• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I always find it weird that people think that the C-Stick is cheap. I mean, I've never encountered any idiot as stupid as that, but multiple people have said it in this thread.

Although actually, here's a bit of trivia for you: C-Stick smashes and aerials are one frame- ONE FRAME, a Shine's start up "lag"- slower than using A and/or the Control Stick. :p

But that isn't noticable, really. Plus, it'd help the one you speak about, using D-Air without fast-falling or a risk of it, adumbrodeus. :p
Well, he has this novel reasoing, "most newbs use it, therefore it's for noobs", so I guess if wavedashing was done by noobs he'd be saying the same thing *rolls eyes*

Of course the fact that when used strategically it's more effective to be able to pick as the situation dictates.

The thing is, I can tell it's hurting his game, he loves his spikes with falco, but he's really restricted in where he can spike because of being forced to press the direction to execute the dair. And being required to move in the direction required to do any other air-move...

Patinator

Smash Champion
Difference BETWEEN opinion and complete elitist tourney*** load of bull****, ya mean. I don't like Mew2King anymore. He's just a stuck-up, snobby, stupid, weak-minded, incompetent, ridiculous shell of a being that greater creatures such as those who appreciate Brawl, Wavedashing or not, step and SPIT upon!

/intense tirade

I mean, if Ken- KEN! -will play Brawl competitively... -_-;+

Patinator

Smash Champion
Then tell him about how many games the Ice Climbers have, when it/they came out, and that Samus' most recent game, Metroid Prime 3, sold the most units in its month, despite being released on Aug. 27th in the U.S. :)

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
to be honesttttt....my friend george is clueless.

SERIOUSLY. he thinks captain falcons side b is the best move ever.

move over SideB. HERE COMES THE FALCON.......PAUNCH!!

smash64

Smash Champion
lol the dumbest thing i have ever heard someone say about Smash? is "Super smash bros is the same thing as Street fighet but Super smash bros is just in crack" im like O_o i was lmao

darklairmugen

Smash Rookie
lololololol

"ALL OF MARVEL, DC, AND DRAGONBALL Z IS GONNA BE IN BRAWL AND THATS WORD FROM NINTENDO."

ANOTHER IS

"IM NOT GETTING BRAWL ON THE WII BECAUSE IT WILL HAVE BETTER GRAPHICS ON PS3"

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
"c-stick is cheap because it is an instant smash" "Pros are noobs because they use the c-stick" "I could beat a pro if he did not use the c-stick"
almost every day I play i hear things like
"At least I am not a noob/***/*$(#/idiot/jerk/other-bad-expletive like Cllzzrd"

since they are all noobs, I choose fox, much to their dismay, go to final destination, run to the left side and start yelling "C-STICK!!! C-STIIIIIIICK!!!!!" and I use fox's fsmash to go accross the lvl and back. needless to say, it makes them angry."

im getting tired of this.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay, I know this kid on my street who's always comin to my house to play smash bros. lol, he has a history of comments and questions that are just BS. Starting with a few years ago, SSB64...

"Who's that fat guy in the red hat?!?!?"
"WTF thats no fair, the floor ate me!!1'"

Based off those two, here's what he's said for melee:

"Who's the weird chick in the helmet!" (referring to falcon. o_o)
"Where's master cheif on here??"
me: This is a game for NINTENDO characters.
"I know dat, but wheres master cheif!!!"

And brawl is just plain sad. I'm sorry but it is.

"Thats no fair, there's two of them! (referring to fox, the picture of his forward B.)
"OMG Pichu is gonna be god tier!!" (This was after we found the confirmed full roster for brawl. I broke his nose for it. -_-)

smashbros_fox

Smash Rookie
I told one of my friends I'm sick of waiting for Smash Bros Brawl to come out and he told me hes never heard of any super smash bros games then I explained to him what they were and he still had no clue..I just thought everyone had at least heard of them..

Patinator

Smash Champion
I told one of my friends I'm sick of waiting for Smash Bros Brawl to come out and he told me hes never heard of any super smash bros games then I explained to him what they were and he still had no clue..I just thought everyone had at least heard of them..

Legend has it that there is a race of underground pirate octopi that plan to take over the world by holding every video game company hostage. They act like they don't know what a game is, borrow it, then BAM! HOSTAGE SITUATION!

Sleep with an eye open, fellow gamer. May Sakurai be with you.

:laugh:

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this thread has been around forever.

I bet its a headquarters for Brawl haters!!! That's just my two cents, but if it was a penny for my thoughts than someone swindled my money! I bet it's the Brawl haters.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
not the best players but taj is jesusly with the mew

listen to this

"so yesterday I found there is proof issac is in brawl as a playable charactar"

*goes to wikipedia*

"see right there"

Me " one this is photoshopped and two he is an assist trophy"

"what?"

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
everytime i beat my brother he always says

"Mike, your not good at all your just cheap, I know what your about to do everytime all you do is grab"

L1F3

Smash Cadet
One of my friends said that there are "pokes" in smash.

Everyone lol'd. There are no "pokes" in smash, there is "spacing."

Another friend said that DI up from Fox's Usmash at 300% WON'T kill you on normal settings if you time it right.

nintendude7cubed

Smash Rookie
Post a quote of a n00b saying something really stupid about SSBM. Here's mine.

"What did you say?Did you call me a n00b?I could destroy you!Who cares about those Baby Moves like Wave Dashing and junk!I could beat you with just simple attacks!"

:laugh:
lol i like yours, mine is actually a friend of mine imitating a kid that he heard say the following:
"yeah ice climbers are the best!"

Yeah their good but not the best... (I've had horrid experiences with ice climbers prior to this being said) I'd fight using ice climbers and nana would always lag behind and end up dying.. plus whenever i fight ice climbers as a different character, id try to kill the blue guy and the pink guy would stay behind and attack me whilst concentrating on killing the blue guy!

S623

Smash Apprentice
My friend: "What the hell is Smash?" He just walked into the basement as I was playing with my sister and we were talking about it.

Not really idiotic, but entertaining nonetheless.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
"Im the best with marth, Im one of the best offensive with the reflector."
a handful of I'm the best with "character." I know how to use "move" the best.

this comes from a geeky group who do not know anything from l-cancel to wavedash.
too bad I school them

"you gotta use glitches to win"

like what wavedash? majority of everything else SHOULD have already been integrated into the game.

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
"Wavedashing is the difference between winning and losing."
"Hey ! U CHEATED! LUIGI"S UP B IS NOT THAT POWERFUL!"
"No fair! U can use SKull Bash to get back on the stage!"
"WTF what did Marth just do?" "He countered. It's his down b. Roy has it too." "Nuh uh, that's just some useless pose thing!" (later when he tried it and i grabbed him instead of attacking) "CHEATER! IT DIDN'T WORK!"
"Please, just kill yourself once!" o_0
"Marth sucks, Link is way better! He's faster and has better combos!"
"No fiar! U get two characters at once when u use Ice Climbers!"
"Shiek is so not fair! U shoul just stay Zelda and not switch!" (since when i use her, i switch between Shiek and Zelda for more attacks)
"Bowser is WAY better than Marth." "How so?" "He's faster!" "... o rly?"
"Captain Falcon ROX!" (couln't resist)
"I can beat you with Jigglypuff's Down B!" (After he's hit with thunder) "NO FAIR YOU ONLY KILLED ME CAUSE YOU USED A CHEAP MOVE!"
"Fox has no combo."

LAWZ

Smash Cadet
I got a good one.....

"So what items are your favorite?"
" I don't use items"
"Oh, you're one of those people who suck all the fun out of the game and only play with skill..."

majora_787

Smash Hero
*OMG NO FAIR, HOW DO YOU GET BACK TO THE STAGE???*
*<_< press up and B.*
I kill him again...*sigh*
*OMG ITS NOT WORKING! CHEATER!!!*
*T_T ...are you ********?*

That was me teaching my cousin to play smash bros. melee. The reason it didn't work was because he was holding up on the C stick when he pressed B.

*OMG you haven't unlocked sonic yet? you noob.*

*Where's Naruto on this thing* <---tsk tsk tsk....that was just sad. lol.

*U wont have brawl in a month, it comes out march 9th!* uhh yeah, 2009. *NO, NOT MARCH 9th!!* okay, when then? *....*

*Roy's forward smash is so lame, worst bowser clone ever.* <_<U

*OMG No fair, all these boxes keep killing me! and where are all the items!!!* you said turn items on high, you never said make items appear. X3

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
oh Speaking of anime characters,,,,here's a Stupid thing someone said before Brawl was released!

"DBZ characters (mostly Goku) should be in brawl!"

NO! u already have three things that are similar to DBZ! we dont need characters that wont die and always get ressurected in an anime

Samus's Zero Laser = Kamehameha wave

Sonic Super Sonic transformtion = Super Saiyan

Meta Knight's rapid sword combo = Fast punches no one can see

And Now U want the characters?!?!? Sick ppl !!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom