• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was the balance philosophy behind Mewtwo? Nothing makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am beginning to see he's actually viable to yes, but he has extremely bad matchups against Top Tiers especially so that will severly limit Mewtwo eventually. He has glaring weaknesses added, amongst buffs which where heavily needed. Which I don't quite understand, cause they got the exact right thing in mind when buffing certain characters as :4bowser::4falcon::4mario::4luigi::4ness::4ganondorf::4link:. And that's actually quite frustrating, cause Mewtwo would've been so much better if he had just a little added grab range and weight.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Which I don't quite understand, cause they got the exact right thing in mind when buffing certain characters as :4bowser::4falcon::4mario::4luigi::4ness::4ganondorf::4link:
I can assure you that Sakurai hates Link and is actively trying to make him worse and worse in each "balance" patch. The way he nerfed Link's jab 1 is just diabolical.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can assure you that Sakurai hates Link and is actively trying to make him worse and worse in each "balance" patch. The way he nerfed Link's jab 1 is just diabolical.
True but he's still leagues ahead of Brawl Link...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd say to blame all those For Glory scrubs who always cry over Link's projectiles, but the fact that it wasn't his projectiles that got nerfed is just plain odd.

godogod

Smash Ace
Are there needed buffs we can ALL agree with? Ones without a doubt?

Weight.
Up air, back air, and up tilt fixing their animation/hitxboxes to make them easier to hit.
Down smash having a bigger hitbox, particularly against rolelrs.
Confusion. Change hitbox or faster start up.
-overall faster tail attacks(particuarly forward and up tilt, and back air)

Personally I think forward smash shouldn't whiff at point blank. I don't know why people actually think there's no problem with this.
Also, I think Shadowball needs another buff, like damaging opponents while charging.

I know I don't have everything covered.

Also, assuming we have a patch, how do you think Sakurai will balance him? I don't know if I'll be more surprised if he does or doesn't change his weight. At the most so far, sakurai has changed damage values, knockback, and frames. But not an attribute like dash speed, air speed, or weight, IIRC. IF he DOES get a weight buff, I can see it come back to Melee weight. I'd love Mewtwo to be buffed as average weight(95-100) or light heavy, but I don't ever see it happening.

I DO see Mewtwo getting some damage buffs on some of his tail attacks maybe, and less whiffs for some moves(very likely).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And Sheik is lightyears beyond the rest of the Zelda cast.
Sadly yeah... But this has always been the case. Except for Brawl, where Toon Link was slightly better than Sheik. I still think Toon Link is a legit character this time to, but nowhere near Sheik level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom