• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHERE YOU AT(CANCELLED - Mods please delete)

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Hes from niagara Bernard...lol everyone fails at least one thing. Hopefully I will have my stick parts before this...

How is niagara even getting there O_o ?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
RaynEx; of course I'm down for SF4, I just need to make sure there's time to get everything done. Speaking of time, you're right this tourney is fast approaching, and I'm still trying to nail down a venue for it. I really hope I can get something soon, I don't want to have to delay this. Chatham Golf & Fun Centre venue is way too small, Zen thought he could get a venue but it's taken on the tourney day... I still have about 5 venues to look at though.

Gi; I only hadn't listed this in tourney listings earlier because I figured it would die off since I posted this like 3 months in advance. I haven't posted it in tourney listings yet because I have no internet and right now am on my bro's laptop piggy-backing off someone else's unsecured wireless.

But yeah, just letting everyone know I am doing whatever I can to finalize a venue. Once I get my internet connection back on the 7th I'll post a big update.

nasir123

Smash Ace
Hes from niagara Bernard...lol everyone fails at least one thing. Hopefully I will have my stick parts before this...

How is niagara even getting there O_o ?
well yo nate i was pretty sure that mike was sopposed to drive us but he is on vacation at vietnam so i guess they may have to take niagara off this list unless evin can drive us there =)

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
lol kevin? doubts. He got the car taken from him already. i think he might have gotten it back? would his parents even let him travel that far?

Pho

Smash Journeyman
So how's everyone that's not from Chatham going to get to Chatham? I saw some hotel ideas, so if you guys wanna actually do that, send me a PM.

Patches

Smash Master
So how's everyone that's not from Chatham going to get to Chatham? I saw some hotel ideas, so if you guys wanna actually do that, send me a PM.
At the moment, I'm down for that too.

However, I am having ride johns, so I might need a ride.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Wait uh...how far is Chatham from say Toronto exactly?

If this site I'm looking @ is correct then I have to seriously re-consider if driving there and back is worth it.

sgthands

Smash Cadet
its about 4 hours if the traffic is good

also are there any players comming from windsor?

sgthands

Smash Cadet
also anyone who mains IC are not going to be able to partisapate because IC are just that gay

ty.

sgthands

Smash Cadet
never i will not let him in ill use mi hands to keep him away ..my sgt hands :)

ill put him under my dress then dsmash him so hard his little IC hands are broken

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
well u can just take the wheels off because its closed as of july 1st.
Wheels was ruled out a while ago for other reasons, I just never bothered changing the list of venues.

its about 4 hours if the traffic is good
It has never taken me 4 hours to get to a tourney anywhere in the Toronto area from Chatham. Toronto is about a 3 hour drive +the time it takes to drive through the city (which has never been more than 30 minutes for me, and driving through Chatham will never take more than 10 minutes), and I drive pretty slow.

Honestly though, venues are starting to look a little sketchy. I'm not giving up yet but we seem to be competing with a lot of weddings this year for venues. The last venue I looked at is booked every Saturday for the rest of the year. I still have a couple venues to talk to, and one is looking promising, but I'm just warning everyone that there is a real chance this will get postponed.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Of course it will get postponed ceX. I read this thread a while back when I was looking for venues, and it was such a pain, could never get the date nor the hours needed.

Like, I thought you had this planned already, it will be hard, and it will be understood if you can't get it together cause wedding season has started, so it is balls to get a venue.

but remember, try churches, community centres (although here in Toronto, it is near impossible to get a community centre for the hours needed, bt it may be different there, who knows), **** man even senior centres (lol mikey), so yeah don't forget your resources.

Kaybee

Smash Rookie
Churches are a good option, not too expensive either.
Only thing is Christians will get a big bonus playing on home turf....

And as far as the Toronto people are concerned. It should be less than three hours from the time you get on the 401. Obviously if you are driving outta Scarberia you got an extra 30 mins at least in front of ya.

Xelyst

-_-
Ryan is checking out the Moose lodge today. I'm still looking around and I'm going to re call a few of these places for other potential dates.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
If you guys end up getting a different date than June 13 I will push my tournament back to June 13 because of the bread and honey festival

sgthands

Smash Cadet
hopfully before the touri me zen and ubermage will have a combo vid to show everyone how good we are
so look out for that guys

seacrest out.

G U R U

Smash Lord
hopfully before the touri me zen and ubermage will have a combo vid to show everyone how good we are
so look out for that guys

seacrest out.
Actually what we should do is play between ourselves and get some good footage and then get some more good footage playing against other people from our tourney, then combine them to form Ultimate Combo Video!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Actually what we should do is play between ourselves and get some good footage and then get some more good footage playing against other people from our tourney, then combine them to form Ultimate Combo Video!
EARTH!

10cptplanets

Seriously though, tried calling Moose Lodge today, no one to talk to; had to leave a message.

Top Bottom