• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

RMelee

Smash Rookie
Wow KirbyKid! I really think you have done a great job in defining to smashboards and its members what the different categories of smash are. I myself am a hardcore-competitive smasher. With Smash to the end and until I die after that!!!

McCloud Master

Smash Rookie
Hey... haven't really posted ever. So this is my first...

I guess you can call me a competitive melee player. Going to see if Brawl is a good game hopefully in a couple of months and find if I am willing to be competitive in Brawl as well. Only time will tell.

yotipo91

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-9314-9317
I'd say I'm competitive, no more, no less. The only time I would play with items is if everyone ruled me out. I love competitiveness and balanced gameplay. SSBM isn't Mario Kart where you're snaking the entire game and on the final lap you're at the finish line and you get blue shell'd.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
So many forum newcomers making this as their 1st or one of their 1st 10 posts.

Vex514

Smash Cadet
I consider myself competitive melee and brawl but I also would like to state that I'm probably just average 0-o I just like to compete and try to take the game seriously

Smash322

Smash Rookie
i think i am competetive because i always try to become better in brawl and try to improve every step of the way. i like to brawl with my friends of wifi to test my skills and also to to have fun.

also hardcore because i dont care what is wrong with smash bros. i will stick with smash because im a big fan since the N64 era.

ShoutingRyan

Smash Rookie
I'm hardcore because my favorite is always the newest. I'm casual because the items can shake things up a bit and I hate when someone picks metaknight just because they lost once with mario. I'm a pro smasher because I would play any light-fast character so well I would hold off the other 3 guys that teamed up on me with their phrase they coined up "**** the child!" for the whole match and win.

(hardcore/casual/pro)

MysteryT

Smash Rookie
I would say that I am somewhere between a Casual Smasher and a Competitive Smasher. I always play as Yoshi, and I know he is not "the best" to use in a tournament. I have no plans to enter Smash tournaments, but I do want to become better at the game. I like playing with items and in a variety of stages.

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
I'm a casual smasher who likes to play dress-up as a competitive smasher. I hate items and like the "three-stock, 8 minute, no screwy stages" rule set, but I usually don't care if I win or lose. I simply want to get better to enjoy the game more. In the end, even casual game players should at least want to get better.

P

PhantasmCancel

I'm personally a competitive Brawl player, but definitely not Hardcore, not to part of your definition. I could live with SSB. if they nerfed Marth, but if they got rid of him? I don't know what I'd do.

Shwaffles

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm sort of a competetive smasher because my friends and I always try to out do eachother and I might start going to some melee tournaments eventually.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'd have to say I'm Competitive-Hardcore. I'm not the best by any means but I'm constantly playing the game, working on combos/techniques, and trying to find other people to brawl (cuz no one that good lives near me...). I would also stick with smash no matter what it did as long as they kept the gameplay similar and didn't ditch Falco.

Abstract

Smash Cadet
o_O regular

even though i played

Ken: Evo World 2007 ( friendly ), NCT2, Champ Combo: Nor Cal ( used to much $ there :( )

Isai: Plain out got ***** ( even though he sandbagged)

&

Azen: Tournament Go 5 ( i didn't even place ) :(

Sir Gamain

Smash Rookie
Sub-casual. I haven't played in awhile but I'm looking to get back into it. Unfortunately I didn't get to play much of Brawl before my cousin dropped my Wii on the disc. . . .

At least now I have something to put on my Xmas list.

Planet Mars

Smash Cadet
I believe i'm a pro-smasher and a hardcore smasher. I'm good at the game, and i love beating my friends and random people in the most humiliating and comical manner. However, although i like competitive play, i also like fun matches (aka 99 lives all items high on Hyrule Temple) Matches like these are what make the game so much fun, and i enjoy doing those. However, although the majority of my matches were casual play which i utilized all characters, i journeyed into competitions when i realized the potential i could have With Pichu and Kirby. Both were my mains in both Melee and Brawl respectively, and i have come to be a formidable adversary with them. Again, i'm not the best, but i'm really exceptional, and i take pride in being able to share my strategies with others, and at the same time have crazy smashing fun.

Jarxo

Smash Rookie
I am a power smasher with my main, Ganondorf. But with my other options (Luigi,Ike, and D.K.) I dont rely on that as much. I use grabs with D.K. and with luigi I create combos around fireballs and his running combos. Ike i use his counter move for counters also.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
I am definately a competitive/hardcore smasher. I have not played in awhile, but I plan on getting back to the game to get better.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
this thread strives off of people with single digit post counts that have never been to a tourney but insist they are a hardcore/competitive player.
over time and much participation in the smash scene you develop the ability to analyze yourself, not after your first post.
i just dont get this thread.
care to explain?

example.
"I believe i'm a pro-smasher and a hardcore smasher. I'm good at the game, and i love beating my friends and random people in the most humiliating and comical manner."

like... wtf... no one is going to redirect these people and tell them they actually suck so they can start getting better.

whatever.
i guess im just asking for an infraction...

Top Bottom