• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats so bad about Jiggs?

Echoes7

Smash Rookie
I seriously cant understand why he is so much lower then kirby.

Down B sweet spot.
His fair is just as good if not better then kirbys bair, so you dont have to RAR to use it.
His bair still pwns
Roll out ko's at low %'s if not you almost break there shield
Dair and side b both are very effective....

Im just kinda confused.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I hate how Brawl forces us to take note of a character's camping game and actually call it an asset.

Jiggs does tend to be one of the better characters at avoiding camping though, thanks to her great air game.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Kirby combos better, kills better, recovers better, and has a better camping game.
Yep, one of the big determining factors also is the difference in their smashes, as well as the fact that kirby can meteor opponents. Kirby is overall a lot faster and has a better aerial game, other than her fair her aerials are pretty much better than Jigglypuff.

I hate how Brawl forces us to take note of a character's camping game and actually call it an asset.

Jiggs does tend to be one of the better characters at avoiding camping though, thanks to her great air game.
Jigglypuff is better at punishing a shield in the air (in my own opinion, although Kirby's fair does fairly well here) but unfortunately, Kirby is better at punishing campers because of her amazing grab combos and just better ground game. Overall, Kirby will punish campers a lot better.

Kirby can chain grab 0-35/50%
SAKURAI!!!!!!!!

Glick

Smash Lord
Metaknight is sorta like a kirby and a snake mixed together.
So, kirby is sorta like the same person just without the gay stuff. Except kirbycides.

I play kirby, so I can say that kirby is an absolute beast in this game. I really suggest picking him up. Jigglypuff is better then kirby in the air, except for the spike thing. Oh and that amazing hammer.

Kirbys ground game is great too. His dash attack is like a good luigis with less lag afterwords. Great for punishing side stepping. His Fsmash if kept fresh is quite possibly the sexiest thing in the game. fast, long reach. STRONG

His grabs are beast too. He can kill with his up grab and his down grab is a chain grab on heavy characters and spacies while also acting like a pseudo chain grab(like pikachus down grab), and his side grab is a chain grab on a load of characters. even if it doesn't chain to another grab you can always hit out of it.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Jigglypuff is the slowest running/walking character in the game.

This affects tiers...right?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I seriously cant understand why he is so much lower then kirby.
Face a good Kirby main and it will be all clear. Jigglypuff killing moves compare to Kirby's is minor this time, to add on that, Kirby has one of the top best B moves in the game. Also pink Kirby is more broken than Meta Knight. ;p

Glick

Smash Lord
Exactly, thats a null factor on tiers unless you're sonic or something, where speed is everything. And I personally believe Kirby is better in the air, great fair and bair, pretty great dair. Although I prefer pound to hammer
Naw. I think fair/pound has better priority, although the bair is sorta like d3's the way it stays out.

Glick

Smash Lord
All you have to do is play him like meta knight. The match up is annoying because of Fsmash but its not hard for me since I play kirby. However I rather do kirby dittos then use jigglypuff.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Kirby has a ground game, Jiggz doesn't

end of story, Jiggz is pretty fun though. but the Captain fills that spot for me =]

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
idk its pretty easy to mind game kirby, u can rest out of his down b and hes easy to pivot grab, but noob vs noob i think kirby wins

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Yep, one of the big determining factors also is the difference in their smashes, as well as the fact that kirby can meteor opponents. Kirby is overall a lot faster and has a better aerial game, other than her fair her aerials are pretty much better than Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff is better at punishing a shield in the air (in my own opinion, although Kirby's fair does fairly well here) but unfortunately, Kirby is better at punishing campers because of her amazing grab combos and just better ground game. Overall, Kirby will punish campers a lot better.

SAKURAI!!!!!!!!
this is unimportant, but you know that kirby is a BOY, right? >_>

anyway, much of it is in kirby's smashes. they actually, you know, smash effectively :p.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
this is unimportant, but you know that kirby is a BOY, right? >_>

anyway, much of it is in kirby's smashes. they actually, you know, smash effectively :p.
Sorry, he's pink so naturally I called him a chick. I said in my guide intentionally:

she is the king of aerials
(I took it out later cause MK ***** her), but its because shes pink but can be a dude as well, Jiggs at least.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight is sorta like a kirby and a snake mixed together.
So, kirby is sorta like the same person just without the gay stuff. Except kirbycides.

I play kirby, so I can say that kirby is an absolute beast in this game. I really suggest picking him up. Jigglypuff is better then kirby in the air, except for the spike thing. Oh and that amazing hammer.

Kirbys ground game is great too. His dash attack is like a good luigis with less lag afterwords. Great for punishing side stepping. His Fsmash if kept fresh is quite possibly the sexiest thing in the game. fast, long reach. STRONG

His grabs are beast too. He can kill with his up grab and his down grab is a chain grab on heavy characters and spacies while also acting like a pseudo chain grab(like pikachus down grab), and his side grab is a chain grab on a load of characters. even if it doesn't chain to another grab you can always hit out of it.

actually his fthrow is the one he "CG's with, although it's not really a CG, it's fthrow to uair to fthrow to uair for some characters, and then the gonzo combo, fthrow to uair, turn around utilt, bair, but anyways

if you're going to compare kirby to jigglypuff, um, kirby is alot better. He first off actually has a ground game and amazing grab combos, better smashes, jigglypuff's fsmash is like a wannabe kirby fsmash. Kirby's utilt is amazing, and his dtilt trips so dtilt to fsmash at high percents, kirby is pretty much better at everything except maybe air game, cuz of the way jigglypuff can punish air dodges and has better air DI

edit: i hate jigglypuff's throws, they don't set up like anything, his uair maybe would, if jigglypuff could jump vertically at all, maybe backthrow could at low percents

PND

Smash Champion
Jiggs Fsmash is a wannabe Kirby Fsmash? Nah, Kirby stole Melee Jiggs' Fsmash. :p Jiggs is so bad *** that she doesn't need it any more. :p

And Jiggs throws all do 10%. That's pretty impressive, even though the don't set up for anything. Kirby still >> Jiggs though. Kirby is the new Melee Jiggs.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm just a Jiggs fanboy.

I've always mained her, I always will. (Unless Little Mac gets in the next one, then I'll second Jiggs)

ADHD

Smash Hero
I play her in friendly's, the only time anyone should use her seriously is against a character that sucks against her. She has a horrible tilt game, slowest ground speed on earth and it's not like it pays off, her ground game would suckseven if it did have speed. Her aerials are everything, and some people like falco can just shut her down entirely because of it. SH rising reflectors anyone? If she actually had priority on the ground she'd be a very viable tourney character.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I play her in friendly's, the only time anyone should use her seriously is against a character that sucks against her. She has a horrible tilt game, slowest ground speed on earth and it's not like it pays off, her ground game would suckseven if it did have speed. Her aerials are everything, and some people like falco can just shut her down entirely because of it. SH rising reflectors anyone? If she actually had priority on the ground she'd be a very viable tourney character.
She can still be some what viable but its not that easy. She does suck but I think she still has a decent amount to develop. I wish she had a good ground game as well. And btw woody, what was that post? She has no ground game.

ADHD

Smash Hero
She can still be some what viable but its not that easy. She does suck but I think she still has a decent amount to develop. I wish she had a good ground game as well. And btw woody, what was that post? She has no ground game.
Well heres something new for her game to develop, jigglypuff can DI diddy's fsmash and rest him out of it.

PND

Smash Champion
Jiggs ground game (worth using)

Dash attack
Grab
DACUS
Tech chased Fsmash
Jab or Ftilt

That's the gist of it. I didn't go into specials because, well, I'm lazy and hungover right now. Those are her viable (?) options. If you do anything else, unless you've come up with some revolutionary new way to use it, chances are you're doing something wrong.

Dash attack clashes with a lot of attacks, from what I've seen it tends to have the best "priority" (priority is based upon percent of the moves clashing. Not explaining it in detail, go read up on it somewhere else) as it will stop a large amount of ground moves, a non diminished dash attack will clash with moves that do as much as 22%, so practice up. It's reliable as hell and the endlag after clashing is so nonexistant that you're often in good range afterwards. Plus it can kill. That's why I have it first on the list, as I think it's her best option.

Plus her fox trot makes up for her slow speed, and this becomes all the more viable.

Her grabs all do 10% (read: awesome) and although they don't set up, they are great. Grab a shielding foe, follow up after an aerial. They're absolutely great combo finishers for on the stage, and can set people off the stage if your / their back is to the edge. I'd probably put them second, I use them A LOT. You should too. A LOT.

After certain attacks, a DACUS is a great follow up. Learn the range of it, and how to best use it. You can over charge it and punish airdodgers too. It can sneak in or laggier moves (say, attempted zoning.) It can kill if at high percents, and if not, set up for uairs or other aerials or generally just give you space. Do this. It's good when used correctly.

Tech chased FSmash, while unreliable to a certain degree, when you read your opponent correctly this will probably kill them. You know the basics for this, I assume. If not, go read Illinialex's guide. Hell, even if you do know this, go read that guide. It's a good guide. You'll love it. If you've already read the guide? Read it again. A+

Jab or Ftilt can be used for spacing (or jab infinite if you can lock it down) but generally, the grabs are MUCH better and give you more room. Unless you want less room, which can be a possibility. I don't use this frequently at all, but jabs/ftilts can bait shielding opponents into your shield grab, so I can't completely dismiss this.

Overall her ground game sucks, but learning how to use what's there is vital. Have fun with this info, guys. Especially the dash attack, I never see you guys use that.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Jiggs ground game (worth using)

Dash attack
Grab
DACUS
Tech chased Fsmash
Jab or Ftilt

That's the gist of it. I didn't go into specials because, well, I'm lazy and hungover right now. Those are her viable (?) options. If you do anything else, unless you've come up with some revolutionary new way to use it, chances are you're doing something wrong.

Dash attack clashes with a lot of attacks, from what I've seen it tends to have the best "priority" (priority is based upon percent of the moves clashing. Not explaining it in detail, go read up on it somewhere else) as it will stop a large amount of ground moves, a non diminished dash attack will clash with moves that do as much as 22%, so practice up. It's reliable as hell and the endlag after clashing is so nonexistant that you're often in good range afterwards. Plus it can kill. That's why I have it first on the list, as I think it's her best option.

Plus her fox trot makes up for her slow speed, and this becomes all the more viable.

Her grabs all do 10% (read: awesome) and although they don't set up, they are great. Grab a shielding foe, follow up after an aerial. They're absolutely great combo finishers for on the stage, and can set people off the stage if your / their back is to the edge. I'd probably put them second, I use them A LOT. You should too. A LOT.

After certain attacks, a DACUS is a great follow up. Learn the range of it, and how to best use it. You can over charge it and punish airdodgers too. It can sneak in or laggier moves (say, attempted zoning.) It can kill if at high percents, and if not, set up for uairs or other aerials or generally just give you space. Do this. It's good when used correctly.

Tech chased FSmash, while unreliable to a certain degree, when you read your opponent correctly this will probably kill them. You know the basics for this, I assume. If not, go read Illinialex's guide. Hell, even if you do know this, go read that guide. It's a good guide. You'll love it. If you've already read the guide? Read it again. A+

Jab or Ftilt can be used for spacing (or jab infinite if you can lock it down) but generally, the grabs are MUCH better and give you more room. Unless you want less room, which can be a possibility. I don't use this frequently at all, but jabs/ftilts can bait shielding opponents into your shield grab, so I can't completely dismiss this.

Overall her ground game sucks, but learning how to use what's there is vital. Have fun with this info, guys. Especially the dash attack, I never see you guys use that.
Great info and I'm currently working on the stage selection and finishing up the character matchups with the info you gave me. The stage for best counterpicks and who it benefits and who it is neutral is fairly innacurate right now, so I could use input. It should be a great addition though for which stage to pick to CP an opponent.

Top Bottom