• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Would You Use at a Tournament

Which Controller

• Total voters

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Gamecube controller, for ever.

Sure i'll give the other styles a go, but Cube stays the best, especially from what I have heared about the horrendous Wiimote, and the not so horrible Classic controller.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube obviously. Although I've yet to play with a classic or a 'mote & 'chuck setup though. I know it's definately not 'mote alone, just because your movement options are limited to 8 directions. I see myself using Gamecube controllers though just because that's what I'm used to.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel that the gamecube controller would have the most accuracy.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Gamecube.

But if I could I'd use the N64 pad aka best pad ever.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Unless they plan on making new gamecube controllers soon, I'll probably try to get used to the Classic, just so i'd be able to buy a new one when it breaks on me.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I still see gamecube controllers like...everywhere. Got a new one the other day for $20 at a local walmart.

Razed

Smash Ace
Gamecube is by far the best imo. It's got a great set up, and we're all already used to it. GCC FTW!

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube with melee control setting. i play 64 with a gamecube controller too, so might aswell have the controls the same for all 3 games.

I

i8waffles612

Prolly gamecube, but my gamecube controller is broken, im gonna get a GC and CC for Xmas

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Wiimote & Nunchuck would be pretty acessable. easy to use, hard to get used to.

Wiimote alone will suck bomboms.

Gamecube controller will be good

Classic will give most Controlls (Lz, Rz middle z)

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube, I could use the classic but I like Rumble...

Also I could use the Wii-Mote plus Nunchuck but then I wouldn't have a c-stick and that could hurt me some. (I have trouble pulling off some of my aerials as accurately without it)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
GameCube. I don't see wireless controllers being allowed at tournaments and other than GCN, the other options are all wireless.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube, I could use the classic but I like Rumble...

Also I could use the Wii-Mote plus Nunchuck but then I wouldn't have a c-stick and that could hurt me some. (I have trouble pulling off some of my aerials as accurately without it)
It in directly has rumble.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
GameCube Controller...

might try out the Wiimote with Nunchuck...see how that works out...

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
GC controller

I as soon as the 4 types of control update was posted, I went out and bought a new one. It's currently sitting in its case with the words, "Do no open until 12/03/07 02/10/08" written on it.

nuro

Smash Lord
I will use the sideways wiimote to MM people who are afraid of me. In a real tournament match I will probably use the GC controller with the B button replaced to the X button and the R button replaced with the Z button.

I might also use the classic instead of the GC since the buttons are closer but the feel is going to be awkward for a while. But so far I think the classic controller will allow the best layout.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I at least want to try the Wiimote with the Nunchuk, but if it's no good Ill definitely go with the Gamecube controller

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the guitar hero 3 controller. HOW THE HELL COULD YOU FORGET THE GUITAR HERO 3 CONTROLLER!!!!
genius...hehehe

I am gunna try that out one day...

Top Bottom