• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Bowser's best and worst stage? (Brawl)

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I can't really decide: what's Bowser best and worst stage? (In Brawl). I think his best stage's the Pokemon Stadium 2, and his worst stage's a tie between Delfino Plaza and New Pork City because they're big stages and Bowser can't KO anyone because he's a heavyweight and heavyweight's are slow.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He can only approach through the air. All chars with projectiles beat him on Jungle Japes. Maybe it's not the worst stage but one of them...

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Why not one of those big stages, you know, like Hyrule Temple or Bridge of Eldin? Bowser can't catch up with the character, because he's a heavyweight, and heavyweights're slow.

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Well, Gheb, I'm sayin' EVERY stage, banned and un-banned. And, I like your thinking, Griffiard.

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Yes, or you can do the Battlefeild, simple, small, and easy for Bowser to KO any other character.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I've never battled with on Norfair with Bowser...What are the advantages there? I mean I can see how it'd be hard for him to get killed there, but what perks are there? (Upsmash going through platforms?)

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Ok I battled a Samus on Norfair and I got killed....I don't know if it was inexperience with playing on Norfair or what, but it didn't go too well for me.

And I agree, I think Smashville is his best because he can jump out of the Bowsercide there. Or if you want you can use the platform to KO your opponent with a Bowsercide(if they're damaged enough). Hell I've even used the platform as a mindgame.

:40-:45

The Lucas thought I would jump up and Aerial him(as I normally do) so I just waited for him to land on the platform and start his landing lag, and I simply SH UAir to KO him. :D

Battlefield is also one of the better stages for him since he can attack through the platforms, use them to Infinite Jump them for speed, or edgehog from the tip of the platform. It's small so enemies KO somewhat faster there.

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Ah, Norfair ain't a good stage for Bowser. I'm kinda sayin' something like the Battlefeild or the Pokemon Stadium, because he can easily KO any other character.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
why is pokemon stadium 2 good? i like norfair, smashville, and battlefield. i need to find some other stages though because i don't like counter picking neutral stages usually.

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
Ah, Norfair ain't a good stage for Bowser. I'm kinda sayin' something like the Battlefeild or the Pokemon Stadium, because he can easily KO any other character.
Norfair has all the advantages Battlefield has plus more places to recover to hide Bowser's mediocre recovery.

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
why is pokemon stadium 2 good? i like norfair, smashville, and battlefield. i need to find some other stages though because i don't like counter picking neutral stages usually.
Pokemon Stadium 2's good because it's a pretty small stage (which Bowser has the advantage of) and it has platforms.

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I agree with the Battlefeild and Smashville part, and, the Norfair and Rainbow Cruise, not so sure. At least, here are for me:

Best: Pokemon Stadium 2, Battlefeild, and Smashville
Worst: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, and Bridge of Eldin.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
i understand that pokemon stadium 2 is small and has some platforms, which help bowser out. i was just wondering if there were more reasons than that, like if any of the different phases help bowser out at all? i don't play the stage much.

also, surginist, since this forum is mostly for competitive discussion, what non-banned stages do you think are bad for bowser?

aside from fd, which was already mentioned, another stage i dislike with bowser that i've found myself playing recently is castle siege. mainly just because of the transitions and the second phase.

Blauw

Smash Cadet
As already mentioned, battlefield and smashville are good stages for Bowser. I also think Norfair is a stage that does Bowser well on.

And I'm curious why Rainbow Cruise is a good stage for Bowser. Bowser isn't quite a very mobile character, and with a scrolling level this doesn't come in his favor. Also, if you make a mistake on RC it could be hard to recover at some parts of the level, especially since Bowser doesn't has the best recovery in the game. So explain that please.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
it's really not. it moves. plus all that **** gets in the way when i try to bowsercide. :(

the beginning isn't too bad though.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Why do you have (brawl) in the title? If this was melee it would have been discussed in the Melee character specific rooms not brawl.

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
Why do you have (brawl) in the title? If this was melee it would have been discussed in the Melee character specific rooms not brawl.
Is true :ohwell:
Best stage: Any stage like battlefield or Final Destination.
Worst Stage: Electroplankton (bore) or New Pork City (In a time match).

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Yeah, I definitely like Battlefield and Norfair the best. I just like how the platforms make three of Bowser's better killing moves (up tilt, up smash, up air) so much easier to connect with. Norfair also has 3 ledges and rising lava to help out his recovery, which is nice :)

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
i understand that pokemon stadium 2 is small and has some platforms, which help bowser out. i was just wondering if there were more reasons than that, like if any of the different phases help bowser out at all? i don't play the stage much.

also, surginist, since this forum is mostly for competitive discussion, what non-banned stages do you think are bad for bowser?

aside from fd, which was already mentioned, another stage i dislike with bowser that i've found myself playing recently is castle siege. mainly just because of the transitions and the second phase.

Non-banned stage, huh? Well, I find the Delfino Plaza pretty bad for Bowser. Some of it's transitions were tough for Bowser.

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
Non-banned stage, huh? Well, I find the Delfino Plaza pretty bad for Bowser. Some of it's transitions were tough for Bowser.
Maybe it's just me but I do pretty well with Bowser on Delfino Plaza. None of the different segments are too big, so my opponent can't run away easily. Plus, there a lot of areas that you can just use the Klaw and launch them off the left or right boundaries.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I really dont think bowser has a best stage its really all dependant on the character your playing against. I hate Smashville though the platform always screws over my bowserscides....

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Why not one of those big stages, you know, like Hyrule Temple or Bridge of Eldin? Bowser can't catch up with the character, because he's a heavyweight, and heavyweights're slow.
Hyrule Temple and Bridge of Eldin are banned. Besides, who would play on Hyrule Temple?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Sliq is right. If you're gonna post a topic like this, 99.9% of the people who will post in it are going to be talking about competitive play (where banned stages really don't matter for ****).

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree on Norfair, the way the platforms are arranged help Bowser do edge guarding off the sides as well, so he can fair to death, then a fortress makes it back (hopefully).

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Maybe it's just me but I do pretty well with Bowser on Delfino Plaza. None of the different segments are too big, so my opponent can't run away easily. Plus, there a lot of areas that you can just use the Klaw and launch them off the left or right boundaries.
Whenever I play as Bowser on the Delfino Plaza, I always lose for some reason.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Okay, so I can't really decide: what's Bowser best and worst stage? (In Brawl). I think his best stage's the Pokemon Stadium 2, and his worst stage's a tie between Delfino Plaza and New Pork City because they're big stages and Bowser can't KO anyone because he's a heavyweight and heavyweight's are slow.
its funny hearing that last part from a sonic main because bowser ko moves are actually faster than sonics. whatever bowser you're playing needs more up tilt.

worst stage might be luigis, just because it doesn't help him much and does some ******** things for most other characters

my favorite bowser stage is corneria, which is occasionally legal, just because everything bowser does kos, and I think (not sure) uthrow might be a 0% ko at the top of the wing due to its set knockback

ZodiacDragon1014

Smash Rookie
I always felt Bowser's best was Battlefield. If not, it certainly ranks high up there. The platforms provide an excellent advantage for him.

As an off-topic side note, some of you have the little character stock symbols by your name. Was wondering how you guys get those.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Seeing as I'm poking around here, I'll ask.

Is this accurate still?:

:bowser2: Bowser
Best: Norfair, Battlefield, Castle Siege
Worst: Jungle Japes, Brinstar
It's for my Counterpicking Made Easy thread, but the info might be old...

Top Bottom