• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where most of the UK Community are!!!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm going to be in London from july 20th till aug 4th (me and my family are going to the olympics woo! go usa!) and im tryin to play some smash.

Are there smashfests in the london area? I'm just tryin to get connected with some people thats all, who should I be talking to?

I forget where exactly in london ill be. I want to say GreenStreet, but im not sure at the moment.

I only play melee and some project m, no brawl

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
PRIME =DD

Yes there will be smashfests and also theres a mini tournament called Salty Runbacks every 2 weeks

its pretty easy to travel around London so no worries

sucks you're missing smashers reunion tho, why not go to that since its a week before? :s

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yes, London has smashfests, Alpha Dash and Wiggum host frequently. As fuzzy said salty runbacks is a frequent event in Croydon that has Melee, P:M and Brawl.

Look forward to playing you. :>

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Luckily once you're in London, it's pretty easy to get anywhere, so no matter WHERE you are, you will be able to get to a smashfest somewhere, look forward to playing you :D

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Charless ! haha

Awesome, love the quick feedback! Not gonna be able to come early since its a famly trip and all so we're travelling together. Btw, I think it's UptonPark is where we're staying. And yeah last time I was in london was probably 8 years ago haha so it's not my first time, I can take the underground anywhere, u guys know.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, Not necessarily the underground because it doesnt cover certain parts of southern london. But you get the idea :B

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
If someone lets me know about a big UK tourney happeneing in London in like August I will almost definatly come down, il get Calz to come so you can almost 100% confirm us 2, unless he is busy. Though I need to know like 2 or pref 3 weeks in advance so I can book days off, cuz I work Tuesday to Saturday, and get Sunday and Monday off, until the end of August.

BUT IT HAS TO BE A BIG TOURNAMENT, not really Europeon big just a big UK tourney. And I promise I will do my very best to get a lot of the retro players down like Cloud, Miller, Cong, Kasper etc. And then just see what happens after that tourney, though I personally think most of the Brawlers are just bored of Brawl and have moved onto something else or nothing at all. But yeah let me know.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
This post is just to bump this thread as a reminder for new people.

If you're interested in Melee, Brawl or Project M, just join the Smash Facebook group, that's pretty much where we all, the group has like 220 people in it lol.

Top Bottom