• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where most of the UK Community are!!!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
The smash community are getting shocking at the moment. No-one is bothering to travel anything unless it's right by their doorstep even when a great opportunity comes by.

I don't know how many times I've talked about a smashfest at mine when I had tons of space (seriously I did have so much space) and T.Vs for what would have been an awesome smashfest. Nobody came apart from the Southampton players. Thats pretty pathetic :urg:. Now my sister has moved back in, so you've all missed your opportunity. Man up

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
exams, the smash community is predominantly 18-22 where most are working or at uni. And if you think about the time of year you'd know many students have exams/dissertations/course work to do, and most break up the end or may/june.

Smash aint dead, its just just taking a nap.

L-J

Smash Ace
I can only speak for myself and those I know at my uni but what AD said is true - exams and dissertations take huge priority from early spring term onwards, especially in finals year. So yeah, after they're done I should be travelling a bit more this summer.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
This conversation happens EVERY YEAR and EVERY YEAR it is the same problem. Dujuan's right, it's just the exam period where our (thankfully) intelligent community decides that focusing on exams is a better idea than playing Melee all the time.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
More smashers have Facebook accounts now then they do SWF accounts

big events are still posted here, just small fests don't really tend to be.

If your interested in a fest or something smaller...then give someone a text or something :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Then you won't be involved in the majority of the hype and funny discussions which take place on the facebook 'SmashUK Page' and where smashfests (not tournaments) are mostly arranged, really.

You might as well get it for just SmashUK purposes...there's no point in trying to be a rebel against facebook just cos loads of people use it when that's where a lot of discussions and arrangements and hype takes place for something you like.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Still, I'm not getting a Facebook. I don't see why all the smash community has to move there, instead of using a forum that is DEDICATED TO THE SMASH COMMUNITY.

/thread

Also seriously, calz/anaky have me on xbox live so they have no excuses to send me messages on xbox saying they're holding fests. :|

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Still, I'm not getting a Facebook. I don't see why all the smash community has to move there, instead of using a forum that is DEDICATED TO THE SMASH COMMUNITY.

/thread

Also seriously, calz/anaky have me on xbox live so they have no excuses to send me messages on xbox saying they're holding fests. :|
The Smash Community has moved there because it's a LOT easier to conversate there about multiple subjects at a time and easier for new people to operate and read through everything.

That's pretty much why it has move, because it's easier to use, and of course there's no limits on what we can say, we can't make threads on certain subjects cos they would been seen as uneeded and deleted, but we can make posts on facebook about little subjects which gets a big discussion going

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's cool now I can flame all of you on Facebook with no repercussions.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
This ^
That is the main point, loads of stuff which I have said on SmashUK would have got me banned on here, SmashUK is easier to review posts, and just overall better IMHO...

I don't see it moving from there to here now tbh, so you I highly suggest getting facebook if you want to be involved in the Smash scene.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Hate for Facebook > Love of Smash

Unfortunately. So I guess I won't be part of the smash scene any more. No more K.Mac Hype. Shame.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Why do you say that lol, just because a lot of stuff is on facebook does not mean you can't be a part of smash at all lol...

Kmac man up

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
You say no more kmac hype but your legend still lives on within us.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Why do you say that lol, just because a lot of stuff is on facebook does not mean you can't be a part of smash at all lol...

Kmac man up
Well how am I supposed to be a part of smash when nobody tells me of any tournaments, fests, etc, because all that stuff only goes about on Facebook?

Last thing I heard from anybody was Anaky saying a few months ago on Xbox Live that Calz might be hosting a fest 'in the near future'. I never heard anything else since then :l

Just saiyan'. I'm not getting Facebook. :|

I wouldn't mind just coming along to random smashfests though, it's been a LONG TIME since I met up with anybody. Foreveralone. If someone like Calz sends me something as simple as a message or a chat on xbox saying someone's hosting a fest I will probs try and come along ... though I cereally have not played Smash in like ... forever.

Not that I care lol. Will just get drunk off my *** and get lol'd.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
It's cool now I can flame all of you on Facebook with no repercussions.
If this was facebook, I'd like this comment. lol.

Events are posted on here, its just that its unseen. Salty Runbacks have been posted on here many times but not once have I seen YOU K.MAC at any of the SR events nor have I seen you post in the threads.

The people who DON'T have facebook or DON'T want a facebook account why not do one of the following

- MAN UP AND CREATE AN FB ACCOUNT.

- Host an event of your own and post it on here.

- Post a thread on here querying about an event or tournament (and someone will inform you about it if need be).

- Exchange phone numbers with someone who DOES have facebook and follows the smashuk page so they can inform you on the latest.

- Create a facebook account, don't get involved with the facebook drama, don't have any friends, don't upload any photos of yourself (maybe upload a pic of like Mojo Jojo or something), Join the SmashUK page, don't post anything, just keep your eyes open for events/videos/results/general banter.

- Message a T/O / moderator / an active member of the scene: Myself, Fuzzyness, Jolteon, Professor Pro, Yeniths etc. The list goes on...

I personally would use this site more if it was easier to use, It is complicated to look for a tournament in the UK
www.smashboards.com > Smash World Forums > Smash Tournaments > Regional Zones > Europe! > Regional Discussion > [topic]
7 links? how is a new member meant to find that?

www.facebook.com > (search bar) smashuk
It also notifies you

see where I'm going with this?

Tero.

Smash Champion
Flights to London are super cheap, so if there are some tournaments/big Smashfests Id be interested in going.

You should advertise your Events on the German boards more

:phone:

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Well how am I supposed to be a part of smash when nobody tells me of any tournaments, fests, etc, because all that stuff only goes about on Facebook?
That's like saying how am I supposed to do my homework or study for exams when all the books are at the library.

That's like saying how am I supposed to eat when all the food stays in the grocery store.

That's like saying how am I supposed to get in when nobody tells me theres a party saturday night.

That's like saying how am I supposed to get a girlfriend when all the woman (past my laptop) stay outside my room.

That's like saying how am I supposed to apply for a job when nobody of them sends me offers.

your 2 seconds of salt is worth nothing

make a troll facebook with absolutely none of your real life personal details. it's not hard, and it takes 2 minutes.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The Smash Community has moved there because it's a LOT easier to conversate there about multiple subjects at a time and easier for new people to operate and read through everything.

That's pretty much why it has move, because it's easier to use, and of course there's no limits on what we can say, we can't make threads on certain subjects cos they would been seen as uneeded and deleted, but we can make posts on facebook about little subjects which gets a big discussion going
That, And only the most amazing coolest people in the world get to be group admins :B

If this was facebook, I'd like this comment. lol.

Events are posted on here, its just that its unseen. Salty Runbacks have been posted on here many times but not once have I seen YOU K.MAC at any of the SR events nor have I seen you post in the threads.

I personally would use this site more if it was easier to use, It is complicated to look for a tournament in the UK
www.smashboards.com > Smash World Forums > Smash Tournaments > Regional Zones > Europe! > Regional Discussion > [topic]
7 links? how is a new member meant to find that?

www.facebook.com > (search bar) smashuk
It also notifies you

see where I'm going with this?
Aye to that, I only found the community by sheer luck initially because of a random willz comment on AIB

Flights to London are super cheap, so if there are some tournaments/big Smashfests Id be interested in going.

You should advertise your Events on the German boards more

:phone:
If i could speak german, I totally would
Would you perhaps mind giving me a link to the german smashboards?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
And k.mac, The last FOUR london tournaments have had their own SEPARATE threads, Just look for them, seriously XD

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
That, And only the most amazing coolest people in the world get to be group admins :B
Ahhh yeaaahhh. Admin Dash.

That's like saying how am I supposed to do my homework or study for exams when all the books are at the library.

That's like saying how am I supposed to eat when all the food stays in the grocery store.

That's like saying how am I supposed to get in when nobody tells me theres a party saturday night.

That's like saying how am I supposed to get a girlfriend when all the woman (past my laptop) stay outside my room.

That's like saying how am I supposed to apply for a job when nobody of them sends me offers.

your 2 seconds of salt is worth nothing

make a troll facebook with absolutely none of your real life personal details. it's not hard, and it takes 2 minutes.
You da MAN!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Sorry misread,

I think Amcd is still located in Liverpool. Smashers in Manchester too, I'll try and get their attention

Top Bottom