• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats cpu level is the most like a human player?

Slinky Head

Smash Rookie
ya i didnt think so, but i didnt want to spend hours testing each one, isnt there at least a runner up?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Level 253641798 is probably close to an average pro.

None of them are even near to human, however, 7 has pretty normal powershielding I guess x.x

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I think 8 is the closest to an 'average' human. 9's are too inhuman, they tech, shield and dodge inhumanly (but suck at everything else nonetheless).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's all relative to what you mean by "human player". A pro? How good of a "pro"?
You can't just assign a level to a such a range of skill. I have no idea what the "average" would be.

But I would guess around 7 or 8.
And I yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes smell ya later".
Sorry, I had to. >_>

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
I'd say that 8 is a pretty normal human computer. They can still powershield and shield grab pretty well.
9's are rediculous with how well they shield and tech. I'd say a 8 would be and average player who just plays for fun but still plays pretty well. 9 is probably the closest you're going to get to a pro and that's still pretty far from a pro.

KingGoomba

Smash Rookie
I'd say none is "the normal human player". CPU is CPU and human is human. They don't play alike at all.

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
but i wouldnt get any better if i didnt play at all. im just trying to find the less of 9 evils.
And some people have no one else around to play with and MUST fight the CPU (Like myself.) Level 9 does nothing but dodge constantly (as said before,) and 5 seems to just throw random punches/normal combos.

I fought a level 9 Luigi and all he did was roll and air dodge. It was even better when we had an Exploding Crate between us and he used a fireball. Nice AI, Brawl.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If you don't have anyone to play against, play LV1s.
They will rarely if never hit you yet they can still DI and the like, so they are great for practicing combos without developing bad habits. This is more true for Brawl+ and Melee than for normal Brawl though, just thought I'd put that out there.

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
What your asking is 'which computer does and responds to mindgames' pretty much, because thats the only thing that CPUs dont have... mindgames.

If they did, then they could be better than the best pro... i think

JediMasterPeach

Smash Rookie
Well, If you're going to play with the AI I'd say just go all out and do the lvl 9's.. Playing aginst people is going to be way different no matter what way you slice it, and at least a lvl 9 is a good challenge :D

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
The CPU that would cause you to develop the least bad habits would be about lv7.
8 and 9s are ridiculous- their powershields are nonsense and they always air-dodge after getting hit. Human players are able to predict habits, which CPUs totally ignore. We powershield b/c we expect a dsmash after a glide attack, while CPUs powershield because they KNOW you're about to use a 1-frame jab.

For fun, you can google reaction speed and test yourself. Mine is only 16 frames :ohwell:

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
Honestly, none.

The CPUs are pretty straight forward, where a human player can one minute be bum rushing you and the next second playing keep away or just plain teasing you while waiting for you to slip up in one way or another.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
You'd be suprised, i played brawl for the first time in a link ditto against a level 9 and 4 stocked.

I've played melee for 7 years though.

The average newb is not level 2-4 lol.. christ someone that just picked up the game could fair well against a level 8 i think. You'd be suprised. Unless they're a woman. no offence.

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
CPUs aren't nearly as cunning as human players, which makes it hard to correlate CPU level with human skill. A good (human) player is much more than just technical ability.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
I've found that around 7 is equivalent to a player who doesnt tech or use any advanced techniques but is still quick thinking and tough, while any past that would be closer to more advanced players, still because they're AI they will always fall into predictable habits.

Top Bottom