• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What video games touched your life most?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The smash games, more so the community :) opened my mind to different ways of thinking, and how deep one can get into a game.

Pokemon

:phone:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a few but to keep the list for, here are my top 5:

Super Mario Bros. 3 (what started it all)

Mega Man (what got into drawing and art)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (i was amazed from start to finish. I brought a whole new realm of 3D to me)

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature (I played that **** for years and got into growing vegetables because of it.)

Tales of Symphonia (got me through some hard times during college such as unemployment, a break up, and the death of a good friend)

So yeah, I have yet to find another game that has affected me deeply as these five. Recently though, Skyrim has been pretty influential so I would put that as number 6.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I'm a little surprised some of SWF's more cynical member's having mentioned anything like "lol games changing lives lolnerds" ^^;

...For me... There's two games on my list. If there were a lot, well, it would kind of lessen the effect, as it were.

...Paper Mario 64... Some of the fondest and only memories of my childhood are playing that game. I really love it. Playing it never gets old...

And, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. The story and ending deeply... touched me. A game's storyline actually... touched me. I felt real emotion. I felt deep, deep sadness at the ending - and then I was so happy when the main character finally did come back, after the game keeps you guessing. The same deal, but even more, at the end of the Grovyle/Dusknoir chapter in Sky... It... It... ;-;

An honorable mention is, believe it or not, the DS version of CoD4. It's what kept me busy for two weeks when my dad was in the hospital in '09. ^^;

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm just gonna go with games that have actually had a change in my lifestyle or beliefs.

MGS2: The reason being that it got me into "conspiracy theories" in regards to how the government is operated, and it actually led me down a path of investigating (some for fun, some true, some myth) in regards to corruption in society.

Brawl: Well, Melee was competitive, but by the time I found out about it, it was too late for me. Brawl has definitely took away plenty of hours from my life.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I started playing video games since I was three, and the first time I touched the game boy, I was trying out Pokemon.

Now, I'm a huge nerd of Pokemon. Hrmm... This is okay. :grin:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Games are art. Idk why roger ebert would say such a silly thing as that.
Do you actually know idea why or are you just saying things to say them? I mean, you might as well say "idk why some people are racist, idk why some people commit ****."

IDK why you post derpy.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
In my opinion, I just think that in order to make a game happens, one must not only develop things.
They have to do concept arts and such in order to make them appar in a video game.

Not to mention that it's creative.

Derpy♂

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
In my opinion, I just think that in order to make a game happens, one must not only develop things.
They have to do concept arts and such in order to make them appar the in a video game.

Derpy♂
What are you even trying to say?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I can't even type things right. Look, video games are creative.
They're more of a computer generated kind of Art when it comes to 3D objects and characters.
There's concept for it in order to help out the developers on what they should do.

They're more of a expression in culture.

Derpy♂

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
They have to do concept arts and such in order to make them appar in a video game.

Derpy♂
This may be the worst defense of games as an art form that I've ever I don't even where is this sentence.

Games can express important themes and ideas and can evoke emotions in its audience, thus they can be seen as "art". See, it's easy.

GUESS YOU JUST WEREN'T READY BROTHER DUDEJACK NI-

Sarix

Smash Ace
I believe games can be art, and lolololol we're on a vidja gam forum we're all fackin nerds.
Actually games are legally considered a form of art by the Supreme Court. Two lawyers got an award at GDC this year for fighting for it.

Games that touched me the most were Majora's Mask (god I love that game), Skies of Arcadia (which sadly no one knows), & FFIX (in my opinion the best one).

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Mmm, Ocarina of Time mainly. Then again, most Zelda games fall into that category since the original Legend of Zelda on the NES was the first game I ever played. I played it with my dad when I was about 4 years old. Sucks that I can only hardly remember it, though. I do remember we lent the game to one of my brother's friends and he ended up erasing our file somehow. Same deal with Super Mario Bros 3, played that one all the time, too.

I also love Star Fox 64, and it still remains my favorite game.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
vanilla Street Fighter II (my first fighter)

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (my introduction to the Zelda series. Awesome)

Final Fantasy VI (my first RPG, and my introduction to the Final Fantasy series. Awesome. Still my favorite FF game)

007: GoldenEye (my first FPS game)

Diablo II (my first online game. Holy **** did this game devour my life for almost a decade. Good times)

Super Smash Brothers: Melee (my first competitive scene. Spent many hours playing this game with my buddy before he went into the USAF)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (my introduction to the Elder Scrolls series. Awesome)

Tales of Symphonia (my introduction to the Tales series. Awesome)

Dragon Age: Origins (the voice acting in this game blew me away. Really these actors deserve to be more famous)

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (current drain on my time :p)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Daikatana.

John Romero made me his ***** because of that

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Majora's Mask and the pokemon series have fueled thousands of hours of escapism for me (when I'm not playing them that is) since I was a kid. I've used the Mario series more recently but to the extent of the former two.

:phone:

Top Bottom