• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I guess I'm competitive-hardcore. Although I now have a steady amount of rivals (F*** you, Sonic lovers), and although IC's have been slighty nerfed/buffed, I'm still sticking with it.

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
I'm Casual-Hardcore. I play the game with items on high all the time. I barely ever turn them off, only when my slightly competitive friend comes over. I started smash with melee, but I've playedthe N64 version a couple of times, and I could care less about the slow down, I didn't even notice it. I don't mind the lack of L-canceling and Wavedashing either, mostly because I didn't even know what they were until people complained that they weren't in brawl. And I don't mind the Randomness. Sometimes I'll even select random for the character and stage, just to mess with it. I'm definetly casual-hardcore.

Felca

Smash Rookie
Hmmn, I'd say I'm casual/competitive, which seems like an odd combination, but... I consider myself a pretty casual gamer in that I don't play that often. But I definitely play to win, and I do practice the stuff that I learn about like crazy (albeit I am not necessarily great at picking up new skills), annndd my reaction to losing/messing up/playing in general definitely encompasses controller-throwing anger. And a lot of yelling and swearing.

phetreed

Smash Rookie
wow same here
thanks for summing up my opinion :)
I get extreemly pissed in sudden death when
i wait with ike and the a bomb-omb falls on my head and kills me
and then my brother laughs at me with his stupid sonic
grrrrrrrrrrrr

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm a Competitive smasher cause I enjoy being the best I can be, I enjoy finding characters that fit my play-style through basically get pwned for hours at a time, until that one game where I win, and I start really creating strategies. However, I'm always facing some the best smashers on the East Coast, so its really hard to judge how great I am getting compared the awesome that surrounds me... Thankfully I have Otakon to really gauge my smashing skills. For all of you over 21, there is nothing better then sitting around with a bunch of friends, drinking Busch, and playing Smash till the wee hours of the morn, because one Fsmash with Ike or one "Hustla Stomp" Dair from Ganonsmorf is enough to bring the room down.

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
I'm a competitive smasher...
I don't like items for one reason: You can put all your heart and soul in that pokeball, and bam, Kyogre...

Also, Final Smashes : REALLY COOL, but everyone goes for them. Just wait around, dodging, then when you see the smash ball, go for it. They base the entire match off of minimal skill and maximum final smashing.

No items for me, plzkthx.

kario_mart

Smash Cadet
um it depends. sometimes im hardcore and competitive. but then other times. i couldnt care less.

Vandom6

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm a bit of all three, I do play mostly for personal enjoyment, and because I get such enjoyment from it I play on sticking with it through and through. I would be competitive, if I could find a tourney near me though...

xjamz650

Smash Rookie
Smasher I Am

Played Smash since the beginning never really played competitively but on brawl im tryin to be. playing with all characters to get a big feel of how each character plays. But smashing is what i do. neglecting my other girlfriends (psp, ds, ps3, 360) not really but playing smash more. wanna brawl? send me ur FCode.

-XJamZ

ChromeSonic00

Smash Apprentice
Casual-Hardcore

Yeah, love Smash. Items just make the game more fun than it already is (For me anyway) It is and will be one of my favorite series ever. ^_^

LightningKimba

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty much obviosly casual. I hardly ever play any game truly hardcore, and I always play the game, well... Like a game. I don't think strategically, and I always seem to play any fighting game with a HUUGE amount of innocence.

CloudGer

Smash Rookie
I think I'm hardcore/competitive, I played smash since the N64 and I still try to improve, although I think I won't be able to become a pro.
Also sometimes I can't resist an item match just for fun, so in the end I'm part of a casual smasher aswell xD

erasmus_42

Smash Rookie
hardcore/competitive.
never been to a tourney, but always looking to improve.

I think most SWF members are past the 'casual' line.

brilliantly thorough post, though. kudos.

Legend Blade

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't really fall under any catagories completly. My self catagory is " Liberal Player "

I play for fun, but also to win. If there is a tornament at a local video game store ( especialy if there is a prize ) I might go, but I'm not guarenteed to though.

Exovel

Smash Ace
That's kind of what I always thought about this. I would say im in the limbo between Competitive and Casual. I'm wanting to get better, but lacking the time, so it becomes more of a fun leisure activity.

Firstaidguitar1

Smash Cadet
I would say I'm a competitive/pro smasher.

I really want to get better, and I also compete in local tournaments and will start hosting them soon. It's really a good game, and the opportunity the game provides is massive.

If anybody lives in or near Virginia and is willing to play competitively hit me up with an email: Firstaidguitar1@yahoo.com; I'm going to start hosting tournaments soon.

meatpwnsall

Smash Rookie
well i can say im a competitive smasher without a doubt i luv this series and i always will and i take my smash playing pretty serioslly

Vory V Zakone

Smash Rookie
The Smash Factory, South East US Looking for skil
I am a very offensive player. I am the early aggressor more often than not and as a result i often sacrifice my self in the hopes of scoring a downfall or some other early kill. My friends and I have been playing at least every week for the past decade (64, melee, and brawl) and we are some of the best in the southeast. I play aggressive because whats the point in playing like a coward. (You people know who you are.)

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
I would say I'm a competitive/pro smasher.

I really want to get better, and I also compete in local tournaments and will start hosting them soon. It's really a good game, and the opportunity the game provides is massive.

kevo2488

Smash Rookie
You, sir or madame, need to get out more. I love Smash, but I like to play it with all my friends occasionally. I have a part time job and a full time school schedule, so I don't get the luxury of wasting my time on a game. I'm competitive, but only to the select few of my friends that are good at the game.

Top Bottom