• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
Um... whom was that 'well said' compliment directed at...? :laugh:
I've mained Yoshi in all three games. Being the same character too often becomes extremely repetitive, though, and is rather dull. Frankly, doing so is taking the game a little too seriously. I vary between about 5 different characters from time to time, and also like having 'random' battles sometimes. Playing 'random' can sometimes really show whom are the best players.

Directed to YOU!!! lol
Im still trying to find my main b/c Im good with almost everyone

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Directed to YOU!!! lol
Im still trying to find my main b/c Im good with almost everyone
Ah, well in that case, I thank you.
You don't neccessarily have to main a character. If you feel comfortable with any character, than stick with just being any character. In fact, it's probably a lot more fun that way. Don't feel pressured into finding a main just because the majority of players do. ^_^
I just find Yoshi to be an almost natural selection for me.

Conker315

Smash Lord
nicely said there toadsanime
what u said is absolutely true
just because people have mains dont mean u got to have one also hw dark link
i say u should main random ;)
lol never know who might come up..that what makes it fun

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
lol thanks XD
oh btw I just tryed Yoshi and Im kinda nasty with him lol!
But I still need to find a main b/c Im not looking to have fun Im trying to win. And to win I need to use my best character. But unfortunatlu idk who that is XD

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
nicely said there toadsanime
what u said is absolutely true
just because people have mains dont mean u got to have one also hw dark link
i say u should main random ;)
lol never know who might come up..that what makes it fun
Thank you, Conker315, much appreciated.

lol thanks XD
oh btw I just tryed Yoshi and Im kinda nasty with him lol!
But I still need to find a main b/c Im not looking to have fun Im trying to win. And to win I need to use my best character. But unfortunatlu idk who that is XD
Win what, exactly? Do you mean tournaments? I still don't feel as if maining a certain character is utterly necessary in order to win anything.
Besides, winning tournaments/matches is NOT the main goal of this game, which is often forgotten among hardcore players. The game is meant to be competitive whilst remaining fun; not stressful and serious.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
Dude I have fun through competition thats just me :p
And I was talking about CWs idk any tournment near here...
Watever thanks for the advice and I get ur point but I think Im almost done finding my mains. And to me finding ur mains is finding ur style :p
U can b REALLY good at brawl and suck with slow characters I k this b/c my master is slightly better than me with fast characters. But if we both choose slow characters than I annihilate lol. Otherwise I still choose random all the time unless Im fighting a CW :D

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Dude I have fun through competition thats just me :p
And I was talking about CWs idk any tournment near here...
Watever thanks for the advice and I get ur point but I think Im almost done finding my mains. And to me finding ur mains is finding ur style :p
U can b REALLY good at brawl and suck with slow characters I k this b/c my master is slightly better than me with fast characters. But if we both choose slow characters than I annihilate lol. Otherwise I still choose random all the time unless Im fighting a CW :D
I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound as if I was having a dig at how you enjoy playing Brawl. I was simply trying to establish my opinion. :laugh: I, too, have fun through competitiveness occasionally, but I've not ever really thought much of it if I lose. I do enjoying winning, of course, as this is only human nature. I'm just not affected if I lose. :laugh: No problem for the advice. I've known my main for several years now, considering he's been in all three games in the series. :laugh:

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
LOL XD
Ive mained Falco in Melee so Ill stick with him and some others :p Im only affected if I lose if I KNOW I can beat someone but I dont b/c of bad luck.
But if someone is clearly better than me Im not affected I keep playing to I find a strategy and win! B)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
LOL XD
Ive mained Falco in Melee so Ill stick with him and some others :p Im only affected if I lose if I KNOW I can beat someone but I dont b/c of bad luck.
But if someone is clearly better than me Im not affected I keep playing to I find a strategy and win! B)
Ah, a very noble and respectful way to play. However, I don't see how you can lose due to 'bad luck'. :laugh:

Conker315

Smash Lord
LOL XD
i would of mained random if i was you :(
see who would come up in matches..
that would so own
but falco is good
he has a chain grab and that rolling kick
easy to KO people that are coming back
also his reflector :)

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
Sure Ill main everyone...when I have no life and try and master them all XD
Tripping=Bad luck :p
forget it I was talking about the past I dont lose to bad luck anymore :p
Lag fs me up too
thats y I play locally ya! lol
unless someone has an awesome conection
Bad luck can also b accidental suicides lol
Wat I mean is that I cant possibly find every single characters combo lol

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Sure Ill main everyone...when I have no life and try and master them all XD
Tripping=Bad luck :p
forget it I was talking about the past I dont lose to bad luck anymore :p
Lag fs me up too
thats y I play locally ya! lol
unless someone has an awesome conection
Bad luck can also b accidental suicides lol
Wat I mean is that I cant possibly find every single characters combo lol
Accidental suicides are not a result of bad luck, but more so lack of concentration and recovery. Thus, if you constantly lose to someone due to this factor, you can't beat them, no matter what you think of your apparent skill.
(That's not aimed directly at you, but rather players as a whole.) :laugh:

As for mastering everyone meaning you have no life, I'm not sure where that theory came from. For the players that do master a large arrange of characters, they are probably more all-around skilled than a selection of mainer-players. :bee:
With that said, you should keep in mind that I myself am a mainer of Yoshi, and occasionally Kirby/Diddy-Kong.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
Im just saying that it would take forever to learn their combos :p
I can play good with everyone but that doesnt necesarly mean I know how to use them properly.
And I dont make recovery mistakes :p
Well with Wolf I do XD
And I dont constantly lose b/c of this problem. I used to lose online ALOT b/c of the lag of my recoveries :p
lol lets brawl sometime maybe u can find my mains :D

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Im just saying that it would take forever to learn their combos :p
I can play good with everyone but that doesnt necesarly mean I know how to use them properly.
And I dont make recovery mistakes :p
Well with Wolf I do XD
And I dont constantly lose b/c of this problem. I used to lose online ALOT b/c of the lag of my recoveries :p
lol lets brawl sometime maybe u can find my mains :D
Agreed, learning all of the character's combos would take a long time, hence why I said that very skilled players eventually manage to do it.
And I wasn't insinuating you do personally make recovery mistakes. I was rather explaining how accidental suicides don't necessarily act as an excuse for loss.
I don't consider lag issues to determine people's skills, so don't worry about that problem. I suppose that'd count as an accidental suicide, in this case.
Yes, we should Brawl sometime. It'd be interesting to try and help uncover your main for you. :laugh:

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
lol good Ill add u right now XD
We got Brawl late get over it! XD lol
KK, I'll add you ASAP. Only problem is that it's almost 11:00pm here and my parents normally kick me off of the computer/Wii at around 9:00pm. I suggest they've forgotten, but they'll remember soon.
And, yes, the UK got the game late, per usual with all games. :urg: (To be honest, this doesn't bother me much, I'm rather patient. All that bothers me are others claming they know more than us UK gamers because they got Brawl early. :mad: )

Smasha

Smash Rookie
I've played myself only two matches with anyone, but also won these two. Was playing Meta knight and the other guy Ike. Then couldn't find anyone, so i just spectated.

Johnyboy

Smash Rookie
Hardcore/Casual Smasher

I realy enjoy playing smash bros, and i have played all the games, while things changed, i still play them. I don't realy mind the changes, the game still is fun. And i usually don't play on Final Destination, but i play New Pork City or Mario Bros :laugh:

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i play competitively, i like to go by tourney rules. even though that varies, that's generally what i do. because personally, that is the most fun and fair way to play.

but i don't get mad and serious and stuff.
i actually laugh and scream a lot during matches.

zyth

Smash Lord
i'd like to say that im a hard core gamer and i try to play brawl whenever i can also the stronger my opponent the harder i play it seems. seriously

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
I'm competetive-casual. I've got an interest in getting better in the competetive scene with the MLG standards such as no-items, neutral-stages, advanced techniques, and so on, but I also have a lot of fun doing weird stuff like playing tiny melee with poison mushroom set to very high on hyrule, etc

L__

Smash Master
i'd like to say that im a hard core gamer and i try to play brawl whenever i can also the stronger my opponent the harder i play it seems. seriously
Those two contradict each other.

Hardcore Gamer + Brawl? = LOL.

Just kidding mate.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm the type who gets angry at people for putting offensive comments in their taunts. If you put items on, don't think I won't use them against you. Just because I play without items doesn't mean I won't be afraid to pick one up and beat the living day lights out of you. I'm pretty much calm when doing battles with people. But when someone starts talking, that's when I get angry. I'm also the type of person who hates racking up damage and then someone else stealing my point. It bothers me so much! Also, if my team mate doesn't move and you get free points off of him or her, then the next round if I join your team, you can fight by yourself. But know this. Because you thought you were tough doing two against one, you can see yourself losing this match as I just jump off and get a bunch of SDs and it won't matter how many points you got! :laugh: Team Battle! :mad:

Smash Cadet
lol @ L___

I realize now, after a 2 and a half hour smashfest that my best is Wario. Only because of his epic air-game. And people WILL say that other people have better air game, and that's true, but they don't appeal to my smash-style.

Coraircate

Smash Cadet
I fit into none of the categories. But I fit into them all at the same time. Truthfully, I like going onto Final Destination, just 1-on-1 with no items. But I also like heading to the Hyrule Temple with huge stock counts and nothing but Motion Sensor Bombs set on high. To me, the fun in Brawl isn't winning, but doing something insane you know you'll never do again, like laying a Pitfall, then knocking Link into the air, jumping, then dunking our pointy-eared friend into the Pitfall, finally falling down and finishing him.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'd say I closely fit into the Casual-Hardcore bunch, possibly with a slightly Competitive slant. I say this because I've found fun in all sorts of item-involved scenarios, but I'm rarely SATISFIED with the results. I guess what I'm looking for is that if I'm gonna win, I need to win it RIGHT, hence the Competitive slant.

It's a mixed up world for me at the moment. The Casual and Competitive parts of me are at war, I'm not sure which part I want to win.

Top Bottom