• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will you miss the most?

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
For those planning on leaving the Brawl scene, or for those who agree with the general consensus that the game will die out to side tournament status in the next year or two, what will you miss about Brawl? Surely even the most cynical of anti-Brawl Smashers will find something worth missing here

I for one, will miss the way Pikachu played. His Quick Attack Cancel, his Thunder's insanely diverse utility, his grappling game, all of it was just so fun, and Brawl Pikachu is hands down my favorite character in any Smash game to date in terms of gameplay. I'm really gonna miss the guy in his current state, he's just way too fun!

I suppose I'll also miss Snake, seeing as he was the first character I mained and tried to get good with. His playstyle was/is insanely fun, and from the looks of it he'll remain the only Smash character with that unique playstyle. Unless he ends up being DLC, looks like I'm gonna have to wave goodbye to him as well

Spirst

The memories attached to it, I suppose. I'm in my second year of college now so that means I was only in middle school when Brawl was initially released. I remember playing it 24/7 with my middle school friends who I no longer have contact with anymore. That, and all those mornings I would check online for people to play and the nights I would spend here on Smashboards reading through tons of posts. The game was around at a fairly big turning point in my life so I'll always have that sentiment attached to it.

I'm sure I'll have a lot more memories when Sm4sh is released so I'm not really sad or anything.

I'll also miss some of the characters like PT and Snake as well. It was a lot of fun using Pokemon Trainer and constantly fighting an uphill battle.

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Nostalgic memories of course, even of playing SSE for the first time. Will definitely miss some of the musics in this game though, really hopeful that Smash 4 delivers as good or better in that department.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I'll surely miss Snake, Sonic's old look, and a few techniques such as pivot Smashes. I'd say I'd miss the memories and pre-game hype, but those are never truely lost, now are they?

shapular

Smash Ace
I'll miss Lucas. He was my main for the first two weeks of the game, until I unlocked G&W. I rarely use him anymore but he's still fun. Wolf too, I guess.

Definitely not Snake or ICs though.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Brawl was the first game I truly felt hype for prerelease. I spent so much time discussing dream rosters and stages and all that nonsense. Even though nowadays I may not think it's that great, I still spent countless hours unlocking everything, and as a kid that game was near perfect.

I think what I'll miss most are Mario's hyperrealistic overalls.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I won't miss anything because I'll probably still play it occasionally. Or Project M. Definitely Project M.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I will miss Wolf, and maybe a type of Adventure mode, should the Wii U version really not have one. Other than that, pretty much nothing.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
snake.... and all the other cuts as well
I'll miss the cut scenes in SSE, even though I didn't understand the story until reading it up online, they were awesome to watch.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Tripping :troll:

Seriously, all the cuts, the hacking, the adventure mode, the stage builder.

Though looking back I really hope the gamecube controller adapter for the wii U comes with a software patch that makes the wii U read gamecube games. Then, I will throw more money at Nintendo in gratitude.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Solid Snake.

The "epic" feeling the game had. When I first played it I was like "This is the final game ever."

Solid Snake.

Although I think the SSE getting removed is a good thing, I do think that all the cutscenes from it are amazing. It was definitely something the series had to have at least once.

Solid Snake.

Down grab shenanigans with Solid Snake.

C4 shenanigans with Solid Snake.

Solid Snake.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Boss Battles Mode, Ah yes me and that mode are real good friends. (enemies)

And also the nostalgic online mode with others i used to play with, I'm never going to get to explore my Friends list again without hacking.

Everything fascinated me when i first played this, Best Christmas Gift i've gotten regarding video-games.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
My man Wolf. It took me a solid week of playing every character to find a suitable main to replace Mewtwo, and now he's gone too. Ah, Wolf. A character I was both a fan of and comfortable with his playstyle.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
All the silly moments with Free For Alls and items. But at least a lot of those kind of things have been uploaded to YouTube.

Nald

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5129-1580-3523
I will miss many things I loved in Brawl. I'm not just talking about the Ice Climbers, my secondary main, but also about many other things. Crazy as it might sound, I actually liked the Subspace Emissary; all those characters, interacting with each other, those silly scenes between my favourite Nintendo characters...it was funny. It really was.

And the Stage Builder? Sure, it was almost bare-bone, but stages created from that tool could still give you more than one laugh.

Dedede's Final Smash was ridiculous, but in a good way. A big gay dance and you enemies were history! And, well, the Negative Zone. Negative Zone was crazy.

Brawl will still keep a little place in my gamer's heart, just like his older brother, Melee, did.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Lucas.:sadeyes: And Mother 3 content in general. SSB4 seems to want to cover up its existence outside of two trophies. I'm glad Mother 1 is getting some much overdue love, but it still makes me sad.

Also, Ice Climbers. They were another favorite of mine and just so fun to use and just cute.

While I have mixed feelings on SSE, I'm sad at the lack of any cool cutscenes (from what I've seen) or even an adventure mode like Melees. Smash Run looks okay, but it's not the same.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
Lucas, ICs, Ivysaur, and the feelz. My first Smash game, and that one night in late December where my friend pushed me to be Lucas against Galleom (12/28?/12) because he wanted to use Pokemon Trainer, which was the night I found my main. The Wiimote and Nunchuk, the countless sleepless hours I spent looking up guides and playing and doing all of that crap while "sleeping" in the living room. Creating tags based on the main character (or my favorite) of another game I was playing at the time, and the awkward feeling of getting your first game in a series that has been out for 4 years. But I still love it more than Melee, so yea.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I'll miss my casual Brawl days honestly, when it didn't matter what happened because it was just for fun. Now its all serious and junk :/

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Subspace Emissary. I always liked games with a "story" mode.

Also Wolf and Snake. I kicked a lot of ass with them.

Good-bye to you o'"easiest-dash-attack-canceled-upsmash".
Good-bye to you o'pineapples.
Good-bye to you o'"disjoint-that-makes-no-sense-tilts".
Good-bye to you o'box.
Good-bye to you o'butterfly sticker.
Good-bye to you o'infinite ammo head piece.
Good-bye to you o'sleep throw.

But, can you guess who I will miss most of all?

Good-bye to you o'Snake.

Snake?
SNAKE!?!
SSSSNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I'm gonna miss all my nostalgic memories with Brawl... Was only 10 when the game came out (I got it day 1 lol), and now I'm 16, lol. In fact, some even call me one of, if not, THE best Ness in Canada (which I'm accepting loosely though since I'm primarily an online player, plus I never played Red X :p).

There were also the SSE cutscenes I loved. My 2 favorites ones are when Galleom SDs, but Lucas uses PKT to escape his grip and then Meta Knight saves him and PT. Then PT and Lucas shake hands... made me cry. There was also the funny one when Fox & Sheik clash, and Peach randomly has a cup of tea ready. XD

I had a TON of characters back then too; Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Lucas (the first newcomer I picked up and loved), Ness (after 3 years of Brawling, my true main now!), PT (I could never use Charizard for being so heavy though lol), ICs (no I wasn't a chaingrabber lol, they were my go-to characters for Solo modes like boss fights and whatever back then), Toon Link, Olimar and Kirby. I also developed a love for Fox & Wolf as I kept Brawling cause for some reason I found those MUs so fun (and partially cause I am a furry xD).

I played on Wi-Fi a LOT. Have so many good memories there and learned quite a bit from it... And this combo vid I put together. :D

In terms of my main changes, I'm REALLY missing Ness' Dair, the ability to stall with his PSI Magnet upon descending and the hitboxes upon charging the Yo-Yos.

I'm gonna miss my dear Lucas, Wolf and ICs so much though. In my heart's the memory... [cries] :c
Dammit Wolf should've been in Smash 4, he makes a much more attractive pairing with Fox too. ;P

I did also end up compiling all my Brawl Data together as well. Almost 2000 hours of play time and 2000 times turned on... 6 years well spent. <3

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
If I'm going to miss anything, I'll miss getting collectable stuff (I'm still getting music to this day even though I've had this when it was new). I'll miss Snake. Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Lucas I won't miss. I felt like they are getting more attention ever since they didn't make it in smash 4 (then again I never joined the forums during brawl's era). What I will miss the most is the bosses and subspace. The adventure mode was a huge step forward imo than melee. The cut scenes and levels were fun with the exception of the great maze. I will miss the cut scene of the smash fighters working together to get in subspace and fight tabuu. A lot I'll miss, but I'm more than happy with smash 4 3ds already. I probably won't come back when the wii U version is out unless I want to play adventure mode again. My farewell to brawl is coming short but it will never be forgotten with my experience with the game.

Last edited:

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
What I miss is pretty much what the majority of you already miss.
Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers being cut.
SSE's idea and cutscenes, though the levels I didn't think stand out aside from Great Maze can just screw off somewhere.
Boss battles though I do hope that Tower of Smash rumor is true.
And I think that about covers me.

Gonna admit I wasn't a big fan of Snake in Brawl kinda due to me not being huge on MGS. I mean I am fairly aware of MGS now but Snakes placement still doesn't really sit well to me. I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of the Pokemon Trainer, I mean I liked Ivysaur's moveset but I didn't like how I couldn't just be Ivysaur.

Not gonna say I had a lot of memories with Brawl as I really only got a Wii on my birthday 2010 which even then I didn't get Brawl until sometime after Boxing Day, but I can respect the fan service and good times it offered to a lot.

EDIT: I could give or take the meta, at least I can handle Kirby-esque control and some other stuff compared to my botch attempts at wavedashing.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Gonna miss everything. The nostalgic feeling, the memories of first entering the CSS, the music, the Stage Builder, my pictures, my replays, and Subspace Emisarry (og god, Subspace Emisarry!! What a fantastic mode!). Brawl wasn't very competitive, but it sure was fantastic. Maybe I will come back to it now and then after Smash U is out.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
Wolf, Brawl Falco, Brawl Kirby, Brawl Pikachu (best iteration by far), Snake, Subspace Emmisary, hell I'll miss almost everything from Brawl, its a wonderful game. I'll contiue playing it casually every now and again but I don't think I'll touch the competitive meta for Brawl ever again outside of maybe majors like APEX

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'll miss my casual Brawl days honestly, when it didn't matter what happened because it was just for fun. Now its all serious and junk :/
Ah, indeed, this sentiment is super true. Back when I got this game I wasn't on these boards or anything, it wasn't as serious as it was now. I think when Melee got big a lot of things about how people played Smash changed.....

Not that it's a bad thing but, it's certainly visible.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Well I certainly won't miss tripping.

However I will miss a lot. Especially the characters that were cut in the transition from Brawl to Smash 4. Possibly a few stages that are being cut. The Subspace Emissary was amazing and I'll miss that too.

Top Bottom