• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would YOU do in a Zombie Outbreak?!

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
ya but they just saved them selves not the rest of us they should have thought of something before it ever happened large scale
Well guessing you managed to catch them, they probably had nothing they could protect theme selfs with. There is also a good chance the people that could stop this are already among the undead. Just kill yourself it would be easier then going cyco from all the moaning these thing will do as they try to go through your defenses.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
well we will do a I am legend on them and place bombs behind all our defenses and a newly developed nuke that can destroy halve the world (and it would be the top half cause that's where the Canadians live or unlive or what ever you call zombies) and launch it right after they get through the final defense

P.S. I made the smartest people to make the bomb then forgot that they made the bomb and then put them in the cage

slave1

Smash Lord
well we will do a I am legend on them and place bombs behind all our defenses and a newly developed nuke that can destroy halve the world (and it would be the top half cause that's where the Canadians live or unlive or what ever you call zombies) and launch it right after they get through the final defense

P.S. I made the smartest people to make the bomb then forgot that they made the bomb and then put them in the cage
well for one this really does not make sense

2. what gives why would the bomb kill only the northern half of the world. i guess your in ausi land and you said F everyone else. what about america and the brits

3. if a bomb is big enough to do that, then i think you need a new place to hide cause it wont just stop at the equator.

4. get your crap together. explosives around you safe zone is kind of a bad idea. it might work if your blowing up everything and every one. but they would have to be aremed or you would have to be super careful at all times. and once they go off they destroy all your defenses that were in place. you loose all your work.

how can you make the smartest people in the world? do you have super genetics and a brilliant girl friend?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768

Worst Idea ever, your best bet is to find a large secure place to hold up with any survivors you find. You will last a few days I guess. No matter where you are. The army saving you is your only hope if its a huge outbreak. Also eat your friends dead bodys if they starve to death. Also get as much guns and foods before you hold out. YOu may just go crazy at the constant moaning. I say it would be easier to kill yourself.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If it went on for long enough, I'd honestly just let myself get bitten or whatever..... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Being a zombie looks like it could be fun. :evil:

slave1

Smash Lord
If it went on for long enough, I'd honestly just let myself get bitten or whatever..... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Being a zombie looks like it could be fun. :evil:
1. thats giving up
2. last time i checked rotting slowly, being hated by all living. and then wanting the flesh of others does not sound fun

Matt

Banned via Administration
Obviously, slave1, you've never played Left 4 Dead.

I would be so lucky to become a Tank.

Patinator

Smash Champion
No, no, no. Now that I think about it, the perfect zombie survival tactic is becoming one of them after all! *_* Not only do they not go after you (Accursed double negative.), but you can eat brains... *_______*

smashbot226

Smash Master
Wow, Seph's Masamune has a ridiculously stupid plan. This is more impossible than Twilight making perfect sense.

Seriously, just grab a rife, a pistol, healing supplies, and nutritional stuffs- water, sandwiches, the like. You'll be good if you walk on foot or have a bicycle. And make sure you ALWAYS travel during the day. Zombies don't detect by sight, they detect by smell and sound.

So when you travel at night, you only hurt yourself by lessening the one thing you have over zombies.

And Eor always makes a thread a little more lolzy. I prefer cleats, but whatever.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
1. thats giving up
2. last time i checked rotting slowly, being hated by all living. and then wanting the flesh of others does not sound fun
1. I said if it went on long enough, implying that there aren't that many living people around anyway. At that point, it's pretty much a lost cause, and who wants to have a life being one of the few people still alive?

2. Sounds pretty kicka** to me. Zombies don't even feel things like "fun" and "not fun." (A.k.a. joy/sorrow/whatever.) They're pretty mindless, lol. Unless you think they have secret zombie parties underground during the day..... sweet.

You don't know how wrong you are.
Obviously, slave1, you've never played Left 4 Dead.

I would be so lucky to become a Tank.
No, no, no. Now that I think about it, the perfect zombie survival tactic is becoming one of them after all! *_* Not only do they not go after you (Accursed double negative.), but you can eat brains... *_______*
What they said.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
First off, if zombies are able to rise in the first place, then that only means other supernatural events are able to take place.

In other words, I would magically a summon a button to obliterate them all. Problem solved.

(btw, this sooooo reminds me of the zombie raids in City of Heroes/Villians. lolol)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Something akin to a zombie outbreak is feasible. (But about as feasible as something like the Black Plague happening again).

Look at the link in the OP and think Resi Evil 4 or Left 4 Dead.

I've been thinking about this situation a lot lately. Lurking this and Eor's thread for ideas.
After researching (IE Reading a manga called 'High School of the Dead'), a lot of what we need to do depends on the capabilities of the army/police force.

Provided that the army/authorities have the foresight to secure the most important resources (water purification, electricity and Communications) there's a pretty good chance that you could survive.

If we're talking undead zombies, then I wouldn't think they could run, or even have much control over their ability to walk, let alone attempt to run. I would be more fearful of something like a parasite (like the one described in that cracked article that exists in half of all humans, and can take control of rats).

If the authorities cannot manage to get it together enough to secure electricity and water at the very least, then we'll all be in the ****. Living in Australia would make it even harder for someone like me where we have extremely strict laws on guns, and you don't see gun shops very often at all.

Everyone says they'd hole up in a place like walmart. The problem with that idea is that everyone else will be thinking the exact same thing. I hope none of you have forgotten what happened when Katrina hit New Orleans. People are crazy, pannicky people.

If a Zombie stumbled into my room, and I only noticed it then, first I'd have to assume I was by myself (I doubt my parents would miss a zombie waltzing in). Fortunately in my house, most of the windows don't have fly screens (Cheap builders >.>). So I'd most likely bail out the window and make a break for it.

But okay, let me make one assumption. Lets assume that it does something like wander all the way around the back and starts banging at my window. Lets make another assumption, and I see that he/she should clearly be dead (brains hanging out or whatever). I'd probably close the blinds and call my parents.

But let's assume that I cannot contact my immediate family. Then I'd be looking for news reports on the net/tv and would probably find reports of strange attacks amounting, and I'd come to the conclusion that the outbreak was upon us.

I'd take a bag and probably quietly start packing. A few sets of clothes, canned food, utensils, a water proof flashlight, whatever medical supplies I could find. I'd dress light, but fully covered (I need to get cargo pants, I only have Jeans), and a hoodie.

Finally, for weaponry I'd only really have what I can find in the kitchen and in the laundry. When I leave I could probably make a dash for my dad's tools sitting just outside the back door. He's a panel beater, so he has a lot of handy tools lying around. I'd probably want to pack a screw driver or two anyway.

Now before I said I could assume that everyone would probably head for the mall. So if I wanted to find my friends, I'd have to head there and figure it out.

Now we have cars. Several in fact. My dad's a panel beater after all. So I'd probably be able to get a set of keys for one of the cars. But that's not always the case. Actually two of the cars sitting outside aren't in a drivable condition. Let's assume my dad's taken the only drivable car and I have to walk.

From where I live, I have probably three or four routes to get out of my street and on the road towards anywhere. I can leave my street and head either left or right, it's a circuit that ends on the main road at either end. Going to the left would be the quickest by far. There's also the Golf Course to the left of my house, which I could hop a fence or two to get into, which might be an even safer way onto the main road.

The main road in my town, Helensvale, is a long, two way drive called 'Discovery Drive'. Jogging, you could probably get from one end to the other in about half and hour to 40 minutes. I live halfway down this road, so I have a few options. At one end of the road is the High School I both graduated at, and now work at as an IT helpdesk worker. Directly across from where I'd come out onto Discovery Drive is the Primary school I graduated from, and a small collection of shops including a convenience store, hair dresser, real estate, computer store and repair shop and a medical center.

At the very opposite end of this road is a Westfield Shopping Mall, a petrol station and another smaller shopping mall. As well as another medical center, pharmacy and the like.

The first thing I'd do is head over to the convenience store. I have plenty of money, and maybe by this time business could still be operating, despite what's been happening all over. If the store's been abandoned, it would probably also be locked up. I have no doubt that zombies could be crawling the streets, but there'd also be a few people like me getting about, and we'd all probably want to get in for supplies. The biggest concern I would have is that breaking in would set off an alarm, and probably attract a horde of zombies, so I would only risk it if it was already broken into.

Heck, I probably wouldn't approach if there were too many people.

That's the problem with trying to hide in a school. They'd probably set off alarms to go into lockdown, and then zombies would be drawn to them.

No, I'd probably have to head for Westfield mall.

I'd book it as fast as I could, hopefully meeting people along the way to keep safe, and make it there. I would assume that the place would be abuzz with people all worried and scared. I'd try and assess the situation, see if I can find people who might know if the authorities are coming to either evacuate us or protect us.

I'd also look around for people I know. As in the people who I know would stick with me. I know a couple of people who live near me that play smash with me, and I'd probably prefer to stick with them over anyone else (Barring my family of course). Or anyone with a car.

I'd try and find maps, some markers and binoculars. I'd take those items and head as high up as I can. Get out onto the roof of the mall and use my binoculars to scope out all the possible ways away from the mall, and mark the safest routes on said map.

The problem is, is that you don't know if the military is just going to roll in and set up base camp at your mall. They might rolled by the zombies, they might not have enough resources to protect us sufficiently.

The nearest police station is in Coomera, which would be a 4 hour jog/20-25 minute drive in the other direction, or we could risk a train ride. Their cop shop would probably want to try and protect people in their immediate area, so I couldn't assume support from a majority of them.

Right across from westfield though is a fire station, so they might be of some help, but again, it's not a hugely sufficient force.

No, if even ONE zombie got in, people would panic and a chain reaction could happen, people could start breaking down barricades to get out, only to let a mass wave of them in. Hell people could be bitten and infected as we stayed INSIDE the mall, and turn and start infecting others.

There'd be waaay too many people, and if even one of them was infected, I'd be booking right out of there before anything happened. I'd take a group of maybe four-five people I knew who lived locally and get out of there within a few hours and head back into town, find a house that sat between the main road and the golf course, and just wait it out.

We'd barricade everything. In fact, we'd probably take hammers and nails from Westfield and boarder ourselves up. Then we'd wait it out. I'd probably have taken my mobile internet and laptop with me, so I'd be able to keep up to date with what's happening. I'd even turn on the TV in a room with no windows with the volume so low you'd have to be right next to it and watch for updates.

The radio would probably be an even better option, as local radio stations would probably be employed to keep track of the movements of authorities, and call out to people in hiding to come to designated pickup spots for protection by the army.

I guess assuming that the army was coming, we'd then have to make a dash for the extraction point, wherever it may be. A car would be easy, but on foot would be tough going, especially if it's days before the army calls in.

In a place as sporadic as Australia it might be hard to rely on the army to mobilize everywhere, so we'd have to prepare to dig deep and settle in for a long haul. Research ways to prolong the life of food, pray that the water resources are being secured, as well as electricity.

We'd also have to wait out the days in as quiet a way as possible. We wouldn't want to attract other survivors to us, or the zombies for that matter. AND mostly importantly, we'd have to find ways to arm ourselves.

I could go on forever about it I think. Thinking about what we'd do for water, securing extra food and whatnot. I've tried to think about this in such a way that it accounts for things going wrong.

Everybody says they're going to hole up inside a mall, but, I don't think it's quite that simple at all. Unless there's only a few people there, I wouldn't stick around. If there was only a few people, I think we'd be able to barricade it off and hole up.

lol, what a long post.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'd rather be alive than become a Zombie....

Edit: Good **** Vyse. That was fun to read. ^_^

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Okay, they can see. But they PRIMARILY detect prey by sound or smell. Their eyesight is pisspoor.

Also, Handcannons are awesome. Just make sure you don't become a JILL SANDWICH.
There is no way to tell how a zombie can detect anything, because none of their organs work. If you touch one it can feel it, but their nervous system doesn't work, everything about them is dead.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh, the only thing I need to add to that epic post is that when extracted, I'd begin to form long term survival plans and team up with Mic_128.

Even though we live on opposite ends of the country.

slave1

Smash Lord
Everybody says they're going to hole up inside a mall, but, I don't think it's quite that simple at all. Unless there's only a few people there, I wouldn't stick around. If there was only a few people, I think we'd be able to barricade it off and hole up.
chu dat. i would avoid malls too. but always have a back up escape plan

if i am not mistaken Australia has a lot of fences that stretch on for miles. and i bet most if not all have barbed wire. that would be a huge advantage. quite a bit of them would get stuck within these things. so it might contain the spread by some.

and Eor has a point

their sensory system, would be messed up. dont assume be safe

Darkslash

Smash Master
Aren't the Australians marksmen? Surely you can head shot a large ammount of slow moving object :laugh:

That said, the Canucks must be experts at Melee combat :laugh:

Now does any one know how to make a BOB(bug out bag)?

slave1

Smash Lord
Now does any one know how to make a BOB(bug out bag)?
whats a BOB? is this some sort of thing if you are super scared and you stick your head in the bag till you:
A: die to the lack of oxygen
B: scream obscenities and hope and plead that your problems go away. then it bursts through your front window and kills you while you hide within your bag.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Wow, Vyse has it DOWN. Though you really shouldn't wait it out- zombies don't need ANY sustenance to survive, the whole "need of brains to live" is a lie. And the selfish government pigs are likely evacuating everyone in the local area and leaving roughly 94% of the country to die.

Worse yet, some zombies could be capable of EXTENSIVE evolution. Like, they grow blades on their arms and stuff.

Another fun idea- you say there's a golf course near you? Dig. Make underground escape tunnels and cover up the entrances, then create signs to signal the survivors to that point. Zombies don't have the intelligence to uncover obstacles, and if you dig enough, you could be able to create a small, yet limited, sleeping space.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I would take what I learned from Plants vs Zombies. Plant the **** out of my front, back yard, and roof with pea-shooting peashooters, carnivorous plants, potato mines, and walnuts.

Let's see them get through that.

Stack It Up

Smash Rookie
this thread is still alive? lool.

zombie movies are too goodz. i remember watching a few, and they scared the **** outta me. :dizzy:

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
I would skip around carelessly whilst taking pity on all those poor unfortunate souls who unlike myself have brains of which the hungry Zombies want.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I'd bring out my old copy of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the NES. Not even zombies can fight that piece of crap.

Even though I don't have it. THANK YOU GOD.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Sharpen my Katana and get ready to FIGHT.

Like Ike says: Prepare yourself!
And that's what I'm gonna do. I fight for my friends. Unless they're zombies.

Top Bottom