• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
"Edge hogging is cheap." - said by me a couple of months ago. Now, I edge hog all the time. I wouldn't call myself a n00b entirely, but playing against human opponents was actually a new experience for me (I had spent the previous five years playing nothing but the computer because therre's nobody in my area that I can play)
"What the hell is wavedashing?" - said by me a couple months ago once again... Never heard of it before, but picked it up quite easily.

"How the hell can someone be that good with Mario!?" - said by a whole bunch of people sitting behind me one day at my college. I was dominating that day, and it was nerve-racking because it was only the second time in five years that I was playing human opponents.

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
John- my controller is to heavy so I can't move my character properly.
John- I only lost because my c-sticck wasn't working.
John- I only lost because I'm not using my controller.

that's a guy that makes up so many excuses that now his name means a lame excuse. If someone said "my cape doesn't work" we would say "no johns"

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
omg is marth still banned from tourneys he is like the best character in the game. i dont know why i try.

Holy Ji

Smash Apprentice
Recently another friend of mine came over, and after playing smash for a while I started getting bored so we played super sudden death. then whenever i died, my friend always stood right under where my character respawns (apparently he doesn't realize that you're invincibile for a few secs when you respawn). i would simply press A to do a nair, and he just says, "That's so cheap, you just land on me and I die?"

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
lool....thast horrible...but not as bad as

what arction replay code is that? (referring to bomb jumping horizontally with samus)

and also
i cant help but notice yur sig says (needs to work on a falco sig)
i make sigs...check out my shop under art work emporium

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Bro: "Why is Marth the slowest character in the game?"
Me: "You're an idiot, Marth is top tier"
Bro: "WTF does that mean?!"
Me: "It means Marth is one of the fastest"
Bro: "Well then how did you beat me with Ganon?!"
Me: "L-cancelling"
Bro: "el cancelling? I don't speak Spanish ******* XO"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Mojo : "All you do is spam peach's down+a! its so cheap! someone musta made a type in the manual when they invented that cheap move!"
Me : "Well maybe you should learn to avoid that move or predict it and what the hell are you talking about 'in the manual'?"
Mojo : "Isn't it listed inside the manual all the moves for every character?"
Me : "..."

Thief_Lord

Smash Rookie
"It is so gay that people name their own moves like wavedash"

"Wavedashing is pointless"

"you arn't that good, I am just never trying that hard when I play you"

"well duh you beat me, all you ever use is samus, at least I try to play with more than one character"

gietz

Smash Rookie
Somebody said to me that i was a coward for shield dodging and wave dashing awy from their attacks.

D

Deleted member

"i can beat ken with fox.just run around in final destination shooting lasers"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
"Links B+Up is cheap, it has good knockback and its a good edgeguarder and you keep on timing it right so i keep on falling for it" - John Curry (And yeah i always tell him "No johns, John.")

CHUK

Smash Ace
*Wave Dashing is pointless*
*O I messed up thats why you won* (3 stocked him) and complained on each of his deaths that he messed up atl ike 110%

rokimomi

Smash Lord
"Yea, I tried to do double shine but could only get three"

Which means he shined, jc, shine in air too late, and jc again with a shine way up in the air. He called it successful. I might as well just show him shined blind or some other nub arousing vid.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
My cousin thinks anything where he can't do anything is cheap.

"Stop hitting me in the air! I can't do anything!"

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Oh, I got a new one I just remembered.

"Peach and the Ice Climbers are the worst in the game..."

poopsmellslikecrap

Smash Cadet
i met a kid in one of my classes who asked me if i played smash. i told him I did and asked him if he knew what a wavedash was(just to see if asking to play him was worthwhile) and he looked at me funny and said "HA! you dont know what a wavedash is!?! all you do is press side and B as fox!" i laughed so hard after that

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
i met a kid in one of my classes who asked me if i played smash. i told him I did and asked him if he knew what a wavedash was(just to see if asking to play him was worthwhile) and he looked at me funny and said "HA! you dont know what a wavedash is!?! all you do is press side and B as fox!" i laughed so hard after that
GOD! that sounds EXACTLY like emy friend. He talks sooo much trash and he doesn't even own the game, never the less know that you can smash using the c stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom