• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the dumbest thing someone has ever said while comparing brawl to melee

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Man threads like these are getting very boring. We have atleast 10 threads that have you list stuff....
No, this is in retrospect of all the Melee vs. Brawl threads, since they are all going to end.

Captain Falcons Knee of Justic has a smaller hitbox.

(the sweetspot is about the size of a knee, why make it bigger)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I can't press A fast enough in Melee so I like Brawl

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
"Brawl is like a match between two people who are rolling dice one at a time, but the person with more skill has better rolls so over the match, a pro would beat an average person because he has a higher total roll than the avarage person.

Melee is basically the same thing, but when someone gets a lucky roll, they can roll again. That's what combo's are like, and if the average person just gets a lot of lucky rolls in a row, then he could beat the pro even though the pro has more skill.

Therefore, Brawl is better than Melee."

Facepalm...

majora_787

Smash Hero
"Brawl has better stages"
That is BS. I will admit melee actually does have points in it that are better than brawl. Norfair was crap. 75m was crap. Hyrule Temple was genius.

ANYWAY

"Melee is better than brawl because melee has *wall jumps."

* = I have heard people replace that with the following: Ground dodging, Crazy hand, Giga bowser, Ness, Roy, and Wavedashing.

"Brawl is better than melee because in has *Lucario."

* = I have heard people replace that with: Roy, Giga Bowser, Poppants, Sheik, and Porky.

God knows, every one of those reasons is a lie. Too bad they're the most used ones. -_-

kr3wman

Smash Master
That is BS. I will admit melee actually does have points in it that are better than brawl. Norfair was crap. 75m was crap. Hyrule Temple was genius.

ANYWAY

"Melee is better than brawl because melee has *wall jumps."

* = I have heard people replace that with the following: Ground dodging, Crazy hand, Giga bowser, Ness, Roy, and Wavedashing.

"Brawl is better than melee because in has *Lucario."

* = I have heard people replace that with: Roy, Giga Bowser, Poppants, Sheik, and Porky.

God knows, every one of those reasons is a lie. Too bad they're the most used ones. -_-
Yeah, I agree for 75m. Wait.

Norfair was crap. 75m was crap. Hyrule Temple was genius.
Hyrule Temple was genius.
What?

Grunt

Smash Master
"Brawl is like a match between two people who are rolling dice one at a time, but the person with more skill has better rolls so over the match, a pro would beat an average person because he has a higher total roll than the avarage person.

Melee is basically the same thing, but when someone gets a lucky roll, they can roll again. That's what combo's are like, and if the average person just gets a lot of lucky rolls in a row, then he could beat the pro even though the pro has more skill.

Therefore, Brawl is better than Melee."

Facepalm...
Oh lawd.....

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Someone once said...

"Shiek has more depth in Brawl than she does in Melee."

That statement literally pissed me off for a week.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
One of my friends once said:
Brawl is better, because it has Final Smashes.
:laugh:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
"Brawl has better stages"
i miss peach's castle, kongo jungle, great bay, fourside.
why did they have to bring back stages i don't like (jungle japes, rainbow cruise, brinstar)?

anyway, yeah... i hate hanenbow, 75m, mario bros, mushroomy kingdom, rumble falls, new pork city, greenhill zone

i dislike mario circuit, skyworld, port town, pokemon stadium 2, norfair, flatzone 2, the summit, warioware, luigi's mansion, lylat cruise

i am neutral to yoshi's island, frigate orpheon, shadow moses island, deflino square, battleship halberd

i like final destination, distant planet, bridge of eldin, pictochat, pirate ship, castle siege

i love battlefield, smashville

sad thing is that i wouldn't dislike so many stages if it weren't for ONE THING that screws everything over (no ledges on summit and port town, safety capsule on norfair, columns on luigi's mansion... on delfino and halberd i fall through the floor and die when doing the vanish glide... the lylat ship tilting away from my delicate recovery)................

anyway, i know my cousin likes brawl more than melee because it makes the tourney people mad. he hates tourney people.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
"Brawl is better than Melee because *argument with lots of objective statements*"

"No, Melee is better because *counterargument with lots of objective statements*"

IT'S ALL SUBJECTIVE!
Stop saying one is definitively better than the other!

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Saying that if another person disagrees with your opinion they must be a n00b at smash. For instance people saying, "Your a n00b is you think Brawl in better than Melee" and vice versa.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I made a post that went something like this: "Comparing the Melee engine to the Brawl engine, stripping all the bonus features in Brawl (characters, stage editor) I believe Melee is better."

The response was as follows:

"Brawl added many advanced techniques to Smash such as crawling, gliding, wall-clinging and swimming. That makes it much deeper than Melee."

(later posts read)

"QFT"

"Amen brother"

"Lol, someone just doesn't want to adapt to a non-buggy game"

Top Bottom