• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Controller Do You Use?

Which Controller Do You Use?

• Total voters

Egeu

Smash Rookie
Gamecube pad! Try playing lylat wars with it though impossible for me!

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I use the GameCube controller because it just feels familiar to me and to have fun or being competetive but I use the wii-remote + nunchuck every once in a while but it feels weird to get use to that feeling of using the GCN controller and the wii-remote+nunchuck back and fourth.

Binkachu

Smash Rookie
i never had a gamecube or ever really played one.... im just wondering what makes the gamecube controller better compared to the classic???

Binkachu

Smash Rookie
what makes the gc controller easier to use than the classic controller? ive never used a gamecube con so id really like to know

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
if your going to use a controller(you are duh) you will use the Gamecube or the classic since i dont own a classic and i had a gamecube previously i picked it.

Draconian

Smash Cadet
Gamecube, though I could see using the classic... it looks like it has everything I'd need. Still, why learn new methods when the current one is good enough?

DUB

Smash Lord
I've never seen anyone without a GCN controlelr at the tourneys I've been too. The classic controller is my least favorite by far.

AnimeSnoopy

Smash Cadet
Telepathy.

If not, then Classic.

Then GCN

I forced myself to relearn how to play with the Classic controller when I first got brawl. It took about a long time to do. But it's worth it.

DivineBeast

Smash Cadet
When i first got me we last month i was facinated with the wiimote + nunchuck, quickly i relised how easy it was with GC controller, but i turned to just wii mote and i can't see myself using the awkard wii mote + nunchuck or the or my 6 year old barley functioning GC controller lol.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
I told myself I would move to Wii Remote + Nunchuk once the game came out, but after deciding to main Lucas and hearing the wonders of B-sticking and using a button to jump, I migrated to the Classic Controller and loved it. I still need more practice, though. I only played Wii Remote once. Annoying.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
I'm rather surprised that only 77% so far use the GCN. Sure that's a majority, but I must say I expected more than that. To be honest, I have been defeated a couple of times by someone who uses the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo and they were doing quite well, it didn't hurt that they were a fairly new Smash player as well and weren't so used to the GCN.

Hmm, this really does give some food for thought. Of course, I'd never give up my c-stick. :-)

Keiogi

Smash Rookie
I find that most of the newer people to Smash use the Wiimote and its accessories. I'll always be a Gamecube controller man myself

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
After my GCC broke, I got used to the wiimote-nunchuck. Now I can't even touch a gamecube controller. Strangely it didn't take me much time at all to get the feel of it since I always used tap jump. I wish more people would use the wiimote competitively. Maybe then I wouldn't get so underestimated in tournies =P

mobilisq

Smash Ace
CC and GCN controller are pretty much interchangeable for me

I usualy let my girlfriend use my only GCN controller though so I've gotten pretty used to the CC

Top Bottom