• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
Competitive smasher

I play to be better than everyone else. obviously i fail because im not pro but beating all of my friends and every newb i meet is good enough for me. do to transportation issues ive only been to two tourneys but they were awsome. honestly i am no where near hardcore. if the competitive element leaves i will quit playing. for this reason i will grope onto melee as long as possible even though i already have brawl since brawl seems ridiculously slow paced.

mabey it makes me scum of the earth but i derive no joy from ffa with items on hyrule

o0kieran0o

Smash Rookie
Competitive smashers have sucked the fun out of the game by reducing smash to 1v1 no item battles on Final Destination only. These self proclaimed Pro smashers are only good at the way THEY play the game.
thank you. thank you very much.
n__n

I'll say I'm a casual, but I do play as often as I can, in hopes of getting better. If I can provide a challenge to someone enough to make their controler wet from sweat, I'll be happy :]

Reikan

Smash Rookie
Competitive

I'm not anywhere near pro, but my friends and I OFTEN get together and beat on each other. You win some, you lose some, but I try to practice so I can win. :)

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
I'll say I'm a casual, but I do play as often as I can, in hopes of getting better. If I can provide a challenge to someone enough to make their controler wet from sweat, I'll be happy :]
Yeah, that's me too. Although my priorities are different.

4. Interaction
3. Fun
2. General feeling of asskickery (AKA style)
1. Lulz

I think the way this works out when I fight a seemingly professional player online decides wether it's a scrub/tourney*** or an actually respectable competitive person. The former are indifferent to all of the above.

PeachFan

Smash Cadet
NNID
DelphinusV
3DS FC
2595-0710-4989
-At OP- You sir, are a genius. I agree with everything you said, and your post actually helped me define who I am as a Smasher, I think I'm competitive Hardcore, though I do still like to have a really chaotic match once in a while.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm a strict approacher/chain/and a whole lot of perceiving. Timing's my game. Despise campers.

Fox/Ganondorf/Toon Link/Wolf:)

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with you on several levels... I don't beleive that de-activating items sucks the fun out of the game, it makes It more fair and far less random. If you want to play with items be my guest but leave me out of it.

Playing on neutral stages does not suck the fun out of the game, I love playing on Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise etc.

All of that being said I am definately a Competitive smasher, I am not pro, however I do find myself going to tournies and such to prove myself...

I think competition is what MAKES Smash Bros fun, when i was just a very youngling playing SSB64 I still was trying to beat my older cousins and younger brothers, it adds an element of fun to the game that is otherwise absent.

The 5th Horseman

Smash Ace
Competitive Smasher for me. I always want to get better, and even if I'm pro, I just want to get better. If they do take Chars. away and nerf them, I'd still play and get better and better. :laugh:

ph15h

Smash Cadet
I'm a whatever "Smasher". Whatever the situations call for, I'll do it. I'll play competitively when need be or when I'm in need of cash and my neighbors feel pity. I'll play casually when I'm bored. I'll play on Wifi when it works. I wanna go pro, but I really should focus on school. Nobody told me you couldn't have C's in College.

Le Chevailer Mal Fete

Smash Rookie
I'm a Casual-near Hardcore Player whom wishes to become better.

Essentially meaning that I fall under the Casual Gamer slot because that is how I play with most others, though I will occasionally play a competitive style game when I can.

This comes from my playing to suit my opponents. If I'm playing a competitive player, I play to win. No Items and a less random level (I play Temple in these circumstances, but since myself and my competitive opponent both play pursuit games, we don't have to worry about the other running away). If I'm playing a casual gamer, I put on all the items they wish, lose whatever advanced techniques I am proficent with, and walk away from the edge if I don't kill them outright (Which, looking back, wasn't probably the best of ideas... they edge guarded like crazy)

Miller

Smash Lord
Hardcore/Competitive smasher here. Not even close to being pro though, but brawl is a new start, and I started at the same time as everyone else, so I have the same opportunities as everyone else.

aragornswm

Smash Rookie
I'm somehow a Competitive/Hardcore Smasher.If somehow, if we had a stock match like about 3 lives, and my opponent killed me once, I would go havoc and beat the crap out of them. But sometime I play for fun, like killing myself for no reason....I don't even know if I call myself a pro...but no...Well, I hope I could meet some people in Wi-Fi Brawl and battle them.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I'm casual/competitive/hardcore .-.

Winning is good, but losses help you determine what you're doing wrong. I don't aim to be the #1(well I do, but I'm being realistic here), but I want to get really good at Brawl. I've been pretty obsessed with it, soaking up new techs and character weaknesses/advantages like a sponge. Also have been speculating on a lot of Brawl related stuff too.

Cheerio

Smash Cadet
I am pretty Competitive-Hardcore sometimes although I may not show it I get saddened by a loss but I do my best to try to improve and learn from mistakes.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
I want to say that I'm a casual player, but I'm very competitive at heart. I try really hard in all of my matches.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
HUzah?!

I agree whole-heartedly with you. Smashing stereotypes miss the magic.

pricelessyostess

Smash Rookie
nice definitions - spot-on!

if everyone had a little bit of smash in their life, the world would be a better place.

i, personally, am a casual-competitive-hardcore smasher.

wa-kingdom

Smash Cadet
it depends for me. im hardcore with the pikimin (cause there is no other way) and with the rest, im relax, i tend to laugh at everything.

unii

Smash Cadet
I'm competetive player

I like to play competetive cause I think winning is not the answer for me thats why I join tournaments and stuff to get better:chuckle:

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Ok in that case, I'm a casual, sly piece of bacon who is extremely competitive like a wild turkey in heat.

Top Bottom