• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character has the Best and Worst Final Smashes? 2.0

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
BEST: Possibly Kirby. Doesn't seem to be a way to evade it, and it can KO opponents if their damage is already high enough.

WORST: Jigglypuff. It makes no sense whatsoever...

FAVORITE: Lucas's PK Starstorm. The way he does it, it's just so epic!

upex

Smash Cadet
Best is marth because it is like a one hit kill which is kind of insane and the worst is jigglypuffs because it doesnt do anything useful.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
People are saying Jigglypuff has the worst FS out there; I say they need to look at it a little closer.

From what I saw, yeah Gigalypuff does no damage, but it deals a considerable ammount of knockback. It would need to be tested if one could grab the ledge while this is happening, but I believe Gigalypuff, activing her FS right with her on the edge after knocking an opponent off the stage, could easily be the ultimate edgeguard.

IMO, I think Ness's FS is worse than Gigalypuff, because of its spreading pattern it can be avoided easily, and a single hit from one meteor isn't enough to kill someone; with Jigglypuff you can time it so you KNOW it'll do something, Ness's is all up to luck. (Lucas's is better, because has equal chance of hitting the screen where it matters; the middle of the stage and the opponent.

TheMexicanMuffinMan

Smash Rookie
My favorite is Ike's, then Marth's then Lucario's.
In terms of effectiveness I'd have to say Marth-Olimar-Shiek/Zelda.
Worst goes to Sonic-Pikachu-Diddy. (Though a lot of people would disagree with me.)

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Best FS:

Marth's becuase it seems to always KO the opponent no matter what. On small stages Fox's, Falco's, and Wolf's seem to get the job done well, you either ram and shoot, or you fly to the top of the screen if they try to stand on you.

Worst FS:

DK's because it has seems very easy to dodge it. Jigglypuff's because I've never seen it KO anybody. Diddy's becuase it seems uncontrollable. I've seen more people die using Diddy's FS then killing the opponent.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say that Marth's is the best for me...or Luigi. Either way, they're both amazing.

Least favorite has to be...Meta Knight? Or Jigglypuff. Either or. Both seem to be hard to use.

Honorable Mention goes to Bowser for the implementation of Giga Bowser.

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff can be useful to knock people off ledges, as he takes up most of the stage, so i guess you can get some KO's from its FS, but no damage though.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
1st(s) - This is not byast, but no.1 for me has to be Zelda for...
her 1hit K.O Light Arrow WITH an awesome freeze frame effect, we all
know that freeze frames are the epitome of cool.

Honorable mention - R.O.B. - i just love this FS. Because it requires at least half a brain
to use. I hold no deep respect for a FS that gets a near
guarenteed K.O, so naturally i like R.O.B's quite a bit.

Worst - Wario Man - just generally not appealing to me at all. All other FS' i dont find bad.

Wierdest - Luigi...acid trip...no idea what's going on there.

Novelty - Jigglypuff. I JUST LOVE THIS FS! It's like the best edgeguard ever! I cant put into words why i really like this, so ill leave it there.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Why are we having this discussion? Unless you own Brawl, and have used the final smashes efficiently, then there is no way if determining which FS is the best/worst.
Watching video's aren't enough, you're not in the game.
Saying which FS we LIKE is ok, as long as we don't compare them, since many people have no idea what their saying.
I like all the Final Smashes, but Luigi's is pimpin even though I don't use/really like him.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
BEST FS: Zelda/Sheik. Out of every video I've seen, even when the damage is 0%, they still die!

WORST FS: ZZS. It is the easiest to avoid, IMO.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
i think with jigglypuff you have to do the moves your self so if you did sleep it would own but we would need confirmation on this.

Best: Giga Bowser he can rack up a lot of damage and easily kill all characters on the screen in the short time he's there

Honorable Mentions: Wario Man, Snake, and Fox/Wolf/Falco

Worst: Mr. Game & Watch its slow covers a lot of the stage but you could doge between the tentacles easily and if the stage has any levels to drop down on he cant hit you.

Dishonorable Mentions: Pit, DK, peach, and Lucas/Ness (looks really cool but easily dogable)

Most Bad *** Looking: Lucario nothing like the mother ****ing kamehameha to make you look pimp.

Hardcore Mentions: Ike/Link both laying the beat down

WTF Mentions: Luigi not hard to see why.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
hmm
marth fs looks beast
link's is aldo awesome. i mean, you could use this as a recovery/kill, in the event that you got knocked away, but still had the smashball

heytallman

CTALL
I think Yoshi's is probably the best, from what I've seen.

Other really good ones are Snake's, MARTH'S, Ike's because it looks so cool

Worst: Jigglypuff, which really makes me sad on the inside. I love the puff.

Game and Watch's Octopus FS is actually kinda frightening.

Luigi's is totally awesome

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Why are we having this discussion? Unless you own Brawl, and have used the final smashes efficiently, then there is no way if determining which FS is the best/worst.
Watching video's aren't enough, you're not in the game.
Saying which FS we LIKE is ok, as long as we don't compare them, since many people have no idea what their saying.
I like all the Final Smashes, but Luigi's is pimpin even though I don't use/really like him.
We're rating them from IMPRESSIONS.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Best: G&W

Worst: Metaknight

Jiggly's looks like it can be good if you sing the person first, or for just ledgeguarding.

soulz

Smash Cadet
I liked the IC's FS. But the one's that seem powerful or easy to KO is Mario, Samus, Marth.
But what looks terrible is Jigglypuff, if it was like IC's and it did some damage then it could have worked, otherwise its kinda lame.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
I don't understand what all the jiggly hate is for...

her final smash has one important feature you guys don't seem to notice: you can't get by her. She takes up half the stage, and you can't get to it.

Remember that final smashes leave you hanging in mid-air during the long animation ones and imagine this situation:
Someone (Jiggs or other) knocks an opponent off the stage, jiggly follows and uses final smash
they die. that simple. Its certainly not the best there is, when compared to the absurd power of marth or zelda's, but it could easily get three kills if someone doing a demo video didn't use it in the very centre of the map for once...
Remember the golden rule of smash: just cause you do lots of damage, doesn't mean they're dead.

Anyways, I think marth has the best, followed by zelda/sheik and then maybe peach.
Lucario's just doesn't do it for me, maybe if it lasted a bit longer or moved faster?
Thanks. Most people don't really think out of the box, it seems. The very instant I saw that Jigg's body was pushing people away, I realized the potential applications. As an absolutely impenetrable edgeguard, it's good for at least one kill with some setup.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Are you people sure that the people in the vids using dk's FS know to hit the b button to the beat of the music to make it stronger? Cause it doesn't look at all like their doing it. And be careful about placing luigi's low down on the list.... hasn't anyone thought of running up and fire uppercutting the closest enemy? They wouldn't be able to do much of anything to avoid it.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
You guys have no right to judge. I've seen Lucario's kill 3 people with each around 15-30 damage. And pretty much all of them own.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
Ike, Link, and WW Link higher than Ganondorf? They just do a bunch of slices and Ike's tends to not even kill his opponents if they are not at high percentages. Not sure about Links, I thought they had to be at a fairly high percentage for the person to die there too.

Ganon's is an instant kill though...
Ganon can miss. Links, WW Links and Ikes FS cant miss. Im not sure why did I put Marth 2nd... well whatever.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Thanks. Most people don't really think out of the box, it seems. The very instant I saw that Jigg's body was pushing people away, I realized the potential applications. As an absolutely impenetrable edgeguard, it's good for at least one kill with some setup.
Ya maybe people and myself may be judging this one a lil harder than the others but when it comes down to comparing it with other final smashes out there this one does no damage and may be harder to execute than the others. I mean this one would get more propz if maybe they would of have had jiggy do damage while she is getting bigger.

Top Bottom