• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What you LOVE about brawl;]

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

For my first thread I decided to do something really optimistic=]. We hear enough about how much brawl sucks and how everybody hates how much it changed from melee. Things like how brawl involves no skill, how characters have been nurfed and "balanced", and how it is so slow compared to melee, and how combos have been pretty much taken out, etc.. Things like that. SO lets all take the time out to be optimist for once, Lets talk about things we LOVE about brawl. What do you like about the game? Why do you play it? What features do you like? What do you like about it MORE than melee? And also like Why you like Smash as a whole, and What you like about these forums.

To start off, What I MAINLY love about brawl[and smash as a whole] is its level of competitiveness. I love how everyone plays and strives to get better, competeting against friends and strangers, trying to make a name for ones self. I love how [To me] everyone is like a big dis jointed family. Even if someone is a complete stranger, you can immediately become friends and smash like you’ve been smashing together all your life[lol]. I love going to tournaments!! and the respect each opponent gives each other. When compared to a game like Halo... Brawl is super "Friendly." It gets completely personal and dirty in those Xbox games. Brawl is nothing like that: USUALLY. I also love the amount of information shared on this sight. Every thing you need to know about smash, you can find right here on Smash Boards. No one hesitates to share and aid in the improvement of another.

Aside from that, what I also lie about brawl and its play is the way it feels when you hit someone[lol]. Or how it feels when you finally land a COMBO after a few DOZEN matches. Just like in melee, it just feels good to beat each other senseless.:laugh:

There are a few things a like about brawl more than melee. 1: The Graphics improved greatly. 2: The storyline and single player modes improved by a large scale. 3: Wireless play. Aside from the lag and limits of Wi-Fi, it's still an amazing feature to have. It was about time Nintendo got into the online play and I think it will shortly improve. I also like the create stage feature, that’s pretty cool.

These are the main things I love about brawl, now lets here what you all have to say. Anything is fine No matter how little or how much, as long as you can think of something.:) and it is something you LIKE.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I love Link's new costume and his manlier voice (although I didn't like his voice when Brawl was first released). I also like how Brawl plays more like N64 Smash, so I felt like I was taken wayyyy back. I also love how wavedashing was removed. I thought it made even the most pro matches look like two characters jumping like idiots and ruined my controllers quickly.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
More characters, more stages, more fun with 4 players, Pit, Online (although it sux, but hey, there wasn't and never will be a smash tourney in my country, there probably aren't even more than 10 people that own brawl), Falco's taunts. I could think of few more things, but I'm too lazy atm.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It's bonus features are good, and I like the new characters. Even though I think Melee's gameplay is better, I enjoy playing Brawl a lot more.

Play Mele....

*shot*

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I also love how wavedashing was removed. I thought it made even the most pro matches look like two characters jumping like idiots and ruined my controllers quickly.
Nah, it looked more like they were having seizures to me.

I enjoy the addition of so many great characters, improved mechanics (Footstool, new Air Dodge, etc.), the gigantic soundtrack, and Subspace.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I like the customizable controls. It sucked that Melee didn't have a Tap Jump Off option. I like most of the newcomers that aren't Wolf. The RAR and Boost Smashing are fun techniques and should stay.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I also love how wavedashing was removed. I thought it made even the most pro matches look like two characters jumping like idiots and ruined my controllers quickly.
all right, just cause this isn't a 'bash brawl' thread doesn't mean it'a a 'bash melee' thread. lol

umm, what do i like....uhh......hmmmmm....................

well, i'll get back to you on that one.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
The soundtrack was so good that I downloaded the whole OST, the inclusion of Snake and Sonic blew my mind to millions of pieces, and as far as gameplay goes, I do like the new air dodge feature and for some reason, the slower pace seems to transition well to me.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Honestly, I can go on and on. SSE is a huge success in my book, and the vast amount of music is to die for! Zelda also became hotter, by the way, and I also love the new features and the new characters. Solid Snake...??? I never saw that comming! And Sonic is also a great edition to the roster as well! I don't care what anyone else says about Brawl, but it has a place in my heart.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
All the amazing combos and techniques that melee just didn't have.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You mean... there's a thread that has a positive opinion on Brawl?
Bleh.

I only play it because I find it more fun than Melee. More fighters/Wi-fi/Not as many overpowered characters.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Things I like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Footstool (Though it could be improved, it was a great thing to add)
More Characters (The more the merrier)
Back Ledgegrabbing (This was a great idea and really does help)
Great soundtrack (Gotta' have epic music to fight to)
Great graphics (Though I don't really care about the graphics that much)
Great CGI (Cutscenes were excellent)
StageBuilder (Mo' maps, da' better)
Online (Even though it is crap, I'm glad they thought of it)

Things I dont like
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not as fast paced as Melee (And less technical too)
Auto Ledgegrabbing (Just annoying)
Character sizing (The figures are to big, making the stages look way to small)
Floatyness (I like gravity)
Announcers voice (I think Melees was more epic. Though 64 was the greatest voice )
Low Hitlag and Hitstun (No combos)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
1) Kirby's in it
2) The creater of the game is the creater of Kirby
3) Just about every song in Brawl make's me dream about it.
4) Lip's Theme FTW!!!
5) The fighting style is very lax so I don't have to strain myself to play competivley in this game.

I'm sure there's more, but I don't want to bore the crap out of people.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
A lot of things

1) I actually like the SSE
2) Ike's in it :bee:
3) It's fun for me to play other people online
4) I actually like the stage builder
5) I kind of like the slower pace of the gameplay too
6) I also like the soundtrack too

There are more reason as well :bee:

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
I like the feeling I get as Captain Falcon's fist lands on Metaknight's faceplate, crushing his face into the back of his body, just before he flies off at mach 17 and explodes.

I love the fact that the characters actually are relatively even. Any character can do good against any other as long as you're smart, and set up the right circumstances.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I love the added replay feature despite the three minute time limit.
I love the new variety of characters, and stages.
I love the new music.
I love the WiFi, even though it lags, its still great because I have no one to play with in my area.
I love the changes to characters in the previous versions of SSB

Um... I cant think of anything else.

Signiff

Smash Rookie
I like the diverse choice of charcters lol thought they COULD include Sothe for more fire emblem

The stages are really detailed , stage maker is fun, wifi is cool if there wasnt so much lag xD

Top Bottom