• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the easiest way to do noncontact mortar slide?

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I need help with those. >.> I would love to do it to run to the edge to edgeguard. D:

Magical Samurai

Smash Cadet
Personally, if you don't mind changing your controls - I've found it best to use R to attack, then hit the C-Stick up (and press R/A again to charge).
Again, if you're willing to change R to attack (or something else).

-Magical Samurai

DrK!D aka Doc K!D

Smash Cadet
when i do it i usally I keep ma thumb on the c-stick, ma index fringer on the A button, ma finger on the Z button, dat way when i run i hit the A button first, then like a milla sec after dat, i flick the c-stick up, and during the mortar animation all i do is hold the z button for when ever:smash:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Turn tap jump off and you can mortar slide with just the analog stick and the A button. That's how I do it. Find the method that suits you.

Sergetrigger

Smash Cadet
Turn tap jump off and you can mortar slide with just the analog stick and the A button. That's how I do it. Find the method that suits you.
This one works real well. I usually flick the C-stick to the right then quickly press and hold the A button. It takes some timing but it's a bit easier.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol took me like 5 tries with c stick down c stick up

but yeah if u wanna charge the mortar just hold z same time you push c stick up

Daterian

Smash Cadet
If you use a wiimote set attack to down on the D-Pad, set up-smash to up of the D-Pad, then as your run roll your finger over down then up on the D-Pad.

napZzz

Smash Hero
ugh. no wii motes. buy a gc controller asap (i hope your not using a wii mote)

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
If you use a wiimote set attack to down on the D-Pad, set up-smash to up of the D-Pad, then as your run roll your finger over down then up on the D-Pad.
I use to do that (assuming your using wiimote + nunchunk and not wiimote only). Except you never get your fingers back to A fast enough. So when I play with wiimote+nunchuck I have dpad down set to down smash and then I quickly press up+A.

Daterian

Smash Cadet
ugh. no wii motes. buy a gc controller asap (i hope your not using a wii mote)
I love the wii mote, i won't play with the gc controller anymore.

I use to do that (assuming your using wiimote + nunchunk and not wiimote only). Except you never get your fingers back to A fast enough. So when I play with wiimote+nunchuck I have dpad down set to down smash and then I quickly press up+A.
If you use the knuckle in your thumb to press down on A it can be done reliably. And yea i did mean wii mote + nunchuck, my bad XD.

Top Bottom