• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which amibo are you getting???

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Ness and Dedede are probably the only ones I'll get. I'd like ones for the other characters in my signature + Kirby, Samus, and Pit but that's unlikely unless I really like my Ness and Dedede amiibo's and have the money to spare

the8thark

Smash Lord
In Australia the Amiibo (1st wave) are released like a week before the game is out. So I am sure if you rock up on Amiibo day you'll certainly be able to get the ones you want.

The Australian dates are as follows:

29/11/2014 - Amiibo 1st wave
6/12/2014 - SSB4 WiiU date
6/12/2014 - Amiibo 2nd wave (supposedly)

Also the Falcon Amiibo is just wrong. He should be doing the Falcom Pawnch.

S2

Smash Lord
I'll probably pick up the Zelda themed ones and possibly Samus. Maybe Falcon eventually as well.

But honestly, the quality on the commerically produced ones they showed is kinda wonky. Some of them look fine, others look pretty terrible. The Marth one is a good example of the final product looking much worse than the production model they've been showing off in most of the marketing materials.

Not that I don't want Amiibos, but given the quality of some of them, the don't give me that "collect 'em all" vibe. I'll pick up the ones for my absolute favorite characters and leave it at that.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Here's some hints: he wears green, he has blue overalls, wears a hat that has an L on it, and is THE COOLEST CHARACTER EVER.

Still haven't guessed it? Surely that very last hint would have given it away...

It's
LUIGI

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Here's some hints: he wears green, he has blue overalls, wears a hat that has an L on it, and is THE COOLEST CHARACTER EVER.

Still haven't guessed it? Surely that very last hint would have given it away...

It's
LUIGI
Was 100% convinced the spoiler was gonna have someone other than Luigi.

I kind of hate Luigi's pose in the amiibo, I hate the taunt in game too. Idk, I feel Smash Luigi for the most part feels very un-Luigi.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Was 100% convinced the spoiler was gonna have someone other than Luigi.

I kind of hate Luigi's pose in the amiibo, I hate the taunt in game too. Idk, I feel Smash Luigi for the most part feels very un-Luigi.
Yeah, I know his pose doesn't actually suit his appearances outside of Smash. But it seems that whoever designed Luigi's artwork/taunts wants the "plank" pose of Luigi to be his signature pose. I don't mind it that much, but they probably could've done something more 'Luigi'.

Besides, it'll be much fun having a Luigi assist me in battle. Especially if I'm playing Luigi as well.

D

Deleted member 245254

I most inclined to buy Amiibos based on two criteria, in this particular order...

1. A balanced character to spar against.

2. Characters I used to play as a lot/like.

That being said, Fox and Marth are pretty high up on the list of likely being bought. However my only concern with the Marth Amiibo is that once he's lvl 50 his counter senses will just be unrealistically stupid, making for some pretty cheese situations when I'm trying to practice, where as Fox tends to be pretty "fair" as a CPU battle buddy.

Eventually when the newer ones come around I'll probably pick up Sonic and Lucina just cuz.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Shiek , Zss, and Sonic. Sonic cause I love the character, ZSS cause its my main (and i want to see what type of game play a computer gets from observing me), and Shiek because lets face it, I'm gonna be fighting sheiks forever so may as well get some practice.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
While I still don't know yet if I'm going to buy any of them when the first wave of amiibos comes out, I can say for sure that I will get my favorite characters (:4greninja::4rob::4diddy:). I might try to collet them all in the future.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Ill probably get them all but I don't NEED them all... but I have every single 1.0 and 2.0 Disney Infinity figure. My OCD is going to dig my wallet's grave

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
right now link, ganon, yoshi, and luigi are the ones i want

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm certainly getting Robin's. Perhaps Bowser Jr as well. I'll probably get Samus, not because I play as her but because I like the character. If Dixie shows up as DLC, then her as well.

Yet another reason why I'm mad at Sakurai for cutting Ivysaur

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I'll only have time to level up one amiibo, and it's probably going to be either R.O.B. or Pac-Man.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I'm definitely getting Robin's and probably Link's as well.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The direct sold me on them. I'll probably get mario, and maybe 7 more after that to do 8 player smash.

Forever 9

Smash Cadet
NNID
ForeverNin9
3DS FC
3626-0399-4225
As of the current available ones, I'd probably buy Samus (huge Metroid fanatic) and probably Villager.
But If they were to release a Ness Amiibo, I'd definitely purchase it. <3

Last edited:

kyokencl

Smash Rookie
NNID
kyokencl
3DS FC
3969-3699-8305
when Nintendo show the prototipe concept in an info of the japanese corporative page i wanted to know more about it and it say "more info will be announce at E3" then i speculate in my mind how this gonna works, when they show the concept in the E3 i said: "i want all Star Fox amiibo"

so

i will reserve Fox amiibo for the 1st lineup

after that i will reserve Luigi amiibo because i like the L-mathe reson and this one maybe i can use this one for Mario Kart 8

in the future when the pre-order is avaliable i will reserve Falco amiibo

the rest only could buy it if only a game i wanted in the future need it

thats all

Khao

Smash Lord
If there was a Mega Man one, I'd get that.

But since there's not, I'm likely going for Link, or Pit. Wouldn't mind having Samus either, or Marth.

I'd love to get one for every character, but I'd end up spending like $1000 if I tried.

Last edited:

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
If there was a Mega Man one, I'd get that.

But since there's not, I'm likely going for Link, or Pit. Wouldn't mind having Samus either, or Marth.

I'd love to get one for every character, but I'd end up spending like $1000 if I tried.
Close, approximately $675 I believe.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Personally, I feel Mario's Amiibo just looks so epic(no bias). Other than :4mario: I'll probably get:4fox: or:4villager:. Definitely looking forward to other Amiibo's down the line.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:4yoshi::4duckhunt::4pacman: For sure.
:4luigi::4mario::4bowser::4wario::4peach::4zelda::4littlemac:if I have the cash.
:4ludwig: if he gets one. Doubtful, but you never know since the Koopalings also could use them for Mario Kart 8.

The above are just for Smash. Then there's the other inevitable must haves for me like Captain Toad's amiibo for his game, and if Impa gets a Hyrule Warriors one that's a must have too.

G-K

Smash Cadet
I was going to buy Peach and Link on launch, but after seeing the fugly final versions, I'm holding out for a Hyrule Warriors Link... hopefully there's one in the making.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I was going to buy Peach and Link on launch, but after seeing the fugly final versions, I'm holding out for a Hyrule Warriors Link... hopefully there's one in the making.
From what I read the same Link (that some people hate the look of the mass produced version) will also work in the future for Hyrule Warriors.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Before I knew what they did I pre ordered:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Pit
Diddy Kong
Little Mac

...Now that I know what they do I have to add Fox to the list.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Do you think you can use an unlockable character amiibo if you haven't unlocked that character yet?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had them all preordered before I saw how much they decreased in quality since E3

I cancelled them all

I'm only going to get select characters now

D3, ROB, Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr

Top Bottom