• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where did these come from!? - A guide to Advanced Technique and Glitch Origins

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
I challenge anyone on Cape Breton Island!
Have you ever thought "Why can I tech?" I plan to clear that up. I need some explainations, which are listed at the bottom.

Teching/L-Cancelling/Power Sheilding/Meteor Cancelling - Have you noticed that level 9 CPU's can do these well? That points to the developers wanting to increase the difficulty of the CPU. They do let us use these, they just "hid" them. :)

Wavedash - This is sort of a glitch of the physics engine. It shows the physics engine is up to par, actually, because we're basically launching ourselves across the ground. Try throwing a brick across the pavement. Naturally, it's momentum will slide it.

Jump-Cancel - Also a glitch, and a quite useful one at that. During the frames you are still on the ground after a jump, you can use your ANY smash/tilt (more easily an Up-Smash) and a standing grab.

Short Hop - These have been in every Mario game, Sonic game, or any game with a jump. Not to mention, Mario does it in the How to Play video in the game's archive!

Dash Cancel - As it turns out, the crouching animation is shorter than the skidding animation, and we can crouch during a dash.

Dash Dance/Pivot - Listen to this guy...

Also known as DA Dashing, since phillybilly from DA discovered it. I personally like to call it pivoting, because...well, that's what you're doing.

I bring this up in topics a lot, and since I keep getting questions about what it is, I decided to make a thread explaining it. It's also a place to discuss potential uses or whatever.

Ok, so, the explanation:

When you dash, you can cancel your movement three ways; shielding, crouching, and jumping. However, there's something called an initial dash (ID), which is an animation that's different from the rest of the dash. Tap forward with any character and let go- that little distance they moved is part of the ID. It's the animation you're doing when you dash dance. During an ID, you can't crouch to cancel the movement, which would (until pivoting was discovered) mean you couldn't fsmash, dsmash, ftilt, dtilt, or uptilt from an ID.

Pivoting is basically this: it's turning your character around, similar to dash dancing, but instead of dashing the other way, you just stop and stand still. From this standstill, you can do anything. Now, this doesn't mean you have to dash one way, turn around, wait, and then do a smash or tilt. No, quite the opposite.

See, when you're in the turn-around animation, there is one frame in which your character is standing up. This is the frame in which you can do the attack you want. Smashes are easy, because you can just C-Stick. Tilts are harder, since you need to be quick and gentle at the same time with the stick. If you do it right though, what should happen is it looks like you're running away from your opponent, and all of a sudden, an attack comes out of no where.

How to do the Pivot/DA Dash

It's really simple, but requires some finger skill. Dash in one direction, and then flick the control stick fast but gently in the other direction so that it resets to neutral. If you did it right, your character should be in the standing in the opposite direction. Keep practicing that, moving on to basic attacks like neutral A's and then C-Stick Smashes. Eventually, forward tilts and chargeable forward smashes should come. For ftilts you actually don't want to let go of the stick, you want to keep it pointed in the direction you're attacking. You just need to time pressing A right.

That's the point I'm at now. The timing for ftilts is hard to explain. Best I can tell you is that the instant you move the stick the other direction, press A. If you do a dash attack in the direction you were originally running, you're probably closer to doing it than if you accidentally dash attack in the opposite direction. And don't ask me how the **** to do uptilts/down tilts. I'm working my butt off trying to find out if it's possible, because theoretically, it is.

Sorry for the lousy explanation, but I can't seem to find the right words. Maybe usea can help me out since he is lord of the frames.

Uses!

Ok, the most important part, this technique's potential usefulness. A lot of people I've talked to have told me it's unnecessary, and cumbersome. Too hard to be worth it. Maybe that's true, but I still feel there's potential in this. Especially for, oh lord no, Marth.

Basic use I see is for spacing. Usually to counter aerials, people wavedash back. Problem is, a wavedash is a little slow, and can sometimes send you too far back. A pivot would allow you to have more precise control over where you attack from, since you have the whole range of the ID to choose from. This is especially great for getting tippers as Marth, since his ID is so long.

We all know the basic combo in Marth dittos of fthrow, grab, fthrow, smash. Well, with a DA dash, you can follow the opponent's DI just enough, and then tip them. Or say you're Mario, and you're guarding someone who's hanging on the ledge. You can fake out by running back and forth, and then ftilt when they start rolling up. If the ftilt misses, you can follow up quickly since the move doesn't have a lot of lag. Plus not many people expect to be KO'd out of a dash dance.
(Y.) Link's "Hidden Spike" (;)) - To those that didn't see "Stupid Words - The Aaron Music Video", the "hidden spike" is (Y.) Link's Down tilt over a pit. It works like any other meteor smash. It sends you down. Since there is usually ground under it, you get sent upwards unless you are in the air. I think it can be considered a meteor smash since it can be meteor cancelled with the usual MC animation.

Wall Jump - I couldn't consider this an Advanced Technique since you physically NEED it for Young Link's BtT, and it's actually stated how to wall jump ON HIS ALL STAR TROPHY, but I realized it's not told that the other guys can wall jump, nor did they speak of the wall-tech jump. Now, we must learn how a boy and a fat plummer can wall jump...

MewTwo Pull Down - Since MewTwo's Confusion move flips you around right at his eye level, if his eye level falls below something, so do you.

Samus Super-Jump - Try getting caped as you jump. You go much higher. Since hanging from the grapple beam doesn't count as a desent (spell?), the game still shoots you upwards. I don't know why you go so high, I just know the basic principles.

Things I need:
A more in-depth explanation on the Jump Cancel.
The Luigi Ladder.
Link/Kirby/Samus Super Jump.
Super Wave Dash.
Moonwalking.
Anything I forgot.
Any better explanations and corrections are welcome as long as you don't flame. If you do, you don't get credit and won't post it.

PM me these, please. :p

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like how you use the word glitch as if it were a fact. Jump canceling especially, at worst, these things are simply exploits, but even that is a stretch.

You even have pivoting incorrect, seeing as it makes sense that you character stands at the end of the dash, which is all pivoting is, btw.

If you want to see the origin of these technique's discoveries you need to do actual research, here a link to the actual thread where the word "Pivot" first replaces its other name, the "DA Dash": pivot/da Dash

To me, thats what its origin.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I've actually seen that Mewtwo pull down. It was in a Forward vs Taj friendly and Taj did confusion off teh stage and dragged Forward through the stage. When confusion stopped Forward appeared at the side of the stage next to Taj lol, I freaked out.

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
I like how you use the word glitch as if it were a fact. Jump canceling especially, at worst, these things are simply exploits, but even that is a stretch.

You even have pivoting incorrect, seeing as it makes sense that you character stands at the end of the dash, which is all pivoting is, btw.

If you want to see the origin of these technique's discoveries you need to do actual research, here a link to the actual thread where the word "Pivot" first replaces its other name, the "DA Dash": pivot/da Dash

To me, thats what its origin.
Do you think they intended that frame in a Dash Dance, or the Dash Dance all together!? According to GameFAQs, the meaning of "glitch" is "An in-game trick that exploits the game code to do something the developers never intended. Usually involves things like item duplcation or playing supposedly unplayable characters." (Yes, they did mis-spell "duplicate") A character must skid, wave dash, or crouch to stop running. I'd call the ability to Up-Smash out of running instantaneously a glitch. I'd call a sudden change in direction at the beginning of a dash a glitch. I'd call the resulting standing frame of that directional change a glitch. I didn't call them all glitches, though. Look at the description for that first one (which is constantly expanding) and Wall Jumping. Those ones are easter eggs. If you want that meaning, here you go. "(A) Non-canonical (i.e. nothing to do with the game storyline) hidden bonuses placed in the game by developers. Usually requires a very complicated or unusual in-game task to find."

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
First: We don't know what the developers intended. Under your logic, when Ganon or Falon regain their jump after performing the down B attack, that is a glitch, because it isn't listed in the manual and we don't know if the developers intended it.

Second: Your definition of glitch goes more along the lines of slang than an actual definition. Glitch is usually synonymous with the word bug, meaning largely that there is an error in the actual code of the game. This is not the case for wavedashing, pivoting, you name it, instead, these actions not only have a predictable outcome but have this outcome every single time without the game freezing. Of course, that isn't nessasarily the definition of glitch either, but I think your beginning to see my point.

Third: You listing properties of the game and using there properties to your advantage as a glitch. Pivoting is not a glitch, it simply is a term we gave to an abuse of a property of dash dancing, that is, that there is one frame of standing animation before you change direction. This was programmed into the game, not only that, but it makes logical sense that they would put this frame in there. Not only this, but all you need to do is flick the control stick one direction then watch as your character magically goes back into the standing position after the dash is complete. Holy smokes, what a glitch! Pivoting is merely taking the property of that one frame of standing and inserting an attack during that one frame. Similary with wavedashing, the programmers HAD to put something into the game for when you airdodge to close to the ground. The fact that EACH character has a wavedash and that these wavedashes are differant lengths indicates not only that it was intentionally programmed but there is an algorithm for it. This aside, can you imagine what would happen if the programmers decided not to put that "slide" animation in. You get an equally abusable tactic if they simply decided that you completely stop any momentum. You may contend that this could be true, but they certainly didn't intend people to skip the jump animation completely. Again, this is merely taking the property of one move/technique and combining it with another move/technique. I'd be willing to bet that the programmers KNEW that you could air dodge on the way up from your jump, just as they KNEW you could attack on the way up from a jump. Wavedashing is simply exploiting these properties, thats it. It's not a glitch anymore than shuffling is.

Also under your logic: Tech walljumping and wall teching are glitches because they aren't easter eggs, they aren't in the manual, and we don't know what the developers intention was.

I'll give you another reason why the developers probably know that wavedashing exists. Here is why: It is still in version 1.2 and the PAL version of the game. What? Who cares? They managed to remove misc. tricks like flame canceling with Bowser and link/young links super jumps but didn't remove wavedashing? My god! I think its a safe bet that they know it exists if they found out about those even more abscure techniques.

A Gltich would be FALLING THROUGH THE STAGE like occasionally happens on Pokefloats or Brinstar.

Rakuen

Smash Apprentice
A Gltich would be FALLING THROUGH THE STAGE like occasionally happens on Pokefloats or Brinstar.
Wavedashing probably exists because aerial dodges were allowing characters to fall through platforms/stages during testing. Given that the only way to fix that without an engine rewrite would be to add a solid collision detection, well, wavedashing was born. Therefore, it would never be removed from future versions.

Not that wavedashing is a bad thing, just that it's a probable cause for what we call wave-dashing today.

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
First: We don't know what the developers intended. Under your logic, when Ganon or Falon regain their jump after performing the down B attack, that is a glitch, because it isn't listed in the manual and we don't know if the developers intended it.

Second: Your definition of glitch goes more along the lines of slang than an actual definition. Glitch is usually synonymous with the word bug, meaning largely that there is an error in the actual code of the game. This is not the case for wavedashing, pivoting, you name it, instead, these actions not only have a predictable outcome but have this outcome every single time without the game freezing. Of course, that isn't nessasarily the definition of glitch either, but I think your beginning to see my point.

Third: You listing properties of the game and using there properties to your advantage as a glitch. Pivoting is not a glitch, it simply is a term we gave to an abuse of a property of dash dancing, that is, that there is one frame of standing animation before you change direction. This was programmed into the game, not only that, but it makes logical sense that they would put this frame in there. Not only this, but all you need to do is flick the control stick one direction then watch as your character magically goes back into the standing position after the dash is complete. Holy smokes, what a glitch! Pivoting is merely taking the property of that one frame of standing and inserting an attack during that one frame. Similary with wavedashing, the programmers HAD to put something into the game for when you airdodge to close to the ground. The fact that EACH character has a wavedash and that these wavedashes are differant lengths indicates not only that it was intentionally programmed but there is an algorithm for it. This aside, can you imagine what would happen if the programmers decided not to put that "slide" animation in. You get an equally abusable tactic if they simply decided that you completely stop any momentum. You may contend that this could be true, but they certainly didn't intend people to skip the jump animation completely. Again, this is merely taking the property of one move/technique and combining it with another move/technique. I'd be willing to bet that the programmers KNEW that you could air dodge on the way up from your jump, just as they KNEW you could attack on the way up from a jump. Wavedashing is simply exploiting these properties, thats it. It's not a glitch anymore than shuffling is.

Also under your logic: Tech walljumping and wall teching are glitches because they aren't easter eggs, they aren't in the manual, and we don't know what the developers intention was.

I'll give you another reason why the developers probably know that wavedashing exists. Here is why: It is still in version 1.2 and the PAL version of the game. What? Who cares? They managed to remove misc. tricks like flame canceling with Bowser and link/young links super jumps but didn't remove wavedashing? My god! I think its a safe bet that they know it exists if they found out about those even more abscure techniques.

You have some good points, and some that I have solutions to. My logic isn't that if it isn't in the manual, it's a glitch. I have seen a CPU wall tech, wall jump, and bunch of other crap. If they know how to do it, the developers intended it. I bet they just haven't/didn't figured out how to program a CPU wavedash without adding a whole other method. I have to admit, you did prove me wrong on Dash Dancing, and I still have some respect, but unless you take me down in every aspect, I wouldn't consider you to have won. You say I used the word glitch as if it were true, when in reality, I used the word only once or twice, three times at most. I'd say wavedashing is burned into the physics engine. If you dash, then stop, you slide. The same thing happenes in real life, or they would if you "humans" didn't wear shoes.

I took the definition of "glitch" from a largely respected gaming community full of some of the worlds best gamers! I think a professional gamer would know the meaning better than a pro smasher. Tell me, are you respected anywhere else but here?

The lengths of wavedashes are represented by stopping distances! Luigi takes a while to stop, while some characters stop on a dime! And it's coincidental that that list is EXACTLY the same as the wave dash lengths list?

Trust me, I ain't too smart on these kinds of subjects shared only by geeks and nerds, but I ain't that stupid either.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea most of alpha zealots posts pwn life pretty much

i am interested to see where this thread might go however
*subscribes*

Banks

Smash Hero
Its going in the direction of someone trying to give the history of certain tactics in the game, with a high probability of him making mistakes V_V

tshahi10

Smash Ace
some glitches were intended as nintendo seems to give little stuff to seperate us from the casual gamers(noobs)

also, what my cpus have done that dont make sense
cpu fox/falco and some others almost always short hop
i have noticed link l-cancelling dair(pretty easy to notice)
cpu fox likes to short hop nair chase me when i'm a slow char/low tier
randomly, my falco cpus do short hop laser(with or without fast fall)
pikachu headbutts are turboed(although it is theoretically posible to do 15 a sec)
they wavedash, not on purpose, usally as a dodge
they double stick di to a tech of the ground
some even chainthrow and tech chase(although the tech chase is if you hold r/l/z)
the ice climber cpu can do the infinite, until they get bored and fsmash me to death
i think ganondorf l cancels cause it looks sped up when it chains nairs(shorthopped)
twice in the SAME battle: my opponent cpu white marth short hopped double fair, short hop fair-uairl-cancelled, into a full jumpfair to dair. KEN comboed.Twice(i was bowser though and i suck with him....really bad)
my comp fox can always shinespike my fox, unless i had double jumped onto the stage. he will even jump out to shine my up b and shine jump back to stagewith an edgehog, for looks

most things happen with fox falco marth in that order
this happened to my friend too

i know i should not face cpus, but i do, just for light fun

Fastinyoh

Smash Apprentice
If it isn't in the manual it's a glitch? Most game manuals are a joke -- don't expect a fighting game to document every single tactic that can be used. Your explanation of how wavedashing works in terms of the game engine makes no sense. It's simply a work-around that had to be put in to account for dashing in the air when close to the ground. If wavedashing wasn't in we'd either be sticking to the floor or going through it.

JoyfulDoom

Smash Apprentice
I agree, Wavedashing had to be left in, because the nature of airdodging would have had to change altogether. And the slide animation is most likely due to the momentum of the character when in some sort of "toss" effect. Heavy characters wavedash small distances while more floaty ones go quite longer distances (except lightest ones).

It's true, CPUs are really good when they want to be. Though, the hardest technique I've seen them use alot is powershielding and meteor cancelling. But I think the AI is programmed to track your inputs in the controller most specifically so they know what you are doing and use moves instantaneously to beat you out.

And lol at sex kick characters nair chasing. They really do, do that all the freaking time >_>/

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
I agree, Wavedashing had to be left in, because the nature of airdodging would have had to change altogether. And the slide animation is most likely due to the momentum of the character when in some sort of "toss" effect. Heavy characters wavedash small distances while more floaty ones go quite longer distances (except lightest ones).

It's true, CPUs are really good when they want to be. Though, the hardest technique I've seen them use alot is powershielding and meteor cancelling. But I think the AI is programmed to track your inputs in the controller most specifically so they know what you are doing and use moves instantaneously to beat you out.

And lol at sex kick characters nair chasing. They really do, do that all the freaking time >_>/
I don't think the game developers would make the CPU know exactly what to do when we make a move. Then they'd be, literally, IMPOSSIBLE to beat. You need some more practice.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
SSB, they know when you're going to do a move. Play them for over a year and you WILL notice [it'd only take like 1 hour to notice, but if you play them for a year you will NEVER forget].

Did you ever Fox/Falco illusion into another Fox/Falco and get shined?
Did you ever shoot at them and have them powershield or shine almost instantly?
Did you ever do any recovery and have them knock you directly out of it?

They react to controller inputs, which is why they grab most of the time you counter with Marth or Roy.

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure you can only jump-cancel upsmashes and up-Bs

This is for obvious reasons. Without jump-cancelling, you would have to press up and a/b at the exact same time. Giving you the frames before you are in the air makes it easier. (Though annoying with the slower characters. I've actually jump-cancelled an upsmash with bowser by pressing y then up on the c-stick)

At least that's my understanding of it.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I took the definition of "glitch" from a largely respected gaming community full of some of the worlds best gamers!
gamefaqs????? HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! the thing is, the people on this site are all about smash bros, and only smash bros. gamefaqs does stuff on every game. they couldnt possibly get more accurate information about a game that they have worked with probably less than 10% of the time that people on smashboards have. their definition of what is a glitch is very generic, as well, to cover every game. the smash community has a definition that applies for smash bros. if the definiton is something that the developers didnt intend, then theres no way we could ever say anything is a glitch, because theres no way we could know wether or not the developers intended something.

however, it would be interesting to see if this actually gets completed, at least a list of the origins of each technique, and when it was discovered and such. it would be cool to see a timeline of when things are discovered next to what the tier lists of each time period were, to see how different techniques changed the metagame.

Anther

Smash Champion
Did you ever Fox/Falco illusion into another Fox/Falco and get shined?
Did you ever shoot at them and have them powershield or shine almost instantly?
Did you ever do any recovery and have them knock you directly out of it?

They react to controller inputs, which is why they grab most of the time you counter with Marth or Roy.
That's a little silly... they don't need to react to controller inputs simply because there's start-up time for all those attacks.
They're actually much more likely to use a position displacement equation, that's why they knock you out of samus super wavedashes and such, even if you're not pressing anything.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Incidentally, I've seen Foxes and Falcos get their Illusions/Phantasms get shinespiked plenty of times by Scotu, and he's human. It's not impossible, just a little harder to time than, say, hitting a standing target.

You don't need to react to controller inputs to powershield. The CPU probably just reacts to when a projectile is within powershield range.

They suck at edgeguarding.

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
Here I thought this had died. *gets to work on cleaning some stuff up*

And to Petre, some of the best hackers, speed runners and even SSB players go there because the mods there don't screw up every attempt to state your opinion, make friends, make yourself known, or make jokes about a game. The way I see it, this forum's mods and GameFAQ's vets are one in the same, except the vets don't have as much power. If this board wants the joke topics, etc. to end, they might as well kick my *** straight out of here. And if this place is so disgraceful as to do that, then I'd thank them. Back on topic, I think gimpyfish still goes there, or atleast he did before I ate him ;).

All I can say is I learned everything I know about this and many other games from them, and I owe that to them. I don't owe these guys anything, except that guy over there =>. I owe him a beer.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
IRL, dodging into the ground would make you fall down. Maybe that's how we crouch in the new smash?

Miharu

Smash Hero
Here I thought this had died. *gets to work on cleaning some stuff up*

And to Petre, some of the best hackers, speed runners and even SSB players go there because the mods there don't screw up every attempt to state your opinion, make friends, make yourself known, or make jokes about a game. The way I see it, this forum's mods and GameFAQ's vets are one in the same, except the vets don't have as much power. If this board wants the joke topics, etc. to end, they might as well kick my *** straight out of here. And if this place is so disgraceful as to do that, then I'd thank them. Back on topic, I think gimpyfish still goes there, or atleast he did before I ate him ;).

All I can say is I learned everything I know about this and many other games from them, and I owe that to them. I don't owe these guys anything, except that guy over there =>. I owe him a beer.
Yeah, and the mods there mod gimpy for making joke topics, and come close to banning them. I'm a GameFAQ's vet myself, and I have to say, GameFAQs is garbage for talking about competitive play. Most of us just make random joke topics and come up with some more inside jokes. You obviously don't understand that GameFAQs is looked down upon simply due to the enormous amount of garbage that resides there. It really can't be fixed.

Sure, I started learning advanced techniques at GameFAQs as well (oh noes i'm stupid), but I quickly moved to SWF for the more intelligent discussion. It's just that the proportion of idiots is higher at GameFAQs than at SWF. Just skim the topics at the SSBM board, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

And I'd say that the mods over THERE are the ones with sticks up their rear ends. It's just that they don't have specific mods devoted to specific message boards, so more stuff is able to slip past the mods. However, here at SWF, we have dedicated, intelligent mods that know wtf they're talking about, and can use their own judgement to decide what to lock and so one, whereas GameFAQs mods really have to rely on idiots to mark topics that may be of good merit. And those good topics will get closed.

It's also funny how you're trying to "beat" Alpha at an argument. Do you honestly think that it's that important? I thought it was about collaborating to make a list that's useful for SWF users, not make it into some idiot yelling contest over the internet.

EDIT:
You have some good points, and some that I have solutions to. My logic isn't that if it isn't in the manual, it's a glitch. I have seen a CPU wall tech, wall jump, and bunch of other crap. If they know how to do it, the developers intended it. I bet they just haven't/didn't figured out how to program a CPU wavedash without adding a whole other method. I have to admit, you did prove me wrong on Dash Dancing, and I still have some respect, but unless you take me down in every aspect, I wouldn't consider you to have won. You say I used the word glitch as if it were true, when in reality, I used the word only once or twice, three times at most. I'd say wavedashing is burned into the physics engine. If you dash, then stop, you slide. The same thing happenes in real life, or they would if you "humans" didn't wear shoes.
They don't have to. They can program a CPU to airdodge to avoid an attack, and it might just be that the CPU will airdodge diagonally into the ground. And it'll wavedash. What does saying the word "glitch" as if it were true have to do with how many times you say it. It's either true, or it's not.

I took the definition of "glitch" from a largely respected gaming community full of some of the worlds best gamers! I think a professional gamer would know the meaning better than a pro smasher. Tell me, are you respected anywhere else but here?
That made me ****ing laugh so hard. First, GameFAQs is FAR from being a largely respected gaming community full of the world's best gamers. And guess what, a pro smasher IS a professional gamer. And since a professional smasher is more specialized, and plays SSBM, of course he'd know more about wavedashing in SSBM than say, a MvC2 pro. Get your ****ing facts straight.

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, and the mods there mod gimpy for making joke topics, and come close to banning them. I'm a GameFAQ's vet myself, and I have to say, GameFAQs is garbage for talking about competitive play. Most of us just make random joke topics and come up with some more inside jokes. You obviously don't understand that GameFAQs is looked down upon simply due to the enormous amount of garbage that resides there. It really can't be fixed.

Sure, I started learning advanced techniques at GameFAQs as well (oh noes i'm stupid), but I quickly moved to SWF for the more intelligent discussion. It's just that the proportion of idiots is higher at GameFAQs than at SWF. Just skim the topics at the SSBM board, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

And I'd say that the mods over THERE are the ones with sticks up their rear ends. It's just that they don't have specific mods devoted to specific message boards, so more stuff is able to slip past the mods. However, here at SWF, we have dedicated, intelligent mods that know wtf they're talking about, and can use their own judgement to decide what to lock and so one, whereas GameFAQs mods really have to rely on idiots to mark topics that may be of good merit. And those good topics will get closed.

It's also funny how you're trying to "beat" Alpha at an argument. Do you honestly think that it's that important? I thought it was about collaborating to make a list that's useful for SWF users, not make it into some idiot yelling contest over the internet.

EDIT:

They don't have to. They can program a CPU to airdodge to avoid an attack, and it might just be that the CPU will airdodge diagonally into the ground. And it'll wavedash. What does saying the word "glitch" as if it were true have to do with how many times you say it. It's either true, or it's not.

That made me ****ing laugh so hard. First, GameFAQs is FAR from being a largely respected gaming community full of the world's best gamers. And guess what, a pro smasher IS a professional gamer. And since a professional smasher is more specialized, and plays SSBM, of course he'd know more about wavedashing in SSBM than say, a MvC2 pro. Get your ****ing facts straight.
Okay... When you say "intelligent"...

Here I thought it would be fun here. Turns out I signed up for school. Looks like not all message boards have village idiots. As it turns out, they all need the occasional moron or three. Well, bye, I guess.

But before I go, I'd like to say a lot of the quotes you made are old news! See ya, losers!

Miharu

Smash Hero
Okay... When you say "intelligent"...

Here I thought it would be fun here. Turns out I signed up for school. Looks like not all message boards have village idiots. As it turns out, they all need the occasional moron or three. Well, bye, I guess.

But before I go, I'd like to say a lot of the quotes you made are old news! See ya, losers!
Old news that you had no knowledge of.

Seems like one of our morons is leaving. Good riddance.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Gamefaqs is pretty stupid. "What's a ken? What's a chudat??"

I mean up to this day people there still don't know Mewtwo's in the game? C'mon, the community for smash there is ********, going there is like babysitting a bunch of 5 year olds in a room full of cookie and sugar dispensers.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
That's pretty sad that he just left like that. He made a post about what he thought to be glitches and people could have just told him he was incorrect, but instead they shot him down and flamed him. C'mon, he just made a thread like anyone else...and now he left. What's the point in that guys?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
He comes from gamefaqs, it's to be expected. It's a shame gamefaqs members call themselves gamers. This thread should probably be left to die or locked.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
it was training. if youre a smasher, you cant quit after a few letdowns and losses. because thats all youre going to get at first.
QUOTE]

I agree with that, but still...it kinda sux that he was just trying to bring up his opinion and it ended up with him being flamed.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
He didn't get flamed, he was disagreed with and he couldn't back himself up so he left.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well you stayed long enough to grow away from the kinda stuff gamefaqs members like to post. I have an account on gamefaqs, but I never posted and I forgot the password. The boards there looked like hell so I didn't even think about going back. I only use the site for cheats and faqs anyway.

Top Bottom