• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Final Smash Cameo character would you like to see upgraded to playable?

Which Final Smash Cameo would you like to see become playable?

• Total voters

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Chrom being both playable and in Robin’s Final Smash now, as well as regular Samus appearing in Zero Suit Samus’s Final Smash and Fox and Falco in each other’s, I have reason to believe Final Smash appearances aren’t deconfirmations anymore (unless they’re also a hardcoded AI NPC like an Assist Trophy or Boss). Final Smashes in Ultimate are basically glorified cinematics, playing out virtually the same way each time, save for whom is caught in it. In my opinion, it would be easier to promote a Final Smash character to playable in the same game than for an Assist Trophy, which is why Riki (from Xenoblade Chronicles) isn’t in this poll because he’s also an AT. Just take their model, give them a moveset, and a workaround for when their playable variant is out (either changing the FS variant’s palette like with Chrom, or removing them from the FS altogether like Falco in Fox’s when Falco is out and vice versa), and you’re good to go.

In my case, my first choice would go to Mecha-Fiora. Sakurai doesn’t care about spoilers in the slightest with how he added her to Shulk’s Final Smash in the first place. I was also a very staunch supporter of hers back in the day, even voting for her on the Ballot. It’s probably too soon for Rex from Xenoblade 2, but Fiora, and potentially Elma from Xenoblade X, could be DLC. If possible, Fiora could make a decent semi-clone of Elma. Fiora also has a bit of crossover “cred” if you will, appearing alongside Chrom, Lucina, and fellow Monolith Soft star KOS-MOS from the Xenosaga series, in 2015’s Project X Zone 2.

I’m also open to Kumatora being a semi-clone of Lucas, and were it not for Capcom already having three reps with Ken’s addition, either Bass or Proto Man would make for a good Mega Man Echo.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Isn't Poo in Ness' final smash? Anyway I voted Paula and Kumatora.
Let me add Poo (from Ness’s) and maybe also Boney (Lucas) too.
I didn’t add Mega Man Volnutt or Star Force Mega Man as I felt those would be overkill (not to mention a mouthful for Xander Mobus!)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If we extend the criteria to any character unfairly locked into someone else's moveset, Toad is by a landslide the biggest name who should be added.

If you want to be a stickler for Final Smash only, I'd probably go with Tom Nook as the biggest name followed by Petey.

R O F L

Smash Ace
What about The Hocotate Ship, Bulborb, Petey Piranha, The Condor, and Shadow Mario?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Kumatora followed by Tom Nook.

D

Deleted member

Fiora and Tom Nook.

Fiora because I love her and Nook because he's iconic af

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is quite a lacking poll to vote for honestly.

I say Isaac, from Golden Sun.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

So you wouldn't even want Kumatora, Paula, Mega Man X, or Proto Man? They ain't top tier choices, but they're good ones that wouldn't disappoint if included in my opinion.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

The poll is specifically for Final Smash cameos, not ATs. Last I checked Issac wasn’t in anyone’s Final Smash...

Top Bottom