• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I'm probably a competitive Smasher. I play Brawl everyday, and Melee about 3 times a day. I do try to get better, and I plan to join a few tournaments. I haven't really participated in any real money tourneys, but I probably will sooner or later.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Quote : "wait....Their is a stage other than final destination??"

Yeah, and they're called The BattleField and Melee Corneria (but Final D. will always win the overall verdict :p).

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
I'm a casual-hardcore. However, I think I'm getting more competitive due to a cousin of mine always owning me in brawl...and the same happened in Melee >.< So I'm absolutely trying to become better so that I can finally take revenge on him.

NA LoneWolf

Smash Rookie
I'm a competitive player in any game I play usually, so naturally I play competitively when I play Smash. Although, unlike some people I actually respect my fellow opponents, and know in the end it's just a game.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ancient thread, but I'll bump it.

I'm competitive.

But the biggest contribution I make to the smash scene is by hosting tournaments.

Shy Guy Red

Smash Rookie
I think I'm competitive, but to a point, as I don't have too much time with Smash, but I always want to be real good.

Also I prefer collecting as I'll spend hours trying to get every trophy and sticker rather then just train, but after that I'll train. ;)

bored

Smash Ace
Casual, though I don't play as often anymore. I don't think competitive is my style...in this game, that is.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Casual. Competition tends to ruin games since people take it way too seriously. Video games are meant for fun. Not money, not fame, not health. Sakurai obviously didn't mean for this game to be competitive, because I am sure he would have a done a MUCH better job at wifi, AND have an online ranking system. Those features are cool and all, but gamers must know that it isn't always 100% win to be hardcore.

Deck Knight

Smash Rookie
I'm definetely Competitive-Hardcore. Brawl is freakin' awesome and I went to the opening day and bought myself a copy before I even got a Wii!

I'm always trying to improve my game and pick up new tricks or strategies. Brawl is just so deep.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Casual. Competition tends to ruin games since people take it way too seriously. Video games are meant for fun. Not money, not fame, not health. Sakurai obviously didn't mean for this game to be competitive, because I am sure he would have a done a MUCH better job at wifi, AND have an online ranking system. Those features are cool and all, but gamers must know that it isn't always 100% win to be hardcore.

And

Mew2King said:
i dont wifi, and i hate brawl i use it for money

CLashing interests much? That PM still makes me very sad inside... But unfortunetly, he's right.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
I think most of the people on this board are competetive/pro/hardcore. If a casual smasher is to join SmashBoards he will most likely become a competetive, too, simply because of being told about the hidden awesomeness of Smash, that most people don't see at first glance.

I am a competetive smasher, I think, I am fanatically training Smash but for me there is also a life that isn't touched by this great game. So no hardcore. And I'm still too inexperienced to be a pro.

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
I'm probably competitive-hardcore. Well, sort of. I don't own Melee or Brawl, just Smash 64, so it's hard to say that I fit the definition for hardcore. I bum off of friends and roommates. In school they play it, and my roommate plays it, so I never got a copy (nor a Wii) for myself. I love the games though, and no matter how many changes they made for Brawl, it's still an amazing game.

But without a doubt, I'm competitive. I can handle 6-stock free-for-all with items on Temple but mostly my love for the game comes from 1v1 4-stock on FD, Battlefield, or Animal Crossing. I get upset whenever someone wants to play on Spear Pillar or Mute City, because I can't stand it when the stage kills you. There should never be stage kills, at least not when playing against another competitive person.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I'm a competitive smasher. I love to win and I always strive to be better. Sometimes though, I get my butt handed to me, however I always encourage this. Losing gives me the motivation to practice and persevere to gradually accumulate my Brawl prowess.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Wait, wha? Mew is right? Meh, go figure. lol
I personally think you won't be great at this game if you don't enjoy it, at least a little. So m2k prolly won't make it far. The people whom love this game, like Cuba is Death, will be top tier, just due to the sincerity in the game. I love playing it, but he's right in the fashion that most people do just play for fame or money. Which is weird, being famous in a video game is like being famous on food network, no one really cares.

voorhese

Smash Master
i am an expert smash player so around pro, but i dont make a living so i cant call myelf pro, i would also say competitive and hardcore, i dislike brawl because lack of l-cancel wavedash etc, i know wavedash was a glitch, but they found it and didnt take it out, and l-cancel wasnt a glitch it was in melee and ssb64 :(

Kneeslash

Smash Cadet
I am definitely a competitive smasher, that occasionally gets pissed off from losing against smarter players. I tend to a very offensive type smasher and charge into battle.

H!volt23

Smash Rookie
I am a hybrid of casual and competitive, I play for recreation but there's no sense not getting better as you play.

Also I enjoy 1v1 no items on simple stages.

titos

Smash Rookie
advaced brawling for pro brawlers like me and my friends

solid snake super sonic mario luigi pikachu zero mega man sonic blue blade blade

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
Im mostly a competitive smasher but when im with my freinds were uasally cuasual. of course ill also stick to smash no matter what so that makes some hardcore.

prakashsh1

Smash Rookie
Hi

I think I am a

Casual Smasher: A person who plays smash as a recreational activity. These gamers play smash as a pastime, diversion, or as a resource for relaxation and enjoyment.
:chuckle:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm a camper b/c brawls physics gives me a natural edge for doing it.

stu_sid

Smash Rookie
i would say im probably more competative / casual. I play games for fun and i think being too competitive takes alot of the fun away....but i still like to be as good as i can be.

play style depends on who i am playing, and even then i mix it up, and i normally play without items as i think it requires more skill to play without them.

Rhykune

Smash Cadet
I play to win, but for fun. I use only neutral stages with no-items. My playstyle varies, if I'm using Metaknight, it's offensive but spacey, and with ROB, its pretty balanced.

Top Bottom