• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I like playing competitive one on ones or tag team matches. I also like to just charge right into fights regardless of the consequences...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It all depends on my opponent. Sometimes I like to plan all of my moves out beforehand. Others, I'm a combo fiend. When I'm playing with the Ice Climbers, I like to wait for an opening, then grab. When there's only one Ice Climber I play mind games to hit them as many times as I can before I lost a stock.

There's alot more, but it all depends on my opponent really. >_<

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
I'm somewhere between a casual/competitive. I only started playing Melee when my friends had a club at school(two weeks before Brawl came out). I tried it and I fell in love with being around friends and playing a game that has so much depth.

I'm getting a Wii soon and hopefully I'll be able to join some online tournaments and improve myself(was going to get one before, but they sold out before I could bring my money to the store).

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Casual / Competitive

I play with items on sometimes, for fun. I will master some techniques and utilize them. I do wish to get better, but in the end, it's all just for fun, so if my competitive side ruins the fun for others, I'll stop being so competitive when playing with those people.

curthizz

Smash Apprentice
Fun/competitive ****

i main pit or falco. i like to shoot arrows and lasers till they hella high damage and just knock em off the screen. in melee its just fox grab chains and wavedashing combinations. i generally like to talk trash when im in da lead to make em mad and throw off their game. haha its been workin so far haha. but in da end it all comes down to a good game.

lifestream

Smash Rookie
I sneak out of my house at midnight to play melee with my friend until dawn. He's the only one that can keep up with me now.

I've done for the past three days. I'm pretty sure that makes me Competitive / Semi - Hardcore.

Also, I'm posting at 4 am.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Competitive-Hardcore. I'm pretty good, actually; I just can't afford to travel to tournies.

If Mario Kart wasn't around I would play Brawl for nearly 11 hours on non-work days.

I'm certainly no expert. I always feel there's an aspect of my game that people are exploiting, regardless if I win handily. I've always been pretty good at all Smash games, but Brawl is still new and fresh to me, so there's definitely things to improve.

IDK

Smash Lord
Competitive/Hardcore. I consider pros to be people like...
ken, hugs, gimpy, so on

Glenugie

Smash Rookie
Casual

I definitely fall in this category. I only play for the fn, to see what I can accomplish in the game. I only really go hardcore when I'm playing with a player who has insulted me

:p

gantrain05

Smash Master
crazy competetive, i play the game to win, and i always look for weaknesses, i guess if i were to play against you, you might beat me, but if we keep playing i evolve to different playstyles

KoalaBear

Smash Apprentice
im think competitive as in tourneys so i would say the casual player with the competitive edge :p

superman969

Smash Journeyman
kinda competitive. i learn all the stuff, like the ATs in melee and what few there are in brawl, but I'm don't have a car or any friends that play smash that do, so i never go to tournies, tho i probably will start to next year.

Diableos Auros

Smash Rookie
I'm a Hardcore-Competitive Smasher because I want the net for my online matches, but I can live without it and I'm not really trying to get better but I'm not quite a pro yet at least, almost, maybe in a a while.

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
I would say I am casual.
The bad thing is, the bit about Temple (my fav place) with high items is something that I love. Temple is a great arena, because if you go under the Temple bit, then you can be there for ages, because it is kinda hard to hit people off.

I agree that no items, Final Destination is a competitive/pro smasher's choice. I like items cause it adds a bit of luck and chance to the game (and I really need luck cause I suck that bad).

Yours casually,
CedricIzDead

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
I'm competive. I want to get involved in tournaments, improve my skill, ETC.

But I still enjoy a nice dosage of absolute insanity from time to time.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
I used to be a very good casual smasher until all the friends I met at college who played were really competitive and destroyed me. Now I've had to make the hard transition from casual to competitive, but I love it :)

Top Bottom