• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

StarFoxTriodude

Smash Rookie
Same. I have too much stuff going on in my life right now i.e. college, job, to be a "pro." I love the game though and play as much as I can. I'm a contender, however.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
You, sir or madame, need to get out more. I love Smash, but I like to play it with all my friends occasionally. I have a part time job and a full time school schedule, so I don't get the luxury of wasting my time on a game. I'm competitive, but only to the select few of my friends that are good at the game.
You, sir or madame, need to be less quick to judge. I have a job and a full college schedule, yet I still waste quite a bit of time in competitive smash. I still hang with my non smash friends and do well enough in school to be elected to Phi Beta Kappa. I also host monthly smash tournaments in between visiting my girlfriend every weekend. And besides, who are you to judge how this person is living their life?

starwolfpaul

Smash Rookie
Casual hardcore smasher

I only do Smash Bros. for fun but I like to stock with the series. I got really mad when brawl came out, because of what they did to fox. He is still my main, I just got used to him. I was used to melee's version of fox, the fast, risk taking animal that made all my friends mad when they were beat in seemingly impossible situations. Never the less, I shall stay with brawl because of all the new functions and the characters and arenas.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
my group of friends all started as casual players, but than we realized that as we kept playing for months that trash talking started, and we just wanted to find out who, out of all of us were better. after that we started playing alot more competivly and still had fun and for the last 2 years i personally have wanted to be able to say im a pro player. the problem is i can never get to tournements because they are always far away, so until then im a competitive player all the way

Linkz973

Smash Rookie
to kevo

I would like to say .. owned :laugh:
To the rest of smash boards ima a competitive player. I play on gamebattles a lot, but all in all my life isn't sucked away by the game its fun and as long as it stays fun for me i'll keep on playing.

Smash Ace
hmm... for me it's hard to say.
I'm not at pro level or anything, but I get really competitive. what does that classify me as?
=2007=

RookieSmasher

Smash Rookie
I would say that I'm a Competitive-Hardcore Smasher. I record any match I can and then see if I made a mistake. I also will always stick to characters or strategies I come up with, no matter what people say. The only time I change the way I play is when I find mistakes in my replays.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
I am a player that plays to win. I HATE LOSING. Anything to win. Once my friend was close to beating me. Obviously i did what any competitive s*masher would, i kicked him in the shins, pulled out his controller and threw it out the window. Then proceeded to Own him again with mah m*arth.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I'm competive and i love playing Mods We got hacked help us change the server lolz w been hacked look at it ...dittos.

Eki

Smash Cadet
Competitive yet still can play for fun(sakurai's wish). Got a crew since melee and we continued it into brawl. Im pretty good. not cocky or anything though. still believe i could get my *** handed to me. But i think im Pretty good.

Neokun

Smash Apprentice
Im a casualf@g. I play casually, but I learned all of the ATs in Melee with my friends, some of whom play tourneys, and picked up a lot fo Melee skills. Now I play Brawl but no real competitive play has developed yet. Melee is still amazing.

Dime

Smash Journeyman
I am a pacifist smasher. I only taunt and bet on spectator mode. Seriously though, I am more casual then many members here.

2spec

Smash Rookie
I will consider myself competitive due to the fact that I do want to get better. Of course I'm striving for perfection, but there are too many factors (other humans, lol) to play perfectly. With all that said, I don't believe I'm anywhere near the top, but I keep playing to get up there. Most of all I enjoy playing smash, since SS64, I could play for hours on end. -=]

AJ-Lo

Smash Cadet
oh wow, careful now. I wouldn't say that I can beat everyone here because I know that's not true. and anywho, if you act cocky but end up losing, you'll only make yourself look dumb 0_o

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
I dunno how good I am seeing as most of my friends don't use advanced techniques (except one). I can beat the majority of my friends (if not all) in Brawl. I'd say I'm fairly competitive.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I'm definitely a Competitive/Casual mix. I like being able to hold my own, and I really don't like to lose under any circumstance. But often I just play for the fun of it where the outcome really doesn't bother me either way.

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
i love the game and the variety in charectors in brawl, i want to be competitive but i would play for fun.

jnsm19

Smash Rookie
Casual Competitive I would say
Still trying to learn some stuff from Melee since I don't have a Wii or Brawl but I have been able to play Brawl a couple of times and I loved it. Still hate items and like it better when its Mono y Mono but yeah I just love the game.

AJ-Lo

Smash Cadet
personally, although I'd prefer to be called a competitive smasher, I fall more under casual smasher. unless its a tournament, what matters most to me is if everyone's having fun playing. I always found items fun since they can help balance things out when there's a huge gap in the skill levels of the people playing.

Esca

Smash Champion
Competitive all the way. I've already won a local tournament and i'm sponsored by a local game store to play in Evo in Houston.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
personally, although I'd prefer to be called a competitive smasher, I fall more under casual smasher. unless its a tournament, what matters most to me is if everyone's having fun playing. I always found items fun since they can help balance things out when there's a huge gap in the skill levels of the people playing.

LAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME
who wants to have FUN?!?!?
Smash is life and death, dude

lol :p

FuryX

Smash Cadet
competitive against people i don't know and certain friends. for everything else casual.

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
I like to win...thats the kind of gamer I am..o yah I don't like to lose too..that might help in determining [what kind of gamer I am] perhaps I am 30% "casual" and 60% "competitive" and 10% normal..but you have to take into consideration my mood and also level of fatigue that also dictates mood partially..yah that should be good, now I think I know what kind of gamer I am !

D13

Smash Ace
I'm competitive, but none of my friends are, so I have to be more casual with them. Spamming falcon punch is only fun when you're with your friends. ;]

Ereki

Smash Cadet
If anything, I'd have to consider myself a Competitive Smasher. I could never say to myself I'm an Pro/Expert or Hardcore smasher, I never think I have enough skill to go on and say that to others without having the skill to do so.

I'm always hoping I can improve, which is one of the primary/secondary reasons why I stick around, to read the forums and such, and I hope to become better the more I play and add new techniques into my game. Hopefully I can somehow be an Expert smasher someday. Hardcore..that may be pushing it. I have little experience in Melee, as I just played casually, so..I really don't know what exactly happened to what character that was brought along in the roster.

Top Bottom