• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's one thing that really sucks about your school?(if you have school)

drcossack

Smash Ace
They make all the boys cut their hair really short... Even though i don't like any guy in my school i just love guys with very long hair,spikey or "Michael J. Fox's Back to the Future hair-do and that just pisses me off... Well they let girls dye their hair atleast, i have red ends...

Ok i should get serious now...

Well i hate how most people in my school act, they all seem to have their own little groups and stick to them and don't give a **** about anyone else... I entered that school at 10th grade(i'm in 12th now) and had no real friends for a whole year because i didn't seem to fit into any group and people generally ignored me... In the end i made a "group" with another 2 guys that didn't fit in and pretty much whoever feels like talking to us so we are probably the most normal group in a way even though most people think we are weird... :ohwell: We usually have video game, political, tv show and religious conversations and this one guy is usually like "i love angels!" and the rest of us are like "Give me solid proof that God exists." It gets pretty funny. :laugh: This one time i was reading a manga, my friend a holy book, my other friend a chemistry book, and some random person playing a video game... Someone passed by and said "Wow nerds with passion!" but he is a friend of mine so no hard feelings taken.

Lets see another thing i hate about my school are stereotypes i like black t-shirts and a bunch of people call me an "emo" even my friends at first just for that... Emo music is just horrible... I don't have hair that covers my face or weird make-up or any of that crap the stereotype has just reached that point...
Emo is a bunch of idiots screaming horribly, whinning and crying with horrible instrumental skills... How the hell can people like that...
In the other hand i do like rock and heavy metal(trash,power and progressive) and the emo stereotype has reached the point of "if you like something that has an electric guitar, you are an emo" being a guitar player this pisses me off A LOT. :ohwell:

One more thing that i hate- The whole load of gangsta people that have crap language skills and roam the hallways with their "cangri cangri cangri cangri loca loca loca loca cabron cabron cabron" and make full conversations with those words- Translated to english-

Guys-
"Hi @$$hole?

'Zzup @$$HOLE?

Nothinz that guy is an @$$hole!

yeah he is a @$$hole, see ya later @$$hole!

or

Girls-
CRAZZYYY HOW ARE YA DOING CRAZZYYYY?!

FINE CRAZYYYY ZAYEAHHHZ I'm SO CANGRI(cool) I HURT MYSELF!!

WHhooz crazy are you crazy!?

Heyeah i'm crazy, crazy!!"

I'm serious about that... Its not even funny anymore... Even some of the "nerds" are doing it...
And these people seem to think that if you don't listen to rap or talk like that you are not cangri and
unhuman.

Morons...

Ooh and btw i'm the only one in my group that likes heavy metal anyways so its not an "evil diabolical mass killings" group. :p Another ignorant stereotype that makes me lol.

Yeah in the end we are a group of "nerds"/"misfits" or however you like to call it, so i ended up forming a group even though i don't like groups but whatever its not like i have a magic wand that will make people stop forming groups and have a bigger chance of making more friends.

and I used to be in a school (4th to 8th grade) were everyone was an elitist and it was every student for himself, NO ONE had any real friends... I HATED that school so much... Atleast i'm outta there.

Wow mega rant...
Wow, my school was...normal. I hated the last few years of my high school (Junior and Senior from '02-'04, but that was mainly because I was ready to get the **** out of there)

Would you people say where you go to high school? Seriously, your experiences sound like exact opposites of my school.

I'm a 'nerd,' but I still hang around with the jocks. :/
I graduated from Lackawanna Trail in 2004 - I'm in my Senior year at Marywood University in Scranton now, with one semester left to finish.

Really, it was the jocks in mine who were the idiots, but I ignored them for the most part. I was civil if one of them talked to me, but it was such an infrequent occurrence. :)

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^I must ask you guys, since things here aren't always the same, which ones are the jocks?
Is it the rich or wanna-be rich, arrogant, elitist kids or the ones that play sports?:confused:
We never use that term here but i've heard it on movies/internet a LOT.

Would you people say where you go to high school? Seriously, your experiences sound like exact opposites of my school.

I'm a 'nerd,' but I still hang around with the jocks. :/
I doubt anyone knows anything about where i live but-

I live in Puerto Rico, my school right now is Common Wealth High School... I know the name is weird but apparently the school was made when a law or something called Common Wealth was passed or something. Its a neutral school when it comes to religions but the best and really intellectual teachers are athists which is probably most of them. I'm gonna miss the teachers(some) more than the students:laugh: except for my real friends but i'll keep in touch with them. My favorite teacher is my english teacher... She is an awesome old lady, the first day of school she gave us a history lesson on bad words and why they are "bad" and she was like f*** means fornication but can anyone tell me why fornication is not a bad word? and everyone was like WTFFFF. She always seems to make everything interesting.

The elitist filled school was called St. Mary's School and it was also a neutral school when it came to religion. (despite of the obviously religious name... Everyone always wondered why the hell did they put that name...)

drcossack

Smash Ace
My favorite teacher is my english teacher... She is an awesome old lady, the first day of school she gave us a history lesson on bad words and why they are "bad" and she was like f*** means fornication but can anyone tell me why fornication is not a bad word? and everyone was like WTFFFF. She always seems to make everything interesting.
bolded - hahahahahahaha. Awesome.

Jocks = play sports.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
^ Thanks. :)

Now i noticed, I forgot to put that was her way of introducing the Anglo-Saxon era were the winning tribe/group imposed their culture over other people and the "losers" had their words considered filthy. Best history lesson ever...

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
The IB program at my school is complete garbage. They make us pay the same amount of money as a public school nearby but the number of options we get are ridiculously limited. PS if you have no idea what I'm talking about, IB is basically a kind of advanced school curriculum that is recognized in many universities around the world.

D

Deleted member

For our first dance of the year we were promised Guitar Hero and Rock Band. What did we get? A Disney DDR and an obscure DDR rip-off.

Morons who think I'm their best friend: My friend's step-it (Neither male nor female); The idiot who sits next to me in English and Science (though he sometimes is genuinely funny); And the blonde guy who sits in front of him in Science. Unfortuantely, that last guy is dating the girl I haved excessively mentioned in the Forum Games.

I think I typed too much.

bored

Smash Ace
My Health/PE teacher, omg, he is absolutely the most annoying person ever.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
1) its not in my home town
2) especially in football season, everyone has pride, even if our varsity F ball taem loss our home comming 42-7 O_o, everyone was still happy
3) the school is STRICT
4)you'll have a hard time getting to class. the hallway are FLOODED with people
5)i hate waking up 6 am
6)

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well, we have to do 36 hours per semester of volunteer(i guess thats it in english), for 6 semesters, being 216 hours of it in 3 years, it actually isnt much, and can be avoided in some ways :p

Its a closed campus, but i dont complain almost all highschools here are that way.

I guess something i completly hate about it (glad i just graduated) is the academic level, specially for the last year, in the specialization areas, the only one that is actually good, is Chemist-Biological one, then goes the Economical area, which isnt that bad, then the (idk how its called in english) on for people how go for something nin-scientific or w/e :p, and at bottom the Physic-Mathematics area, the one i was in, it sucks, i bet any1 would be more prepared to be some sort of engineer if he came out of the Biological or Economic areas.

EDIT: i just scrolled up, and readed a few posts, and wow, my shcool seems much nicer than all of yours :p but i forgot to mention (marie's post reminded me), i hate stheriotypes(spelling?), in my school, any1 with a black shirt is called an emo, any1 with long hair(though its actually not allowed but no1 cares) is an emo too, any1 with wealth or money is called a "fresa", but my guesses are that stheriotypes are just a part of the whole society itself, so i just plain ignore them :p.

BTW, im mexican, and the word "wey" is probably the most used, maybe even overused by everyone to refer to anyone, it rearely serves the prupose of an insult, though sometimes it though as a "bad" word by old school parents :p I use it a lot, more than i'd like to, but it has just become an habit to use it. This school also had this "groups" you refer to, and everyone stays in their groups, but sometimes, somehow those groups seem to merge lol, yet some people get apart and create new ones, it weird :p.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Everything.

Except, Break Time, Lunch Time and Home Time.

EDIT:

Well ok, it's not as bad as some of these schools. Only some of the teachers, and the education system is rubbish.

Another interesting aspect of school is how it kills motivation. We are all born motivated to learn to some extent. Do you have to give a kid candy to learn how to walk? Do you have to give a kid a toy to learn how to speak? I think teachers need to be very careful about how they reinforce behavior. I just think it's amazing that kids go to school wanting to learn about dinosaurs and volcanos. Then somewhere along the line they start hating school and think it's a waste of time.
This is spot on.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Racist gym teacher picks all the Chinese people for the badminton team when there was supposed to be try outs. Alot of the people she picked were awful, ONE GUY HAD A BROKEN ARM FOR GODS SAKE!

Other then that, the usual stuff.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
When I was in 7th grade, I was in regular science. My grades were all good, and if I wanted to I could have gone into 8A science next year. I decided to stay in regular just for eigth grade so I could stay with my friends, and I would go into advanced 9th grade. My guidance counselor said this was fine. Well, next year I try to go into advanced and apparently I have to pay around 1,500$ for a summer course if I want to go into advanced =(

Skybent

Smash Cadet
for lunch 4 days out of the week we literally get served a slice of ham and 1 slice of bread.
THAT IS THE HONEST TRUTH. no exageration. no lies. THAT IS IT! and sometimes they either run out of the ham or bread.

i dont even think that is legal. i literally eat a horse everyday as soon as i get home... ok that last part was an exageration...

can someone please tell me if thats even legal? could someone sue for malnutrition or something?

WTF!

Smash Cadet
For me, 70% of my school's students are wannabe gangsters. And the teachers sometimes lose our work and laugh about. -_-
In mines they are ALL fake gangster(exept me, I hear metal :) ) and like every year theres 13-14 year old girl/s pregnant :)

well i think all the school in the island i live(Puerto Rico) are like that, not saying that other things that are not schools are bad

drcossack

Smash Ace
When I was in 7th grade, I was in regular science. My grades were all good, and if I wanted to I could have gone into 8A science next year. I decided to stay in regular just for eigth grade so I could stay with my friends, and I would go into advanced 9th grade. My guidance counselor said this was fine. Well, next year I try to go into advanced and apparently I have to pay around 1,500$ for a summer course if I want to go into advanced =(
An incompetent guidance counselor? Whoa, never saw THAT coming.

As one of the girls in my high school said, they couldn't guide you out of a wet paper bag.

Noisy Signal

Smash Rookie
Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues agai
I've been private school-educated throughout my entire life, so I've had different problems presented to me than some people. However, the general awfulness still exists - but this time, you have to pay for it!

Since I've only attended two schools in my life, a comparison is sort of necessary.

I attended my first school from primary/kindergarten through eighth grade. In general, I loved it. Though my classes were exceptionally small (my graduating class had 17 people in it) and the atmosphere almost overwhelmingly hippie/liberal (not much of a problem, as I'm closer to a Dem than a Republican), I had excellent teachers and the kids I went to school with are some of the best people I know. Even though it's a private school, it didn't have any of the elitism that other schools have.

Now, my new school. Ah, shall I name the ways that you hath sucked?
-Bigotry (racism, sexism, Antisemitism, homophobia - basically anyone that's not a straight rich white Christian is discriminated against)
-Most people are generally unintelligent - they're only there because of their parents' cash
-You're shuffled into one of three cliques in your first week there: popular, wannabe, freak and geek (proud F&G talkin' to you now)
-As a side point: if you don't like what's 'in,' you're mocked and insulted (I was called a lesbian for not thinking Zac Efron is hot - so many things are wrong with that comment, I don't know where to begin)
-So elitist it makes me sick (some of the stuff I have heard about people with less money than them is truly awful)
-It has managed to squelch my love of learning and has killed my motivation in school; I just can't see the point anymore
However, I am lucky enough to have excellent facilities, a lot of on-campus freedom, and a few (keyword: few) excellent teachers who have managed to keep my attention. Also, we have an amazing drama department - yay! Despite how awful my new school is, I think a lot of that comes from it being so totally different from my old school (there are some other things I miss about my old school, but they were so specific to the method of teaching used at my old school, I'm afraid it would be hard to relate to) and a lot of you guys have worse - my heart goes out to you guys! We'll make it through it together!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Its highschool... the better question would be What is one thing that doesn't suck about your school (if you have school)?

Louisiana public school... where to begin....

90% of the school population composes of rednecks and pricks who spend more money on their clothes, sporting equipment, and cars than on their house.... (My parish, the Louisiana equivalent of a county, has more trailer parks than any other county in the country.)

Our principle (who lost a finger in a boat motor) resigned because he was caught having sex with a staff member in his office...

We never win a football game (something that I don't really care about.)

The girls are all beautiful and incredibly superficial. After striking out with every girl you see... you tend to be a little depressed.

One of the questions on the GEE was how much does a loaf of bread way... a) 1 pound b) 5 pounds c) 10 pounds or D) 20 pounds..... someone actually thought it was b...
Another question on that same GEE was how long is the average bar of soap... a) 4 inches
b) 4 feet c) 4 yards or d) 4 miles...
yes its definitely 4 miles.

Our school had to bribe us with a Guitar Hero tournament and a win a Wii drawing to raise our GEE scores. Our scores were still sad (but nowhere near as sad as state average scores.)

As sad as it is..... we are a very good public school by our state's standards.

Now is it all bad?

No. I love the school band. Almost all of my friends are in it. Some of the friendships I've made being in the band have been so great. One of my friends (who graduated this year :ohwell:) was like seeing an older and more carefree version of myself in the mirror. I even feel like I'm appreciated sometimes. Hell... maybe one of these band girls will like me as more than a friend one day. I really like my friend who plays the saxophone.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
There were chew pouches everywhere in my high school, it was a little disgusting. Also, the new air conditioners that were put in last summer only worked in January, and are currently being replaced again. I remember once we had to wear winter coats in school because the air conditioners kicked in when it was below freezing. I'm glad I graduated :)

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Portland State is in the middle of downtown, and it's the biggest University in Oregon, so there are a LOT of people. This means opportunities to make $$$, so I get talked to by a lot of people looking for money, bums and Greenpeace workers.

I have to wear this "don't **** with me" face so people don't talk to me.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Almost everyone at my school is the same. We're ranked among the most homogenous student bodies in the country. If you're not rich and in a frat, you're still either rich, in a frat, or are constantly trying to be one or the other. There are of course a few exceptions, but not many. And if you're one of these exceptions, you're pretty much an outcast.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
My high school cut 1/3 of its teachers next year because of low budgeting. We can barely afford the bus service. Half of the classes are on trailers. And the few classes in the main building has no air conditioning. A few days ago there was a room that was 110 degrees(Fahrenheit). And this is NJ! Isn't Corzine(our governor) supposed to be a liberal?

When I was in school, we were 75% fake gangster, 15% sports jocks, 9% mentaly challenged, and 1% normal.
1% is normal? Let me guess, it is you and your friends.

random_bob

Smash Cadet
if u joined spanish in the class of 2012 in my school u ended up with the two worst teachers in a row, and since spanish is a high school course at my school it takes 2 years with 2 different teachers to get 1 credit.

~rh

Smash Lord
Well, now that summer is here I'm actually missing school. So now I'd say my school sucks because it's not in session... [strange but yeah] =/

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
i dont really mind my skool. the only thing that annoys me is that we have to wear these stupid ID things all day as a necklace. but it doesnt matter now considering skools out for me.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I still don't get the mentality behind people who say this.
For me, it's not necessarily missing school, but being unproductive that really gets to me. When classes are in session, I have my courses and other activities to keep me busy and productive. During breaks, there is more free time, and I hate being idle.

It's kind of annoying, because I'm only truly happy when I'm busy and/or miserable.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
16% of the students at my school have physical or mental disabilities. Also, I'm surrounded by so many fellow students that give no or little effort in school (some are easily passing, some are failing) and I hear so much complaining.
youre not making fun of mentaly ******** people are you? cause thats kind of messed up.

bored

Smash Ace
16% of the students at my school have physical or mental disabilities. Also, I'm surrounded by so many fellow students that give no or little effort in school (some are easily passing, some are failing) and I hear so much complaining.
Thats common in my school. People just don't care about school anymore, including me, but I make good grades and pass, though.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I had a bipolar Chemistry teacher my sophomore year in High School that would either be extremely nice to me or would stress how ******** I was.

Oh yeah, band drama. Can't forget about that.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
What the OP said, and that the teachers never show up when their supposed to be and then we're supposed to study by ourselves while we have no homework instead of getting a free period.

Top Bottom