• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which character has the Best and Worst Final Smashes? 2.0

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Okay before I talk about this thread I just want to say I chose to ressurect this thread because when I orginanally made this thread 12/6/07 not all maybe not even half of the Final Smashes were revelied yet, so I think it's appropaite to bring this thread back for we can get more of peoples responses. The first one was successful a lot of people posted there favorites but I think we can all agree that many of our most favorites and least favorites have changed. So now I ask after seeing every single FS. What do you think are the best and the worst FINAL SMASHES?

(IF YOU HAVN'T SEEN THEM ALL THEN WATCH THIS VIDEO THAT SHOWS YOU ALL OF THEM IN ONE VIDEO!!!)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q
(Note that this video makes Diddy,Peach, Ness, Lucas Final Smash look bad)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V-5CIZYzL9s
(This is the 2nd video of all final smashes in one video but this time it shows all of them during an actual match)

Best Final Smash: I'll still say that the Landmaster FOX is the best...I don't care about Falco's and Wolf's because they are clone FS'S and Bowser's is pretty deadly but not as good as the Landmaster Tank.

Honorable Mentions: Super Sonic and Solid Snakes

Worst Final Smash: I'm gonna havta go with Jigglypuff on this one. Even though it's funny to watch it does no damage what so ever. I think WW Link is bad not beacuse it's not good or it's weak it's simply because they gave him Link's when they could of very well given him his own orginal one.

Horrible Mention: Donkey Kong. Even though it's a lil stronger than I thought it still a short distance FS and may a lil hard to each...Same for Meta Knight Final Smash.

EXTRAS: Weirdest Final Smash: This one goes to Luigi no question. It's very odd but looks like it does some decent damage, but I'm still wondering why they didn't give him a Final Smash that uses the vacum??

Quickiest Final Smash: That one goes to Marth. His is a single two hits and your dead. HAHA needless to say this is a good Final Smash

Hardest to control Final Smash: Pikachu's because when I watch the videos it looks like it does good damages but the player seems to have a hard time hitting others because pikachu's seems to go faster than Diddy's and Sonic's Final Smash.

What do you think?

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Best FS

Mario, Lucas and Samus. All their final smashes have good range and deal good damage, they're almost unescapable and look pretty bad-*** if you ask me.

Worst FS

I'll have to go with DK, Luigi and Jigglypuff on this one. I think all those characters could've had a better FS than the ones they do now. Especially Jigglypuff and DK. Luigi's is just plain weird :laugh:, plus I think a final smash involving his vacuum would have been more cooler and effective.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Actually, DK's can be pretty good. If you press the buttons at the right time, I hear it can take up about 90% of the stage.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I think the best final smash may be Yoshi's. His does good damage, and he flies! Worst smash, well I think that the worst final smash is Meta Knight's. His is hard to do and it seems as if it doesn't do good damage.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Marth and Zelda/Sheik's are the best. One hit kills, horizontal range either infinite (Sheik) or platform-length (Marth). Honorable mentions are Ganon and C. Falcon, and Kirby's if it's unavoidable.

Worst is Jiggly (no damage) or DK.

Sogeking

Smash Cadet
Best FS

Mario's cuz it's like a kamehameha, Ike's because of the cool animation and the same kind of strikes like Links, and the Ice Climbers for it's inventiveness

Worst FS

Marth's because it's a one hit kill and just cheapens him a little bit more and Jigglypuff's because it doesn't really have a purpose to me.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Giglypuff fails.

Ganondorf's is pretty darn good too. Sonic's depends on how hard it is to control though.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we can make any real judgements about how good/bad the various final smashes are until we've all played with them; videos of them are insufficient. How easy is it to control some of them? Dodge them? Block them? Clash with them? How many are you not invincible during? How many can you control the character during? When can you activate them? These are all important questions which are not, in my mind, sufficiently answered. Some of them look very bad; Lucas and Ness seem to have a particularly bad FS, mostly because it looks incredibly easy to avoid and seems to lack good damage or good knockback. The transformation ones (Wario, Yoshi, Bowser, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Sonic, and Pikachu) all seem like they have a fairly large amount of potential as they all seem to be a fairly long-lasting power up and, in some cases (particularly bowser) seem unlikely to miss and fail to take off a stock from your opponent. Link's looks likely to kill, but whether or not it actually is as strong as it looks post-DI remains to be seen.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
Best FS-Marth & Zelda/Sheik
they seem to be almost guaranteed KOs if they hit.

Worst FS-Jigglypuff
all he does is get bigger. it does no damage at all.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
I can input witch one's I like, thats for sure:

#1: Zelda's "Light Arrows"
I have YET to see someone LIVE this thing. Period.

#2: R.O.B's "Overdrive"
EVERY B attack going off at once, AND inviable while this is going on and can STILL ATTACK?!?...Whats NOT to like?

#3: Ganon's "Dark Beast"
Like Zelda, I've YET TO SEE SOMEONE LIVE THIS THING.

#4: Land Master ( Fox, Falco, Wolf )
"Its H-HUGE!" "...And you can ride on it?" "GET OFF THE LAND MASTER!"
Its big, does barrel rolls and KO's people like nothing...Oh ya it can't be hurt...WEE!

#5 Yoshi's "Dragon"
After seeing it COMBO SOMEONE OFF A STAGE AT 0%....I fell in love with it...

Worst FS:

#1: Jigglypuff's "Mega Yell"
...Uhh....Ya...People need some HIGH percent to die from this sucka...Yet Puff's still has rest that might as well BE A FREAKING FINAL SMASH.

#2: C.Falcon's "Blue Falcon"
ITS SOO COOL!!!!....And yet why is the range and power gimped?!?!?!....Blarg, he still has his PUNCH so all is well...I guess..

#3: Meta Knight's "Mirror Slice"
Ehhh....such a TINY range...and you need dmg before it KO's...At least it LOOKS cool...

Urb

Smash Journeyman
BEST FS:
Mario, Yoshi, Olimar, and maybe...MAYBE...Captain Falcon and Sonic. Marth's looks pretty cool as well.
Worst FS: Luigi, Jiggs, Lucario, DK, Peach, Pikachu, Pit, and Dedede.
Luigi's is wierd, Jiggs does almost nothing, Lucario's is small and relatively weak for a FS, DK's just stinks in general (like him), Peach's does no real damage, Pikachu's is easy to avoid, Pit's does little damage and takes a few seconds to activate, and Dedede's is lame AND weak! Bonus!

As a side not, couldn't the developers been a LITTLE creative when devising Falco and Wolf's FS?!?!?!? I mean, come on! 3 land masters is lame! Wolf should have his wolfen! Falco should be able to summon Crystal and slippy in Arwings to blast people! Remember, no one likes a bunch of clones.

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
Best: Olimars or Marths
Worst: Jiggles(but maybe thats balencing her and being a really good char without Fs so who knows)

Urb

Smash Journeyman
#2: C.Falcon's "Blue Falcon"
ITS SOO COOL!!!!....And yet why is the range and power gimped?!?!?!....Blarg, he still has his PUNCH so all is well...I guess..
Sorry for the double post, but I just read this after my last post, and HAD to comment on how true this is. I think the KNEE could be a FS as well.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Jigglypuff's is that bad. If you knock the opponent off and use it as an edgeguarding technique, it's pretty much an instant kill. (If you weren't paying attention she puffs out a little at the end pushing you very far away)

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
I don't understand what all the jiggly hate is for...

her final smash has one important feature you guys don't seem to notice: you can't get by her. She takes up half the stage, and you can't get to it.

Remember that final smashes leave you hanging in mid-air during the long animation ones and imagine this situation:
Someone (Jiggs or other) knocks an opponent off the stage, jiggly follows and uses final smash
they die. that simple. Its certainly not the best there is, when compared to the absurd power of marth or zelda's, but it could easily get three kills if someone doing a demo video didn't use it in the very centre of the map for once...
Remember the golden rule of smash: just cause you do lots of damage, doesn't mean they're dead.

Anyways, I think marth has the best, followed by zelda/sheik and then maybe peach.
Lucario's just doesn't do it for me, maybe if it lasted a bit longer or moved faster?

Srules

Smash Apprentice
Maybe its just me, but I seen Jigglypuff's final smash used effectively. I am not sure if you press a button to do this but at the very end jigs actually does an attack. I have seen it actually kill a few people. Can anyone else confirm this?

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I'd say...

Best: Marth's Final Smash
Worst: ROB (Not hating on it! It just doesn't seem very effective besides edge guarding.)

S2

Smash Lord
Best - Marth (instant kill)

Worst - I don't know yet.

A lot of the FS look like they are much better than some people are giving them redit for.

Like Jiggly's, if you use it while people are trying to recover its probably much better than the vids we have of people using it in the middle of the stage. Not to mention stage choices probably effect a FS's usefulness.

Dedede's seems much deadlier on a small stage than on a huge one.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
1Kirby - Do hes FS near the sky
2 Marth 3 Olimar
4 WW Link 5 Link
6 Bowser 7 Ike
8 Ganon 9 MK
10 Samus 11 PT
12 Mario 13 Z/Sheik
14 Lucario
16 Ness 17 Lucas
18Pikachu19 Sonic
20 Diddy 21 Tanks
22 Wario 23 Pit
24 Snake 25 Dedede
26 Zamus 27 Peach
28 Yoshi 29 Ice Climb
30 Luigi 31 DK
32 G&W 33 Jiggz
I havent seen Cptn. Falcons FS...

Ps. I cant watch videos.

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
Best is marths no question.

Worst is Jigg's cause it looks like it does no damage and its completely irrelevant to her character.

But I would be awestruck if Zamus had Jigg's Final Smash. Come on seriously that would only make it so much more fun to watch.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
1Kirby - Do hes FS near the sky
2 Marth 3 Olimar
4 WW Link 5 Link
6 Bowser 7 Ike
8 Ganon 9 MK
10 Samus 11 PT
12 Mario 13 Z/Sheik
14 Lucario
16 Ness 17 Lucas
18Pikachu19 Sonic
20 Diddy 21 Tanks
22 Wario 23 Pit
24 Snake 25 Dedede
26 Zamus 27 Peach
28 Yoshi 29 Ice Climb
30 Luigi 31 DK
32 G&W 33 Jiggz
I havent seen Cptn. Falcons FS...

Ps. I cant watch videos.
Ike, Link, and WW Link higher than Ganondorf? They just do a bunch of slices and Ike's tends to not even kill his opponents if they are not at high percentages. Not sure about Links, I thought they had to be at a fairly high percentage for the person to die there too.

Ganon's is an instant kill though... The only reason I might say Bowsers is better is it's longer and you have some control, but you aren't guaranteed a kill.

Or not, Zamus does damage now? They must have changed it from the video I saw :D

B J

Smash Cadet
Jigg's FS does do damage, (liek 20%) and yeah it seems the users keep screwing up by using it pretty much in a useless place, like in the dang middle of a level.

Best- Olimars, i personally like the animation, and its pretty much no miss.

Worst- I say Meta and Captian Falcon. Having to hit the opponent with an initial move before the FS actually works kinda stinks

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Best I'd say would be Bowser and Marth, bowser because 1 Fsmash and your opponent is screwed, there's little way of escaping gigabowser either and marth because it instaKOs ANYONE as long as they're level with him and it's hard to dodge because it freezes the game when he activates.

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
Best - Marth. One hit kill no matter what. Need more be said?

Runner Up - Giga Bowser. Ridiculous range with ridiculous strength, the best part about it is that you control every last execution of it.

Worst - Ness and Lucas. At first PK Starstorm seemed like an awesome move, until it became appearant it's easy to dodge. Just stay in the middle of the stage to avoid most of Lucas's, and all of Ness's.

Runner Up - Jiggs. Makes a really good edgeguard, but not much else. Pretty useless if done in a big stage.

Personal Favorite - King Dedede. He summons up tons of his minions, fast strong ones at that, that pretty much rampage across the entire stage, crushing every last thing in it's path.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Fox has the best FS? No way in he11. The fact that he shares that FS with two clones, should be a huge negative. There might be a lot of land master jokes, but a tank that hopes around isn't the best/coolest FS.

The best FS's IMO are Marth's and Snake's.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
LOL. Pit's FS is soooooo horrible. He summons this army right? And each one of them does good damage and the hits combo into themselves. And Pit can run around hitting people or comboing them too. Or he could grab someone and then let his army hit them since they can't get away. And then his army would just KO them.

Pit's FS is terrible. It's definitely not one of the best.

Oh wait a second...

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
peach's could be better if your opponents couldn't eat the peaches...
jigglypuff's could come in handy on small stages.
sonic sux.
olimar's IS impossible to block
ROB's racks up some devestating damage AND you can still attack.
Luigi's is like an acid trip.
marths is so deadly that it's mentally challenging.
Zelda/Sheik's are as devestating like marth's WITH an awesome freezeframe kill scene.
Falcon's simply gets rid of the stage just to run someone over, which is pretty cool.
BUT FOX, FALCO, AND WOLF first of all should have all been replaced with a lump of s**t. the fact that they're ALL the same is disturbing. Especially the FS part.
but all in all my favorites are:
Ice climbers because that ice burg does some harm along with taking up the WHOLE stage.
Kirby's because he basically turning prople into food.
and Ganondorfs because of his sheer awesomeness.
the most useless are:
Lucario's because its slow, lasts a total of about 5 seconds, and doesn't do much of anything.
Sonic's because he sucks.
and DeDeDe's because of the fact that it is the same as his one of his B moves.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Best- Samus, Bowser, and Marth.

Second best- Pit, Fox, and Mario.

Worst- Jigglypuff, Ness/Lucas, and DK.

Top Bottom