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
my wii hasnt read discs forever, i thought maybe the mod ****ed it up or something? perhaps itd be worthwhile getting the laser thing fixed and getting that new mario game :confused:

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Thanks Scott, the mystery continues I'm sure either myself or Doctor Watson should be able to crack the case eventually though. I wouldn't want to have to call in the Belgian detective.

Top Bottom