• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What wsa the tech that was the hardest for you to master?

err

Smash Journeyman
ughh the transition from x -> y is terrible. i can't believe how many WD's i miss.
it doesn't help that i was using my middle finger for R and am now using my index finger ><

its spring of 2006 all over again ^_^

err

Smash Journeyman
Would switching jump buttons really help that much lol?
i've always used Y tho ha

for double shines i don't stand a chance with X

of course, i'm really never going to use double-shines buy w/e

i think i switched to Y to make my fox/falco faster .. again i could probably have just worked a little harder with X and achieved the same results in less time/effort

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
for double shines i don't stand a chance with X

of course, i'm really never going to use double-shines buy w/e

i think i switched to Y to make my fox/falco faster .. again i could probably have just worked a little harder with X and achieved the same results in less time/effort
Jc shines arent all that useful imo, but well, whatever floats your boat i guess lol

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
This entire time, I still haven't been able to properly ledge tech. Of course, it's not technical, it's just timing, but I still can't do it.

Consistently SHing with Fox is hard if I want to use it for other things. For example, to SHDL, I move from the Y button to the b button too quickly, which causes me to push harder on Y (it's a mental thing, it doesn't actually physically require me to push harder), so I can't SHDL.

Oh, and super wavedash. Seriously, wtf. Maybe if I practice harder, I can count frames in my head.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
lol LHDL is ******* easy, try shinebair at really high percents
Ummmm.... Doesn't shine always hit the same way regardless of percent? So wouldn't shine Bair be just as difficult at any percent?

Also, I'm so used to X, I've used it ever since I picked up the game in elementary school for the first time and my hands weren't big enough to reach the Y button quickly without accidentally pressing A half the time XD. Man, that was forever ago, when the game first came out...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Pivoting. I still can't pivot up tilts or d-tilts, and f-tilt is so inconsistant (I can do everything else though).

Oh, and I still haven't gotten the hang of the dash shield platform drop thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLu5972oPZc

I wanna learn to do it since it looks soooooo sexy, but I've never been great with tech skill.
I'll get it eventually.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Pivoting. I still can't pivot up tilts or d-tilts, and f-tilt is so inconsistant (I can do everything else though).
lol, nobody can pivot utilts and dtilts. That would be insane.

Oh, and I still haven't gotten the hang of the dash shield platform drop thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLu5972oPZc

I wanna learn to do it since it looks soooooo sexy, but I've never been great with tech skill.
I'll get it eventually.
Yayyy somebody linked my video.

Here's a tip: the difficulty of doing the dash platform drop is highly dependent on the state of your controller. To do it really fast and consistently you need a "Fox controller," i.e., a controller with an extremely loose control stick. It takes a LONG time to break in a controller like this.

If you have a newer controller it is considerably more difficult.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB said:
Heh lol, i really don't have a problem with the stage in itself, i can do pretty well on it actually.
I just used the stage as an example of my L-canceling problem. Another example would short hop and do an arial from a platform and land on the ground (below the platform), I can't do it. The timing feels unnatural to me.
the problem is that I think "press L X amount of time after the fast fall" like I said, so I sort of have to re-learn l canceling now i think .
I can do tons of crazy **** in this game like SHDLing in lightning mode, moonwalk->edgehog with ganon (much harder then moonwalking across the stage with falcon), triple nair (a non-diing) falco with falcon (you need to be really fast to do that), pivot fsmashes about 80% of the time, shffl stupidly fast with fox, etc... but I can't l cancel unless it's in a shffl or normal full-jumped arial, because I learned it the wrong way >.> it's so annoying
I had the same problem with l-cancelling awkwardly timed things, like fall through platform L-cancels, aerials off platforms, aerials when you've been hit up in the air, etc. But what I started to do is L-cancel with multiple buttons when I think I might miss it otherwise. I just mash L, R, and Z right before I hit the ground. If you spread the button presses out slightly you give yourself a larger window for getting the L-cancel. It works really well, you should try it.

TokiDoki

Smash Journeyman
I had the same problem with l-cancelling awkwardly timed things, like fall through platform L-cancels, aerials off platforms, aerials when you've been hit up in the air, etc. But what I started to do is L-cancel with multiple buttons when I think I might miss it otherwise. I just mash L, R, and Z right before I hit the ground. If you spread the button presses out slightly you give yourself a larger window for getting the L-cancel. It works really well, you should try it.
Do you still do this?
Just wondering

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
thunders, jc shines

btw you can pivot utilts....see frankenstine by SW

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Waveshine, definitely. Simply being able to perform it was pretty hard, but getting it down to the point where I could use it effectively in matches was a whole different problem. That took quite a long time =P

Top Bottom