• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character is hardest to KO when having perfect DI?

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
DDD, Snake, Bowser, and Donkey Kong are all the hardest to KO when having perfect DI.

Although it's not super hard to score horizontal KOs on them, the Space Animals (Wolf, Fox, Falco) are all hard to vertically KO (I think it's due to their fast falling speed?).

Crow!

Smash Lord
GW's bucket braking makes him even harder to kill than Bowser with perfect DI... but only IF he's hit a long distance, like across the length of FD, since he needs to have enough time to do the bucket before he dies. From the side of a stage hit off the same side so there's a short distance to the blast zone, he's still just a normal light.

To me, G&W would be the hardest to KO simply because he can bucket brake. If I recall, G&W can survive some pretty crazy things because of that. Even more so than anyone else.

Laem

Smash Champion
1st dedede due to most vertical weight, and a fast bair although multiple jumps means not too much MC
2nd DK lotsa horizontal weight and a great momentum cancel, but both will only save you from horizontal finishers
then snake.. bowser... 5th charizard or somethin idk, also, dont mention MK please, a fast aerial isnt gonna help if there's barely MC

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I tested DI and momentum cancel against Marth's untippered fsmash from middle of FD with DDD and he could survive up to about 205%.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
... really now, why was this thread necro'd? It was over a month old and contributed nothing.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Olimar

King Triple D's. Or Snake.

nb4lockthnxbai

IThinkAboutIvysaur said:
Ivysaur .Especially against characters with Fire type killmoves he's a tank.
You would say that.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Definitely DK.

Dedede lives like forever if you hit him up, but most fsmashes/dsmashes and strong aerials that hit horizontally will kill him at lower % than the other heavis, because his horizontal momentum cancel sucks so much...

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
DDD definitely, bair.

Snake would be second IMO, c4 recovery but that's not relevant.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
With DDD you can DI very up and still not die vertically. That's why Dedede is heaviest with DI. Snake can also survive DIing very up, though not as up as DDD being 2nd to DDD. DIing so up with Wario is not perfect DI with Wario.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
The top three are Link, DeDeDe, and Snake. They are all heavies and have good momentum canceles. They can live up to 145% most of the time.

Link uses his b-air, DeDeDe uses his b-air, and Snake uses either his b-air or u-air.

Xi_Athletics_ix

Smash Rookie
I'd like to mention Wolf can live a pretty **** long time, he is a relativly heavy character with a fast falling speed, and has fast aerials to momentum cancel with, bair, nair, and uair. I've seen wolfs live to 200+ percent before.
Wolf can live to about 180 with perfect DI after getting hit with a MK DSmash from the center of battlefield. They'res a vid of it somewhere but i forget what it's called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVBtu5gsnyc
At about 1:20

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
The top three are Link, DeDeDe, and Snake. They are all heavies and have good momentum canceles. They can live up to 145% most of the time.

Link uses his b-air, DeDeDe uses his b-air, and Snake uses either his b-air or u-air.
Link has the issue that his recovery sucks, and that's one way to easily KO him.

'V'

Smash Lord
It's gotta be Snake. He's freaking heavy to begin with and if he ever gets back on the stage, (depending on how good the player is) it's gonna be hard to hit him back off again because Snake is ********.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Not Link. He may be able to survive strong blows, but he can get killed trying to get back onstage.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
DDD, then DK, then Snake, for light weights I'd say G&W and MK.
I wonder what the fox/zelda boards have been able to pull off with that new "b-reversal" momentum cancel trick, it's awfully risky, but it seems like a crazy pseudo-bucket brake.

Top Bottom