• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would you change?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I've been wondering, if melee could be hacked same way that brawl can be, how would Roy be improved? I love playing with Roy but sometimes it just pisses me off to see how much better other characters are, like how easy it is to combo him and how freaking hard it is to combo WITH him, Roy has many issues lol. If there's one thing I would change it would be his fsmash, I would make it alot faster, that would be a HUGE improvement imo. I also would like him to be a bit faster, espeacially his shffl, he should be heavier too and finally, I would add a alot off hitstun to his attacks. Sometimes I also wish his wd was longer like Marths...

But yeah, I'm getting really carried away with all this, but if YOU could change him, what changes would you make to make him a better character?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Give him Fox's sine, Falco's laser, Jigg's recovery, Boozer's weight, Marth's range, Peach's D-smash, Fox's U-smash, Fox's U-air, Shiek's CGs, Marth's disjointed hitboxes, Ganon's dair, and Pichu's taunt.

EDIT: Pichu's taunts

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Maybe you should just do this the ice climbers with luigi's wd, falcons run marth's fair roy's d-tilt and a wall jump. I think that's WAY better. oh and marth's grab range

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
hell yes (though personally I use soldier, and sometimes spy).

what he should get: heavier, tippers, floatier, faster up-B, spammable fairs, dair spike, overall faster and more powerful moves (AKA Marth)

what I would like: heavier, dair spike, and some actual hitsun.

..and a female hooker medic. or any female hooker class for that matter.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Lower his hitstun modifier so he can't be chaingrabbed by every character. Make Blazer a great OOS option, either by reducing the land lag, increasing the knockback and stun, or both. Screw giving his sourspot aerials any stun, give his sweetspot aerials tons of stun. Flare Blade needs more horizontal knockback on 0 charge. Make his meteor smashes actual spikes, they're hard enough to do as is to still make them nearly worthless if they were spikes.

That's about all I'd change, a few small things here and there, but I think it would balance him out much better without affecting how he's played whatsoever.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Give him Marth's sweetspots for a few of his moves and I'd be happy.

Make reverse Up B strong enough to kill Jiggs regardless of DI on DL64 too :D

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I'd make his horizontal distance on the blazer a little farther. Next I'd add more hitstun to his ground sweet spot attacks (dtilt, utilt), this would possibly make dtilt able to juggle done correctly. Meteor smashes become spikes, increase the size of roy's armpit hitbox slightly, the DED spike shouldn't ever hit up. More later maybe.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i think i would change a few things so he doesnt look like the 1% accident between a condom and the pill.

down b comes out slightly faster
aerials as much knockback/damage as marths
ftilt as much knockback/damage as marths
uptilt as much knockback/damage as marth
up b slightly faster come out lag
dairs has a spike
dairs spiking swtspt bigger(not as big as marf)
fsmash does 2% more damage, both charge and uncharged, although same frames
upsmash cant be SDIed out of.

thats it i think

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
everything needs more hitstun
heavier
fall even faster!
extend recovery
side-b stall becomes useful
up-tilt needs less lag so we can juggle
counter alsways has invisible ceiling

most important of all though
reverse blazer OHKOs everyone not just jiggs

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
these are all too long. here's two things that alone could bring his tier place up to the mids at least.

first hit of DED actually gains verticle distance with good DI and doesn't get worse (AKA Puff's side-B)
Down-B was a spammy projectile.

and that's all you need. but I wouldn't mind the female soldier or medic either.

Top Bottom