• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where is Zelda going?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The Zelda Thread had like 10 pages about a Zelda MMO. Anybody whose looking in here may want to check it out if they're interested.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
A little more freedom within the series wouldn't hurt. I'm talking about things like optional secret dungeons with additional items and power-ups that aren't necessary to beat Ganon, but could really add the quality of game play.

It'd also be nice to be able to mix it up with your weapons, bring back the Big Goron Sword, allow Link to duel wield swords, maybe even allow players the option of having items like the megaton hammer take the place of the sword for general combat.

Another thing, the puzzles need to be more involved, they need utilize most of your gear and often such that nothing you have obtained seems like a pointless item.

That's what I have to say.
:link:
Agreed in bold.
Nowadays, in recent Zelda's, you get an item, and that will be the item UNTIL YOU GET A NEW ONE. They'll throw in you using a bomb or two, but not much diversity until the last temple.

Weapon combat would be nice to improve. I'd like more options with your shield, like using it as a damaging attack. I do like the shield hit to stun opponents though.

That would be cool if there was a "Secret Temple/Dungeon" in the next game that is Very Hard to defeat and you need to use all(or just about)your inventory to get through it. That alone would make the game even greater! It wouldn't hurt. If Nintendo is so obsessed with making games "more enjoyable" then challenging and fun(which is what I think it should be..don't we all?), just add an optional Temple/Dungeon for the hardcore to tackle!

Spire

III
BRoomer
That would be cool if there was a "Secret Temple/Dungeon" in the next game that is Very Hard to defeat and you need to use all(or just about)your inventory to get through it. That alone would make the game even greater! It wouldn't hurt. If Nintendo is so obsessed with making games "more enjoyable" then challenging and fun(which is what I think it should be..don't we all?), just add an optional Temple/Dungeon for the hardcore to tackle![/color]
Well, that's sort of what the Cave of Ordeals was, but cheaply and repetitively designed. I understand what you're saying though - a full out dungeon somewhere in Hyrule that you must venture through (not down and down and down through 50 thirty-foot rooms [that's 1,500 ft. below the Earth you're traveling]).

Oh yes, and here's the interview with Miyamoto that includes Twilight Princess's FPA-demonstration: http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890200p1.html. Promised I'd get it to you.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
This:
"I don't necessarily think it will change that drastically, but I think that Zelda is a franchise that does need some big new unique ideas," he said. "And so the team right now is very focused on trying to find those ideas." ~Miyamoto

It won't change drastically, but it needs "big new unique ideas..". If it isn't that drastically changed, it won't be "big" and "new".
I hate how they are so vague on things. If it isn't "drastic", then it obviously won't be a full fledged FPS..because that would be "drastic" to many Zelda players. I don't get what Miyamoto is trying to get at exactly with the FPS demo. If it stays like this, then we could assume a couple of parts will have FPS aspects, but I doubt the whole game with this info.
Maybe he has plans for online? I'm not exactly sure. And I can GUARANTEE that if nothing is said at TGS, we won't know anything until next year(unless I'm forgeting about some game event...), because Nintendo is out of E for All according to recent hearings.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This:
"I don't necessarily think it will change that drastically, but I think that Zelda is a franchise that does need some big new unique ideas," he said. "And so the team right now is very focused on trying to find those ideas." ~Miyamoto

It won't change drastically, but it needs "big new unique ideas..". If it isn't that drastically changed, it won't be "big" and "new".
I hate how they are so vague on things. If it isn't "drastic", then it obviously won't be a full fledged FPS..because that would be "drastic" to many Zelda players. I don't get what Miyamoto is trying to get at exactly with the FPS demo. If it stays like this, then we could assume a couple of parts will have FPS aspects, but I doubt the whole game with this info.
Maybe he has plans for online? I'm not exactly sure. And I can GUARANTEE that if nothing is said at TGS, we won't know anything until next year(unless I'm forgeting about some game event...), because Nintendo is out of E for All according to recent hearings.
Perhaps he's talking about the overall feel of the game still retaining the timeless "Zelda" feel, while still introducing 'big new unique ideas', which could very well include a huge shift in gameplay to FPA (first person adventure), style, art-direction, thematic concepts, etc, etc. Who knows, really. Here's something that you might all enjoy:

Originally Posted by Zeldapedia
There are several rumours surrounding the next game in the series. One of the most notable rumours is the theory that the next game may chronicle the Great Flood, stars an original character other then Link and be set in a Hyrule with trains and muskets. The only evidence was a supposedly genuine IGN interview with Eiji Aonuma that was posted on several forums, rumour websites and blogging websites. The concept has been met with a mixed reaction and a great deal of skepticism. Other rumours involve re-releases of past Zelda games, such as Ocarina of Time.

Spire

III
BRoomer
With the recent [rumored] Star Wars Rogue Squadron Trilogy Wiimake, might we see games older than the GCN (like the N64 Rogue Squadron) be Wiimade for the new "Play on Wii" thing? If so, I smell A Link to the Past getting a Wiimake, and perhaps even Ocarina of Time.

How epic would a bundled Wiimade "A Link to the Past + Ocarina of Time" game be? Seriously! Both games have been praised far more than Twilight Princess and with updated graphics and controls better than Twilight Princess, it would be left in the dust.

They could remake any number of Zelda games as bundles that would work flawlessly:
  • Legend of Zelda + Adventure of Link
  • Legend of Zelda + A Link to the Past
  • A Link to the Past + Link's Awakening
  • A Link to the Past + Ocarina of Time
  • Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask (YES YES YES!)
  • Oracle of Seasons + Oracle of Ages
  • Four Swords + Four Swords Adventures + The Minish Cap
  • Wind Waker + Phantom Hourglass (too early, really..)
  • Faces of Evil + Wand of Gamelon (YES....NO NO NO!)
Any thoughts concerning this possible future?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This would be an awesome way to play all the Zelda games I never had a chance to play.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
With the recent [rumored] Star Wars Rogue Squadron Trilogy Wiimake, might we see games older than the GCN (like the N64 Rogue Squadron) be Wiimade for the new "Play on Wii" thing? If so, I smell A Link to the Past getting a Wiimake, and perhaps even Ocarina of Time.

How epic would a bundled Wiimade "A Link to the Past + Ocarina of Time" game be? Seriously! Both games have been praised far more than Twilight Princess and with updated graphics and controls better than Twilight Princess, it would be left in the dust.

They could remake any number of Zelda games as bundles that would work flawlessly:
  • Legend of Zelda + Adventure of Link
  • Legend of Zelda + A Link to the Past
  • A Link to the Past + Link's Awakening
  • A Link to the Past + Ocarina of Time
    [*]Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask (YES YES YES!)
  • Oracle of Seasons + Oracle of Ages
  • Four Swords + Four Swords Adventures + The Minish Cap
  • Wind Waker + Phantom Hourglass (too early, really..)
  • Faces of Evil + Wand of Gamelon (YES....NO NO NO!)
Any thoughts concerning this possible future?
The bolded is what seperates the boys from the men. I am actually gasping just thinking about this possibility!

Ocarina of time+Wii motion plus+twilight Princess plus(Updated TP graphics) would= OCARINA OF TIME: PWNAGE EDITION!!!!!
Upgrade graphics from Twilight Princess.
The only thing is, if they. . .excuse me. When they remake Ocarina of Time, I really think it shoud be the Masterquest version or have that avaliable. That, my friends, would make this flawless.

yes, I beat it twice. I supposed i should have said that NAVI dies. That: "HEY!" "LISTEN!" get on my nerves lol.
Navi is not that annoying as you people put her. You guy's exaggerate to the extreme with that. I really don't find it annoying.
What I did find annoying is that Midna didn't help you except for jumping. Navi gave enemy insight, clues, etc. Whether you need them is irrelevant, but I for one like hearing about my enemies and whatnot.

.:: I'm really glad this was brought up. If a revamped package of Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time were made, I couldn't even begin to comprehend how much money that would make! I know my wallet would be wasted in a heartbeat.
Heck, it might make my vision of the new Zelda game(which I have a feeling I just won't accept)negligible because I would be hooked to this.

EL OH EL at the CDi games.

* New sig. Like it guys? The Hylian font in the background says the intial font.*

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
* New sig. Like it guys? The Hylian font in the background says the intial font.*

I swear I've seen someone else with that sig. I think O D I N made it a long time ago....
Anyhow, that makes 2 of us with new sigs :p

inferchamp is done if you want to know (sorry i it's not very good, it was reeeaaallly hard).

-:bowser:Bowser King

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@Bowser King:
Yeah, O D I N made it for me back in his first sig shop. He made this animated one and a non animated one for me. I only use O D I N's sigs, because he was rightfully the best in my opinion. It's a shame he had to go out of business though.

Yes, I saw Inferchamp. Don't worry too much about it. I understand it was hard. *stores it in photobucket*. Thanks.

*Anyways, a comment of mine for this thread is above*

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hopefully in the inactive section of Nintendo for awhile so OTHER franchises can more attention

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
"Nintendo is testing these peripherals with casually-geared games to see if they sale, and if so, how they would fare if incorporated into their golden child, The Legend of Zelda - as a means to assimilate casual gamers who at that point, would be the main users of these peripherals, further making the game more "accessible" without dumbing down the actual gameplay and formula."
This is probably where Link's Crossbow Training came into place. I knew it wasn't TOTALLY useless.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
The bolded is what seperates the boys from the men. I am actually gasping just thinking about this possibility!

Upgrade graphics from Twilight Princess.
The only thing is, if they. . .excuse me. When they remake Ocarina of Time, I really think it shoud be the Masterquest version or have that avaliable. That, my friends, would make this flawless.

Navi is not that annoying as you people put her. You guy's exaggerate to the extreme with that. I really don't find it annoying.
What I did find annoying is that Midna didn't help you except for jumping. Navi gave enemy insight, clues, etc. Whether you need them is irrelevant, but I for one like hearing about my enemies and whatnot.

.:: I'm really glad this was brought up. If a revamped package of Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time were made, I couldn't even begin to comprehend how much money that would make! I know my wallet would be wasted in a heartbeat.
Heck, it might make my vision of the new Zelda game(which I have a feeling I just won't accept)negligible because I would be hooked to this.

EL OH EL at the CDi games.

Navi was useless because this games puzzles were so easy. She help a bit master quest, but, I mean that was master quest. Midna, being even MORE useless, wasn't as annoying with her stupid giggle. Navi got really annoying when you were trying to figure out a puzzle and she was fluttering around screaming, hey, listen, trying to get you to listen to her on how to use a door. :ohwell:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@Toon Marth:
The puzzles were harder then the mediocre Twilight Princess's. Water Temple for the common, anyone?
Your acting like they were a walk in the park the first time through, because, the first time through is when it matters.
If you stood in front of the barred doors for a few minutes, then Navi would keep saying "hey" "listen". . .but not right after each other. They're about 30-45 seconds apart, which by then you could've:
A- Listened.
Or B- Get away from the barred door.

It's not annoying, to be honest.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Ok, I will make an exception for the Water Temple. Twilight Princess was easy. But when you even had to solve a puzzle where you had to be next to a barred door she would repeat it. And I just remembered that the game might wait a little bit for navi to speak again for you because, well, are you using the original n64 version? I played the one on gamecube with master quest on the same disc and it sure didn't wait no frickin 30-45 seconds. And you know, maybe It's just annoying to some and not others. Mainly to me because I don't find her hints to be very useful...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I have the N64, beat the Masterquest disk a few times and the Collectors Disk. Whatever though, you could move away from the door. >_>
And let's use the Hyrule Field example:
"Hey!" . . . *about 30 seconds later* . . . "Hey!"
In this situation, if it annoys you that bad, just listen real quick and Navi won't ask for a while.

If it's the barred door situation, and you're actually standing right in front of it with no key or whatever, that's your own problem.
Oh, and Navi's tips were basically to get your way through the obvious. She didn't tell you like a walkthrough, because that'd be dumb. The fact that she gives you tips and enemy insights(etc.)wasn't needed and is what Midna solely lacked. Midna was kind of just there.
I'm all done with the Navi thing.

.:: Along with the Water Temple, the Forest Temple is acclaimed to get people annoyed. I'd say the Spirit Temple as a third because of backtracking a lot.
Twilight Princess had. . .oh wait, that game was easy. Albeit though, the Temple of Time was amazing in that game.

Now, this on the other hand is up there for annoying. . .although, instead of annoying, I find it hilarious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4cD-gblAa8

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
I have the N64, beat the Masterquest disk a few times and the Collectors Disk. Whatever though, you could move away from the door. >_>
And let's use the Hyrule Field example:
"Hey!" . . . *about 30 seconds later* . . . "Hey!"
In this situation, if it annoys you that bad, just listen real quick and Navi won't ask for a while.

If it's the barred door situation, and you're actually standing right in front of it with no key or whatever, that's your own problem.
Oh, and Navi's tips were basically to get your way through the obvious. She didn't tell you like a walkthrough, because that'd be dumb. The fact that she gives you tips and enemy insights(etc.)wasn't needed and is what Midna solely lacked. Midna was kind of just there.
I'm all done with the Navi thing.

.:: Along with the Water Temple, the Forest Temple is acclaimed to get people annoyed. I'd say the Spirit Temple as a third because of backtracking a lot.
Twilight Princess had. . .oh wait, that game was easy. Albeit though, the Temple of Time was amazing in that game.

Now, this on the other hand is up there for annoying. . .although, instead of annoying, I find it hilarious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4cD-gblAa8
Funny thing, I never found the water temple that hard, but yeah the spirit temple was annoying, but the boss was freakin' awesome so I would say it was worth it.

But as far as TP, I loved the theme and the bosses were very cool, but the game was very very easy. (I love killing ganon with the fishing pole)

And that clip is funny, I can actually make that noise. I use it to creep my friends out.

Top Bottom