• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will you miss the most?

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Probably just my experience with Brawl. It wasn't my first Smash, Melee was. But I was just amazed with how much was in the game. And SSE really was cool to see the first time

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Pikachu's Chain Grabs (Espically zero to death on Fox and Wolf), QAC, and his Orginal Thunder.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
The sound effects of Ike's sword. Now they sound like... slaps. :(

I'm also going to miss his F-air, and his ability to grab ledges backwards with Aether.

^-^

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Speaking of sound effects...

The car sound Din's Fire makes kind of bothers me.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I'm going to miss all you guys because I'm going to keep playing Brawl. All alone...

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
I don't miss Brawl because it never really clicked with me, I beat SSE and just didn't feel like playing it much anymore. I do miss own some of the games I bought because of Brawl like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Playing that game was the best thing to come out of Brawl for me.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
After playing a lot of Smash 4 I can say these are the things I miss from Brawl:

-a story mode in SSE; Smash Run is almost a good replacement but Smash Tour is just not worth the slot it occupies on the main menu
-several top tiers from Brawl not being nearly as good (Meta Knight deserved what he got even though I loved him, but Falco and Marth didn't deserve how hard they got hit, same for other characters who got nerfed for little reason and weren't even top tier like Game & Watch)
-more set pieces from the Stage Builder being available; Brawl had a lot to work with, SSB4 has very little by comparison
-Classic mode is kinda meh in Smash WiiU (it's a bit better in Smash 3DS IMO where you can pick to just fight Master Hand instead of being forced into whatever combo of Master/Crazy you get based on difficulty
-a couple specific stages, but for the most part most of the best ones were brought back either on 3DS or WiiU

For these reasons I may go back to check out Brawl's stuff at some point, but probably only to have a retrospective of how every Smash compares to one another. In every important aspect, Smash 4 trounces Brawl.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
-How much of a pain in the *** Marth and Falco were when I fought against them but still had a blast with them; they're still great fighters though. I'm not surprised about Meta Knight at all because he really deserved those nerfs.
-Snake and Wolf sitting on the bench from Smash 4. It would be nice if those two made their return as DLC characters, otherwise I miss them nonetheless. I don't care about Lucas and the Ice Climbers.
-I actually prefer this games Classic Mode and the 3DS version over the Wii U version, which was pretty much of a letdown.
-Boss Battle mode. I do enjoy the stage bosses in Smash 4, though.

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Okay, complete list:

Olimar's other 3 pikmin (Imaging 48 pikmin on 8 player smash)
Peach being fun to play and really technical compared to all the other smash games.
I miss ice climbers, they added a really fun and different element to the game. I don't care if they can 0-death you; if you get
0-death'd you mad a mistake somewhere so you deserved it. They made playing aggressive challenging in melee, and added a new definition to the word "safe" in brawl.
Marth's Glide toss
Spacie voice acting :(
I will also miss playing with people. No-one want's to pay brawl.

Top Bottom