• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

urfat

Smash Cadet
i am competitive...online, i used to do online tourneys here and there, but i don't want to blow my life off due to a fanboy obsession with mastering all the advanced techniques ;D ...also I LIKE taunt parties so i guess im a fun kind of smasher

themonkeyking74

Smash Rookie
I dont care

personally i can play anyway i like items cause playin purist all the time gets boring but i play in tournaments as well and with certain characters i am trying to get better:)
so i guess im compettitive/casual but my competitive my side only shows when money is involved but otherwise id fight metaknight with bowser for all i care

BurningSoul

Smash Cadet
I'm somewhere in between competitive and casual. My main motivator for playing Smash is to have fun, but there are times where I do take the game seriously. And I don't participate in tournaments very often because I never find the opportunity to do so.

Michel Jhon

Smash Rookie
I'd ask the man to pay.
I'd wash dishes. It wouldn't be right to make this nice guy pay for how much I eat.
What do you mean "Have no money"? I still have the guy's walle.

Shadow01192

Smash Rookie
Im a hard-core/Casual. I enjoy throwing pitfall around while pokemon run rampant but I also enjoy learning all the cool little things zelda/sheik can do and getting better with them. Note that Ive been zelda/sheik since Melee first came out, no knowledge of the Tiers, I just enjoyed them and still do.

McSquigglez

Smash Rookie
I'd say I'm hardcore competitive. I constantly strive to get better, have pro's tutor me, and hope to one day compete in competition. My hardcore status comes from growing up with SSB. We started out with the N64 version, and I loved it to death, still play it today. Melee came out, didn't have a game cube, played it at my friends alot. Brawl came out, didn't have a Wii, same as the game cube. But now finally got a Wii, playing brawl and trying to get melee. Can't wait

triforcewarrior

Smash Rookie
agree

i consider my self a more casual smasher but getting into a hardcore one i am entering my first tornament soon so i can see where i stack up and where i need improvement but i like free for all and i like 1 on 1 but you have to have ballance

B.Link

Smash Cadet
i consider my self a more casual smasher but getting into a hardcore one i am entering my first tornament soon so i can see where i stack up and where i need improvement but i like free for all and i like 1 on 1 but you have to have ballance
I agree man same here i'm also getting into being a hardcore smasher =]

kbear

Smash Cadet
I gotta say, I'm most definitely a competitive smasher, seeing as I really don't like losing. I've never really got the chance to play outside my local area, and I feel that I have room to expand my horizon.

jenygs09

Smash Rookie
Good, stay that way. XD
Because competivie Smash is a is a way of life....meet new peolple, play different people, and something really fun.....meet your rivals. :)
Congrats to James Cameron. It was such a great movie and in IMAX 3D it was even better.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Softcore... I wanna play at a competitive level but don't have a solid competition means.. (feel free to PM me if youre near Portsmouth and wanna play @_@;)

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
i would classify myself as a casual smasher. I only play smash at weekends or when I have vacation. I'm also trying to get much better at the game

D

Deleted member

I am a competitive smasher. I beat myself up a little though when I make stupid mistakes, as well as when I have a match won and then I mess up. I play almost religiously, and I thrive on battling people when the opportunity presents itself. I am a dedicated player always looking to improve.

Lucario1337

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty competitive smasher. I get mad when i dive off stage useing falco shine. His Smash B if i got name wrong. But other wise I like to play with items on medium. High is just way to many. I don't brawl on final destanation much. I Like wario ware INC. stage. Its unique and simple for stage layout except for the micro games. I usually get mad when im about to grab a ledge to recover and the stage goes to a micro game and the ledge dissapears.

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
Im competitive the way of practicing on ATs and shieldgrabbing and such, but i have hard for improving my gameplay as all of my friends are either casual or non-smashers... or even smash-haters =(

Dermy

Smash Rookie
I dress up for the occasion when playing Brawl. This is me with my super-awesome Pokemon card ready to kick some serious ***!

Knuckles_Fan

Smash Rookie
When you're against me, you're in for it. I'll just **** your **** up 'cause thats how I role.

Man, I'm cool.

Seriously though, I just try to play as tactically as possible. I'm a fan of bombs too. They're hardcore.

Top Bottom