• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character you think had the most impact on the SSE storyline?

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
I say Game+Watch. Think about it: If Game+Watch wasn't there, then Tabuu wouldn't have any army, as G+W is the source of Shadow Bugs. Since the Primid attack at the Stadium was what pretty much set the story in motion, w/o G+W, that wouldn't have happened. Tabuu also wouldn't be a threat, as he doesn't have an army of any sort.

SManDMan

Smash Rookie
Kirby, G+W, and R.O.B. Kirby ended up destroying that huge sub-space cannon, G+W because of the sub-space and the primids. Do I even need to explain ROB?

By far though, the most important character is TL. He played the song of ownage, giving Sonic the power to touch Tabuu without exploding, told D3 of Tabuu's plan (though since no one can talk, D3 couldn't warn the others), and even teamed up with Captain Falcon, the other most important character, to defeat the REAL guy pulling the strings. The behind-the-scenes fight with the Troll of Flames ring a bell?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
That someone's existence ended up affecting something greatly (even, effecting that thing, period), isn't what we tend to mean by saying "what person had the most impact" on some happenstance.

It's a semantic point, but I think it will hold. G&W certainly did not express any agency in the events claimed to be most significant. Yes, while Mr. G&W was the the thing from which the very plot was made, I think you'd agree that it is only incidental that those things were made from him.

The will of Tabuu was a given beforehand; had Mr. G&W not been useable as a resource to Tabuu in that way, Tabuu would have found some other method of enacting his plot - and, of course, enacting the Plot.

Mr. G&W didn't do anything in having the Primids exist. Their being wrought from his body/essence is not something he did.
And as a separate point, even ignoring the preceding point about agency, I think you can't say G&W had the greater impact on the plot, according to the story proposed on the model of Neo Exdeath and similar, before you say that Tabuu had the greater impact, for Tabuu was in the position of power over G&W absolutely.

So I propose two things: Mr. G&W can't have been "the character who had the most significant on the plot" unless Tabuu, in fact, is the one who had the most significant impact on the plot. (Which is to say, that Mr. G&W definitely did not have the most significant impact on the plot.)

Two, Mr. G&W is not someone who "had an impact on the plot" in any way - at least, in a way resembling the story recently proposed. For I think we will agree that such a thing is not what we would like to mean by a person having an impact on something.

briansmith

Smash Rookie
It starts out as a typical save-the-world sequence, but soon turns into eight hours of completely horrendous fanservice for all the game's characters at seemingly the same time. The story (more appropriately, the lack thereof) tries to do too many things at once with too many characters at once from too many angles at once

KillDozer123

Smash Rookie
Mr Game & Watch for presenting a lot of the bad guys, R.O.B. for being the hero in villains clothing, Kirby and Sonic for saving everyone, and most significantly of all, King Dedede doing something about it before anyone else knew about it....he was even willing to sacrifice himself.

Oh, and Captain Falcon for killing all those little Pikmin. I love their little "death mews". XD

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I'm gonna go with Kirby and/or King Dedede, seeing as he made the brooches, which caused the plot device in the cutscene where Mario hunts down Bowser, but he uses the Peach/Zelda trophy as a shield (yet another reason why i think the story makes more sense if you save Zelda), and then Kirby then swallows it, allowing him to revive the rest of the trophies later in subspace. Also, the brooches restore both Ness and Luigi, who revive D3, and go to save the rest of subspace. Also, a good deal of the plot revolves around Kirby, probably because HAL Laboratories were put in charge of designing SSE, and put their marshamllow in as much as possible, hence Kirby popping up in different parts of the world with little or no explanation of how or why he got there.

-Falcon LULZ

Smash322

Smash Rookie
It has to be mario. he got blasted by a cannon. he leaded a group, and never stopped.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I can't say any one character.. A combination of Kirby and Dedede both, but one wouldn't have helped much without the other.

But isn't it obvious? ToonLink, Wolf, and Jiiglypuff are all so very important to the story!

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Jigglypuff created a huge impact on the SSE plot.
Seriously, I think D3.

Mechie

Smash Rookie
The story was written by the creator of Kirby, so naturally Kirby would have the lead roll. In fact, he's actually the main character if you think about it. He's in over half of the cutscenes, he's in the first scene, he severed the battleship with his dragoon, he saved a princess, he also saved those 2 from dedede, and essentially he got revived later on in subspace. So i guess he has a leading roll.

I loved how ROB got introduced--all the ROBs are so adorable lol, especially the one who waves before the bomb detonates.

Pit and Mario also had a lead role, and so did Fox.

Top Bottom