• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the thing that irks you the most, besides lag

Flayl

Smash Hero
I hate it how Brawl buffers a recovery roll when I'm holding a direction when I get knocked down. Without exaggeration that accounts for about 25% of my deaths. It makes battlefield such a pain in the *** to play on.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
How everyone swarms in one massive spam fest.
How the only thing most Falco's can do is use Lasers and Phantasm
How Captain Falcon spams Falcon Kick and Falcon Punch
How many Ike noobs there are online
The stupid Kirby's who just fly up and use their Down-B
How most people play with Smash Balls set to very high
How you can't grab sandbags in the wait room

Yea, a lot of things annoy me about online.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
A douche-like Fox player that runs around Hyrule Temple after a KO. What a sore jerk. :mad:

D

Deleted member

Taunt parties with 3 kirbies that go aggro with Down B when i break up their party.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
People who kill away-from-controller people for free scores.

And the non-grabbable Sandbag (this also means you cannot do Side-B with Ganondorf or ANY other move that includes some sort of a grab, including Captain Falcon's Up-B and the like)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
How when you enter a taunt thats too long for one line, it makes it splits the word and makes it go to the next line.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Mean people who want to kill my character when I'm being peaceful. The fact that there's no 1 vs 1 stock matches without items and banned stages avalible on Wi-Fi matches with anyone. Also, computer opponents were pretty dumb to put in.

Regam

Smash Rookie
Lag.
Oh, besides lag?
STILL LAG!

No 1v1 no items, long connecting times (SEE ALSO: lag), and you can't use grab attacks on sandbag.

Ange

Smash Lord
Well, the problem that Sandbag cannot be grabbed applies for all modes, not only the waiting room.

Online play annoys me cause of the fact that I have to use a WiFi USB Connector which you need to reconnect about a million times before it properly works. Thats mostly why I never play online.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Noobs.
Campers.
People beating up afk people.
Campers. Especially if they start camping after they get a kill to win.
Taunt spammers who taunt but beat you up even when you taunt spam.
10 minutes to find someone when the Wii is next to the router. (though I never have lag :p)
C-stickers. It's annoying to approach them.
I'm surprised no one said anything about taunt spammers. Btw, that's just annoying things I see regularly, there's much more.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
I hate it when I'm on basic brawl, and I'm trying to get a match with just one other person, and CPU opponents get added. I play online to brawl other people, not computers.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Also, I never get disconnected from noobs. I always get disconnected from taunt parties and people who don't suck. :(

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Scrubs who complain about how they are worse online because of nintendo wifi issues rather than their own skill level.

Phoenix812

Smash Cadet
Just a few things:

* Cowards [people who literally run away after every single hit or just plain run away]
* Sore losers [people who never stop complaining about how they lost or make excuses and what not]
* Gloating winners [people who instantly call you names the moment they get out of the room with a win]

I've never really experienced lag problems, so I can't exactly say I hate lag.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The fact that I can't even play WiFi here at the house...

Satellite fails. kthx.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
you cant laser lock the sand bag the fact that tons of people bought smash on x-mas amd they dont know hot to play

Safu

Smash Cadet
The fact that almost everyone picks final destination.
When theres only one person they add cpus
Its anonymous!
And many more just cant remember them.

Mdnite

Smash Rookie
When you join an anon party, but for some reason, they are all working together to kill you.

Noob Ike users

When you win with Marth, EVERYONE picks Ike or Link

When you win with Ness, EVERYONE picks cheap *** Lucas.

When you win with Luigi, EVERYONE picks Wario.

Oh and also noob Pikachu ussers who spam Thunderbolt.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
When you join an anon party, but for some reason, they are all working together to kill you.

Noob Ike users

When you win with Marth, EVERYONE picks Ike or Link

When you win with Ness, EVERYONE picks cheap *** Lucas.

When you win with Luigi, EVERYONE picks Wario.

Oh and also noob Pikachu ussers who spam Thunderbolt.
You have been a possible victim of a taunt party. Just taunt and they won't kill you. Or ignore them.
Also, I have replays of when I was a Ness main and everyone else was picking Lucas on FD and focusing on attcking me (probably because I taunt spammed for the lulz). Ever since that day, Lucas has been my most hated character in Smash online next to Zelda.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
A douche-like Fox player that runs around Hyrule Temple after a KO. What a sore jerk. :mad:
I hear you. That and Sonic.

I hate smash/thunder spammers that always somehow hit you because your inputs come in 2 seconds later

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I really hate how CPUs randomly join Basic Brawls. No one wants them in, why are they there?
Also had some times where I got a good person to play one-on-one, but look, computers are here to ruin the fun. They also make the match more laggy by just being there. What, do we absolutely HAVE to have a crazy 4player match?

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I hate that all With Anyone matches are two minutes long no matter what.

Scrubs who complain about how they are worse online because of nintendo wifi issues rather than their own skill level.
Button lag/random lag/lag in general makes most people worse online than they usually are off. It's not a scapegoat for just being bad. <___<;;

Chuee

Smash Hero
I hate it when people pick temple and just go somewhere and taunt. Once you run up to attack them they run away <.<
I also hate when people are AFK and when items are on.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Ike noobs are on my pet peaves now ow and whats AFK
Away from keyboard. It pretty much just means "not there" now, since it's used in almost every online game, whether or not it involves a computer/keyboard. <___<;;

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Not being able to get on or join With Friends games in the first place.

Seriously.

It's been happening a lot these past few days especially. It's not a single person lagging; it's the fact that nobody can do anything online except occasionally spectate or maybe a basic brawl without getting immediately disconnected. Server issues or not, it's not helping that there's probably a whole (new) stream of data trying to connect to everybody else because people just got Brawl for the holidays.

Mdnite

Smash Rookie
You have been a possible victim of a taunt party. Just taunt and they won't kill you. Or ignore them.
Also, I have replays of when I was a Ness main and everyone else was picking Lucas on FD and focusing on attcking me (probably because I taunt spammed for the lulz). Ever since that day, Lucas has been my most hated character in Smash online next to Zelda.
LOL!!! yea I hate it when you win...then everyone gangs you with some cheap character...but that ONLY happens when you win...never when someone else does. And lol...I always taunt when I'm Luigi...his taunts are soo funny, so I get ganged alot for that...(plus the fact that I'm semi-godly with Luigi as well)

Top Bottom