• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite system

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Link to original post: [drupal=5227]What's your favorite system[/drupal]

Hello man well am bored so i said ill just make a blog about video game systems
ps3
wii
xbox 360

i just dont get it why people like xbox 360 better than ps3
please change my mind before i buy a xbox 360

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Because it has Xbox exclusives that they like?

Also for a long time, PS3's supbar GPU kept its graphical oomph behind that of Xbox's, and its nightmare devkits made ports look kinda crappy.

If you are a weeaboo, buy a PS3.

If you want The Last of Us, buy a PS3.

Dunno what other reasons would there be to get a PS3? PSN is free. That and the SotC HD rerelease.

Those are the only reasons to buy a PS3, because its analog sticks suck.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Wii and ps3.

Wii because my favorite nintendo games are on the wii. And ps3 because mortal Kombat, castle crashers, and the controller is better to play fighting games with.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Wii and PC, PC may be costy but Steam and it's deep discounts make up for it, buying Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition for 2.50$ and Crysis 1 for 8$ with the expansion too. Also the online is far more reliable and free and there is far more graphical oomph than consoles. And keyboard+mouse controls any game far better than a controller, except for racing games and fighting games, even if it takes getting used to (I have all systems so yeah, I speak out of experience)

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
i already have a ps3 but my friends play xbox 360 on mw3 and i want to play with them.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I don't have an Xbox 360 or ps3, but I would probably get a ps3 because of the blue ray, and Final Fantasy.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
i already have a ps3 but my friends play xbox 360 on mw3 and i want to play with them.
Honestly I think MW3 is the worst CoD game ever released but if you really want to play it you could buy a cheaper 360 with a smaller hardrive. MW3 is also on the PS3, though.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
The only console I play anymore is the Wii.
Overall will always be N64, though.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm really not crazy about either of my consoles of this generation (the 360 and the Wii), but I'd probably pick the Wii over the two. Multi-platform titles suck on the Wii (or just don't exist on it period), and there's more than enough shovelware, but the exclusives it has are generally good and are often in the specific franchises that I generally look for (Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, etc.).

I honestly wish I'd gotten a PS3 over a 360 though. PS3 has a lot more diversity in titles (360 is very FPS-centric and I don't like FPS), at least in titles that I like, and most of the titles I like on 360 are either multi-platform or have since become multi-platform. And PSN is free. XBL may be better and all, but I'm not an online person anyway. So there's no way in hell I'm spending $60 a year on online that I'm not going to use.

If you play shooters online with friends a lot, then I take it 360 is your console. But personally, I think I'd have been better off with a PS3. (I've started to use my PC for at least 70% of my gaming nowadays anyway, though.)

GameCube forever though, seriously.

MW3 is also on the PS3, though.
He said he wants to play it with his friends who have it on 360, though, so that doesn't really help.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
As a retro gamer, the NES is where it's at.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Currently, Wii and PS3.

Wii for Smash, Zelda, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Mario and all it's spin-offs, Wii Sports, Xenoblade, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Harvest Moon, Miis, and backwards comparability with GC games. This will most likely be replaced by the Wii U though.

PS3 because of Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, Fall Out, Soul Caliber, Uncharted, Bioshock, Playstation Home, the user interface, the Blueray player, and no region locking for games which was a HUGE plus since I'm in Japan. A lot of games (save for Dante's Inferno) are both in Japanese and English....ohh and Last of Us and Sony All Stars Battle Royale thungy. Probably buy that for ****s and giggles.

:phone:

I am not sure if anyone ever buys a system except for the games it has on it. I only ever stuck with Nintendo for the longest time because of the lack of spending money for anything except for one company. Nintendo kept their stuff cheap and made decent re-playable games one could come back too. The 3rd party support is terrible. But, I am not sure about sony/microsoft and their game development.

Now that money is less of an issue, I am really preferring the PS2 for titles. I think it had a lot of great games on it for my interests. I have not upgraded to the next generation at all yet mostly due to the costs (I'd prefer unused simply to have it last longer). I see no reason to get a PS3, but I have not really paid attention at all to what games it has to offer. I do know the 360 has a few exclusives I'd like to play such as Halo, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean, and maybe a few others.

So, PS2 for favorite system despite me not having that many games for it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am not sure if anyone ever buys a system except for the games it has on it. I only ever stuck with Nintendo for the longest time because of the lack of spending money for anything except for one company. Nintendo kept their stuff cheap and made decent re-playable games one could come back too. The 3rd party support is terrible. But, I am not sure about sony/microsoft and their game development.

Now that money is less of an issue, I am really preferring the PS2 for titles. I think it had a lot of great games on it for my interests. I have not upgraded to the next generation at all yet mostly due to the costs (I'd prefer unused simply to have it last longer). I see no reason to get a PS3, but I have not really paid attention at all to what games it has to offer. I do know the 360 has a few exclusives I'd like to play such as Halo, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean, and maybe a few others.

So, PS2 for favorite system despite me not having that many games for it.
I do love the PS3 interface and that is one reason why I bought it. Plus as a DVD player. I did little research on the games. In fact, my first games I bought for it was a Naruto fighting game. It feels so clean and streamy to me. I am easily won over by beautiful visuals. However, it is pretty easy to navigate. However, since last year, I have been infuriated at the Playstation Network because, for some odd reason, they switched it so I am unable to add money into my wallet from my American credit card while on a foreign internet connection. It just doesn't let me. Further research showed me at some point last winter, they stopped allowing that.

So now I have to have my parents buy me one with my credit card and then email the scratch off code. It works but it's annoying as hell. I could buy them from Playasia or Amazon but they cost like $12 extra. However, despite this, I still have bought more **** on the PSN then I did on my Wii. Even though I have had my Wii since it first came out while I bought my Playstation 3 back in 2010.

As of right now, I am have been playing my PS3 a lot more.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
ITT: we justify why we spent our money the way we did.

But for the record, PS3 (because I like its exclusives/online better) and NDS (because it's the shizz).

-J-

Smash Rookie
If I had to choose one, it'd be the Super Nintendo. Hands. Down.

You've all heard the legends of its greatness. Yeah, they're all true. As an RPG enthusiast especially, that thing is an absolute goldmine. My very favorite RPG/Strategy titles on the system are Final Fantasy IV, VI, Illusion of Gaia, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG... and so much more! ActRaiser included. :p I love that things to bits to this day.

Not to mention Tetris Attack. Ooooh, dat Tetris Attack.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And yet you don't mention A Link to the Past?

ALttP > OoT/TP hands down

I chose those two specifically because they are ALttP clones.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
of this generation I'm going with PS3. Though I have no experience w/the xbag I have always loved sony's systems and game portfolio. Though the gamecube had definitely reeled me in back to nintendo fandom, the Wii just ... doesn't cut the mustard. I like a lot of the games, and I actually do like the gimmicky controller, but the system itself is way subpar... there's no excuse to have to go and replace the damn thing 3 times until finally just breaking down and soft modding the *****.

For the next gen I really hope the WiiU is at least built properly.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And yet you don't mention A Link to the Past?

ALttP > OoT/TP hands down

I chose those two specifically because they are ALttP clones.

Seriously, ALttP was my first Zelda game and it remains my favorite to this day.

I mean, I have a few Zelda games that I've failed to play through to completion...and I have a feeling that Majora's Mask, which is one of those, is one I'll really enjoy, but it's at least a notable Zelda game for sure.

Also, just saying, Super Metroid...one of my favorite games of all time.

Gameboy advanced

Its what i played with most, portability is da bess
You like it so much you can't even spell the name right? >_>

It's Advance...not Advanced.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I was a child when i played it. I can't really say I enjoyed playing games as much as I did then. I probably just said it wrong then and is just stuck with me

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Someone said PS3 cuz of Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Bioshock, and literally all those titles are available on the 360. Except maybe FF? 13 was on the 360, have they made more of those games? Final Fantasy became terrible after FFX anyway so meh. If you wanna play online games with your friends, and they all have 360, obviously that's the system you should own. Any excuses you guys come up with for PS3 being better are just you trying to justify buying the wrong system. What's the point of having free online if you don't know anyone to play with? I only like playing CoD when it's with my friends. Playing alone with nothing but randoms is... sad.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, if we're talking about current gen consoles, I'm going to have to say the PS3. The 360 is a great console, don't get me wrong, and it also brought some things into play that became a staple, like Achievements, which the PS3 later implemented in the form of Trophies, and its online play with XBOX Live. While some will say the Dreamcast introduced online console gaming, it was Microsoft that got it right with gamer accounts, marketplace, etc..

So why do I like the PS3 more? Simply because of its familiarity with the PS2 and PS1 as far as controller feel go. Its exclusives are great, whether it's God of War, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, LittleBigPlanet, etc., it has its share of great exclusives. The PSN's online gaming is free, which is a plus, though it isn't as good as the XBOX's, so it does come with a sacrifice. While not the most important aspect of a game, the PS3's graphical power is a beast, but only shows this with exclusives made for the PS3 only, while multi-platforms, depending on the games, perform better on the XBOX (Bayonetta and Skyrim are perfect examples). Overall, it boils down to personal preference, and I happen to prefer the PS3 over the 360. Does that mean the PS3 is better? Absolutely not, as "better" or "worse" are completely subjective in this case.

As for my favorite system spanning all generations, it's a very tough call, but I have to say it's the Super Nintendo, with the Playstation coming in at a very close (and I mean VERY close) second. They both had a legendary library of games spanning nearly every genre, so there really was something for everyone. The SNES had games like Chrono Trigger, Mario Kart, Super Metroid, and Megaman X (just to name very few), while the Playstation gave way to Final Fantasy VII and onward, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal, and Resident Evil, among so many other games. Along with the impact they had on the industry, whether it was the SNES's Mode 7 graphics and 8 channels of sounds, or the Playstation's disc-based games and capability for some amazing CG FMVs, they also have games that I can pop in and play all over again and never get bored. Those two systems really can stand the test of time, and they have certainly aged rather well.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Gamecube: My first system, played only two games on it, Luigis Mansion( Thats why I love Luigi so much and why I main him) and The Simpsons: Hit and Run(Which I loved playing). I was scared of Luigis Mansion and never completed it. I was four at the time XD.

PC: Has lots of games right there. They update faster than consoles and dont have to wait five - seven years waiting for an HD boost. The only games I have is Minecraft and Happy Wheels but I tend to get more like Skyrim or WoW.

Wii: Right after never playing my Xbox I got this. I was about to get bored with it just like the Xbox but I saw Luigi (XD) in a game (NSMBW). He was the only reason why I sticked to Nintendo, and as I spread I found more games like Pokèmon and LoZ. But if it werent for Luigis Mansion, I mightve been a PS3 fanboy(I had a PS2 and loved it)

PS2 and PSP: I loved their exclusives like Jake and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank. I also loved playing Spider Man 3 and Thrillville. My favorite game (overall) is Midnight Club 3. I unlocked all the cars and litteraly fully upgraded my Eclipse.

3DS: I love their exclusives and the 3D technology. Period

Overall, I love 6 consoles, PS2,Wii,Gamecube, PSP, 3DS, and PC

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The N64 era, to me, was Nintendo's golden age. Great games like star fox 64, LoZ OOT, Pokemon Stadium, and so many more were born in this age of the Nintendo consoles.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wouldn't call the N64 the "Golden Age" for Nintendo. Granted, it introduced some staples for today's industry, including a joystick for modern games, and a rumble feature to controllers via the Rumble Pak, I have to give the "Golden Age" status to the SNES, simply because of the huge number of third party support, and there really was something for every kind of player. It also birthed games that people still fondly play, like Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG (to name a couple). The N64 was still a fantastic system, but didn't have nearly as strong a support from third party as its predecessor. The few (compared to the SNES) good games it did have were indeed legendary in status, whether it's Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Ocarina of Time, and of course Super Smash Bros., I still have to give the SNES the point here simply for making a stronger impact on gaming, if only by a little bit more than the N64.

Top Bottom