• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which amibo are you getting???

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I would've gotten ZSS, but its not available at launch, I guess ill eventually get it, but as for the first wave definitely I'll be getting my other main, Fox.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I'm definitely getting the Ike and Shulk amiibos when they come out. We already saw footage of Ike FP's, so he's pretty much confirmed, and they did say they plan to make amiibos of all the fighters, so I assume Shulk will arrive at some point too.

I will consider maybe getting one of: Robin, Greninja, and Marth, depending on the quality of their figurines (looking at you bendy Falchion).

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
From the officially announced/shown ones:
1. Mario
2. Kirby
3. (maybe) Link
4. Little Mac
5. (Maybe) Samus

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Definitely Kirby and Ness, then maybe my secondaries: Sonic, Mega Man, and Lucina.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I like the quality of them, but I'll probably end up getting...

..None of them. :b: I need to see what they add to other games.

Lustersold

Smash Rookie
Marth, Greninja and Mewtwo who will be my mains. Might pick up some waifus too who knows?

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
I'll get Samus at launch, and possibly Mario/Wii Fit Trainer. Then I'll have to pre-order Pit and Captain Falcon before wave 2 hits. I'll probably get Kirby from my girlfriend as a Christmas present. Then that leaves:

- Ness
- Rosalina and Luma
- Charizard (maybe)
- Duck Hunt
- Game and Watch
- Robin (maybe)
- Lucina (maybe)
- Dr. Mario
- Bowser
- Maybe more, but there's just too many, so I don't want to think about it. :p Mostly I just want the obscure characters that haven't had a lot of merchandise (or none at all) for themselves.

chib-SAMUS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spamus
Samus, ZZS, Bowser jr.... screw it, i'll just go into debt and buy them all!

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Link, Zelda, and Samus are must gets, they'll look great next to my Pacific Rim Kaiju. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yoshi is going to be my starter. He's a really solid character (and I love him because he's adorable and stuff), and out of all of the Amiibos, he is the one confirmed for use with the most games. 5 to be exact - Smash Wii U, Smash 3DS, Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, and Yoshi's Wooly World.

When Wave 2 drops I might consider picking up Captain Falcon too.

Then when they come out, Rosalina, Sonic, Mega Man, and Duck Hunt Duo are the ones I am absolutely getting.

May also get Pac-Man and Mario just to complete the "big four".

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Well i don't like the new Amiibo designs too much but my most wanted are:

1.Samus
2.Donkey Kong
3.Yoshi

Shog

Smash Ace
I will get ONE Amiibo depending on there use in games. I read already that Yoshi has games like Wolly World. But where are people getting this information from?

Also Jigglypuff amiiboo

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
When i heard about the amiibo thing i tohught "What? like Skylanders?? That sucks" then i realize the features that it has so i´ll definitely buy some, here is mah list:
Mario :4mario:
Link :4link:
Martha :4marth:

maybe:
Villager :4villager:
WFT :4wiifit:
Kirby :4kirby:
The second wave i still don´t know so i´ll wait.

thisdoesntmatter

Smash Rookie
Likely all the Pokemon, sans Jigglypuff, if they are all made and I can catch them on sale down the line.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Why sans Jig? Don't you want to be the very best? Like no one ever was? :c

I'm down for Ganon or Dedede if they look good. They're both so amazing in their own ways. The powerful badass and the king of charisma, such awesome sides of the bad guy spectrum. And I also can't play enough of them in game.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Zelda, Sheik, Rosalina, Kirby and Villager.

If all of them are made, that it is. Though it would be quite stupid if they made amiibos for certain characters only.

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
I was always just gonna get one and level it up and give it loads of great equipment and stuff. I'll be getting a Toon Link one (if it is ever released).

the8thark

Smash Lord
At the moment none. I think I will eventually get Link because Hyrule Warriors. But past that, I'll have to see them in person and see what kind of quality they have. And if they compare to the other Non-Amiibo figures Nintendo have released. Those non-amiibo ones are pretty good. I want to see in person if the Amiibo are as good.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I preordered Mario, so I'll get him on Day 1 with the game. After that I would consider a number of others:

Link
Samus
Fox
Kirby
DK
Yoshi
Marth
Iggy/Lemmy/Roy
Mega Man
Peach
Bowser

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Villager, Kirby, maybe Mario

thisdoesntmatter

Smash Rookie
Why sans Jig? Don't you want to be the very best? Like no one ever was? :c
While I love to play almost every character in Smash, she's too floaty compared to my traditional choices (not exactly "mains") for me to enjoy playing as her. Sadly, I'm not rolling in dough either. So even though the Pokemon Amiibo are the only ones I'm likely to invest in, I'm not really willing to invest in her since don't really enjoy her play style.

Mewtwo, Charizard and Greninja would probably be first. Followed by Pikachu and Lucario. If someone wanted to buy her for me as a gift or something, I wouldn't say no or anything. I'm just not putting my cash towards her.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
While I love to play almost every character in Smash, she's too floaty compared to my traditional choices (not exactly "mains") for me to enjoy playing as her. Sadly, I'm not rolling in dough either. So even though the Pokemon Amiibo are the only ones I'm likely to invest in, I'm not really willing to invest in her since don't really enjoy her play style.

Mewtwo, Charizard and Greninja would probably be first. Followed by Pikachu and Lucario. If someone wanted to buy her for me as a gift or something, I wouldn't say no or anything. I'm just not putting my cash towards her.
Solid answer to a somewhat silly question. I can definitely understand if floats aren't your thing, they're a bit of a specific style, and that you'd rather have pokes that fit your play. Mewtwo is prob a ways off :c but great first picks. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out, haven't seen Char's or Greninja's model yet.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Are all the Koopalings getting Amiibos? Even if they are, I'm probably only getting :4bowser:The Bowz.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Are all the Koopalings getting Amiibos? Even if they are, I'm probably only getting :4bowser:The Bowz.
A solid question, my assumption is that people will have to wait a while for the rest of the troop if they exist ever at all. The only clue I can see to say this is because there isn't a female villager or male wii fit trainer, so they might not be a priority. That being said, the other Koopalings did get quite the cameo in their launch trailer so who can really say.

and btw... was such a fan of smeargle since the first silver, so... big props on your name/avatar/sig.

Edit: took out the parenthesis about the male wii fit trainer as GideonSmash cleared it up.

Last edited:

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
A solid question, my assumption is that people will have to wait a while for the rest of the troop if they exist ever at all. The only clue I can see to say this is because there isn't a female villager or male wii fit trainer (which makes more sense because he doesn't exist in the actual fitness game right?) so they might not be a priority. That being said, the other Koopalings did get quite the cameo in their launch trailer so who can really say.

and btw... was such a fan of smeargle since the first silver, so... big props on your name/avatar/sig.
There actually is an option to have the male wii fit trainer in the wii fit games, but I guess most people choose the female one... Including me :smirk:

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Most likely getting Peach and Rosalina amiibo's. They're the two I use the most in the game.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I want :4link::4sonic::4darkpit: but I think I'll have to choose one of them because I wouldn't have the money to buy all of 'em.

Top Bottom