• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which gen is the best gen?

Which gen is the best gen?

• Gen I

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • Gen II

Votes: 50 35.7%
  • Gen III

Votes: 32 22.9%
  • Gen IV

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • and just for the sillies, Gen V

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
when black people were slaves they would cook meals... look at her clothes even they are getto
I think you're stretching that a little bit too far.

I don't think the games are racist at all, and I'm not confident that it's America (though that's a possibility), nor will I make any judgment until we actually have confirmation. Arguing about the region at this point is fairly pointless, because it could be just about anywhere.

Not that this is really relevant. Remember that this thread is discussing which generation is best, NOT where Black and White will/will not take place. Take that to the Black/White thread.

JOE!

Smash Hero
kashing, methinks -you- are the one who's rascist for immediatley jumping to those thoughts.

on gen preferance topic:

while true, alot of pokes from gen 4 wouldnt necesarrily have come to be due to (pr)evo's, just picture if that set were the originals we ahd to work with for the next 3 gens, wouldnt people be complaining that Venusaur is gay compared to torterra?

Without the nostalgia factor i personally find alot of old pokemon designs kinda lacking....I mean really, like 4 pokes in gen 1 evlve simply by growing like a new head, or 3 of them combining together. Mr. Mime is a creeper in disguise, ditto is literally a glob with eyes, and who even remembers seel?

for some reason i think people just see things a certain way instinctivley when it's in a series:

Spiderman 1: friggen cool

2: AWESOME!

3: wah, wahhh wahhhh not as good as the 1st 2

Smash 64: Cewl

Melee: Sex on a stick

Brawl: wahhh, wahh, not as good as melee

*shrug*

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You can't quite compare the Smash Bros. series to the Pokemon series in my opinion.

It's not even the fact that we're expecting better things from later generations. Some of the Pokemon just are plain terrible. You're complaining about Ditto? What about Luvdisc? You're complaining about Seel? What about Finneon? Is that even its name? I think you get my point, haha. A Pokemon that's creepy is not the same as a Pokemon lacking creativity. Mr. Mime is a lot better than Croagunk in those terms.

JOE!

Smash Hero
i find croagunk to be very creative...

they took a poison dart frog and made it into a frog who punches you with venomous "darts"

and i wasnt comparign pokemon to smash specifically, but more like how "series" usually gave their fanbases begin *****ing about everything after their 3rd installments, with the 2nd installments allways held up like a god

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Without the nostalgia factor i personally find alot of old pokemon designs kinda lacking....I mean really, like 4 pokes in gen 1 evlve simply by growing like a new head, or 3 of them combining together. Mr. Mime is a creeper in disguise, ditto is literally a glob with eyes, and who even remembers seel?
I actually like Seel/Dewgong...

for some reason i think people just see things a certain way instinctivley when it's in a series:

Spiderman 1: friggen cool

2: AWESOME!

3: wah, wahhh wahhhh not as good as the 1st 2

Smash 64: Cewl

Melee: Sex on a stick

Brawl: wahhh, wahh, not as good as melee

*shrug*
Part of that might just be because people prefer the earlier renditions...Spiderman 3 had like, four villains crammed into one movie, and...I'm not even going to get into why I don't like Brawl, because that kind of discussion always leads to flame wars.

It's fully possible that companies just end up disappointing after a certain number of installments. People have reasons for disliking the latter installments in all series' -- if they were just saying "it's not as good as the originals" or something, then I could see your point, but there are perfectly good reasons behind those opinions.

To each his own -- if people don't like fourth gen too, so what?

JOE!

Smash Hero
I just find it an odd trend that it allways seems to go:

2nd, 1st, 3rd (etc) in terms of best to worst in most series...

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
dude see this guys got a mind like mine i made those threads for like just to hear others opinions on the matter and i dont think its fair i would like to hear everyones thoughts on the worst & best pokemon...

and seel & dewgong arent designed that well...

Top Bottom