• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the first game you played, and at what age?

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Must have been some games from the Atari 2600 when I was like 4, that console was already old but man those games were great.

I remember an helicopter and Empire Strikes Back.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
The first game I owned was Mario/Duck Hunt on my NES. We got Zelda shortly after, and Excitebike.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't exactly know which game I played first, but I had to be at least two or three. Most likely SMB or Duckhunt. I remember the first game that I beat was Kirby's Adventure for the NES.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Super Mario World. 5 years old. I saw my brothers play Pitfall! and the original Mario Bros, but never got to play those games (*******s). They handed me a controller that was disconnected everytime and I was too young to tell the difference, so it doesn't count. :)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Super Mario 64 when I was like... two or something. It was either that or Waveracer 64.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Wow. Tough to remember...
I'm pretty sure the first game I ever played was Super Mario All Stars when I had just turned four. My Dad got my brother (6 at the time) and I a SNES with that game, Super Mario World, and some golf game I sold ages ago. Super Mario World was the first game I had ever beaten if I recall correctly.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
The first game I actually played was Super Return of the Jedi on the Super NES. Yes, I was a byproduct of the 90's. But I remember my mom played Super Mario Bros. a lot when I was too little to understand.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Super Mario Bros. (the one with Nintendo World Cup and Tetris) ^^ At age 4/5 or so, don't really remember, except that I always played the games with my mom :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It was a Sonic 1 on the sega and im not sure how old I was. But I know my first word seriously was SEGA lol. I said it in the way it says it at the beginning of the sonic games when you turn them on lol. Seems I was destined to play games.

D13

Smash Ace
I'm probably remembering this all wrong, but I think it was Super Mario Bros. for NES when I was maybe 5.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Errr, I think it was metroid, or pacman, or super mario 3, or 1, I cant remember which of of those, I was 4 I believe.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
For me it was LoadRunner on the an imitation console of NESS!
I was about 5-6 I believe! I was playing it with my sister and it took us about a month to complete!

For those of you not knowing LoadRunner he is a lil man opening holes in the ground timing it right so they close to squash the fallen enemies before they get out! He is also some kind of pre eevolved Bomberman!
Cause in the finishing sequence you get to see him evolving into Bomberman!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
For me it was the Lion King game on Gameboy when I was 4.

mallows

Smash Rookie
First game i ever played was Super Mario Bros. in a family computer When i was still i think about 5 years old. Really enjoyed the game. Now only have a little time playing and never been lucky with finding any installer of the new Mario game. :urg:

spindash

Smash Ace
Sonic the Hedgehog. 1991 when it was first out. I was 2 years old and running through loops.

Once a die-hard fan, always a die-hard fan. From the very beginning. ♥

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
SMB ( 4 -5 ?) but shortly after I got the SNES and beat SMW (the first game I beat, the badness of bowser in his clown copper thing and his sons/daughter was amazing). I beat SMB shortly after which was also really fun.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Duck Hunt for the NES, and I was so young, I honestly can't even remember when exactly I started; possibly around 4-5.

Top Bottom