• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What tier would you put Zamus?***

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yes I know it's too early for tiers yadayada but what do you think she is at the moment? I personally think she's just high tier, she's an all round very solid character with a few tricks up her sleeve. Only hinderance is recovery which isn't that bad anyway

What do you think?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I don't care about tiers..the just the fact i'm beating someone who is better than me while I use ZSS is satisfying enough, however the only things of teirs i do fear is if she is so high I hope not many people play as her all over, that'd just get annoying..

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I would rate her something between low and mid. She got too many downsides to qualify as a high tier

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
The lower the better IMO, beating someone with her will be so much more satisfying :p besides...ZSS rules..

Garde

Smash Ace
She's probably on the lower end of high tier or somewhere towards the top of mid.

She's a flexible character, but has no real strengths. If attributes were rates from D, C, B, A, S where D is the worst and S is the best, her best attributes would probably be in the B to A range where many characters have at least one attribute in S.

This is my opinion on her attributes.

Weight: C
Floatiness: A
Fast Fall: C
Air mobility: B
Short Hop: D
Priority (air): B-A
Priority (ground): C-B
Attack speed (start up): B-A
Attack speed (lag): C-A (D for grab, f-smash, and d-air)
Range: B-A (Side+B and up+B are S but overall she only has okay range)
Projectile: C (mostly unusable against other characters with projectiles)
Combos: B-A
Recovery: A
KO potential: B
Dodging/rolling: D-C

Overall offensive options: B-A
Overall defensive options: D-C
Overall survivability: B

The problem really comes down to her range, attack speed (start up and lag), and priority. Once people get too close for side+B (since it's somewhat slow), anyone with S speed attacks or S rank priority will tear her a new one. She also tends to have difficulty with characters who have good projectiles. Also, there are several characters with a bit shorter reach than her side+B, but their attacks come out faster, allowing them to close just enough distance to hit you while you try to side+B, while other characters have enough air mobility to make it near impossible to land side+B's. She also has an innate weakness against short characters as they are much more difficult to hit with most of her moves, which generally have fairly small and picky hitboxes (for not having sweet spots).

All of this is in my opinion, of course.

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
broken tier...........no seriously, with the new moves i learned i havent lost a fight in a while with zss, and i play monsters everyday

Ørion

Smash Ace
If people actually try her and use her, high or maybe even top (probably not though). She has decent range, her recovery is decent even without the tether, she has excellent aerials, she can do most Ats, and she is fast.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The more I use Zamus the more I see her somewhere between the top of mid tier or near the bottom of high.

Although I don't think she will reach this status within the first year but who knows maybe something as useful as Snakedashing will be found with her by then. (Which is highly unlikely but one can dream)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'd say in the hands of somebody who knows exactly how to use her, upper mid - high.

The issue is that she has a very steep learning curve.

Triforce_Chauzu

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting to learn ZSS, but as you guys have said, the learning curve is really steep.

But she'll definately be at least upper-mid tier.

nicksaninja

Smash Rookie
I would rate her somewhere between the highest tier and the second highest. She has her downsides, but I think she more than makes up for it in speed and jump. She can jump twice as high as most characters and she's great at edge gaurding. If someones been knocked up and is falling, she's also great for finishing them. She also has a pretty much unlimited amount of trys to recover. her B down will take her over, and you can use it multiple times. Same goes for her up B. She may not have a very wide range of moves, but a stun gun and plasma whip are all she needs. Now Zamus isn't my min but she is my secondary and I have no problem beating the crap outa people with her.

Crimsonjassic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2049-1304
She's a flexible character, but has no real strengths. If attributes were rates from D, C, B, A, S where D is the worst and S is the best, her best attributes would probably be in the B to A range where many characters have at least one attribute in S.

This is my opinion on her attributes.

Weight: C
Floatiness: A
Fast Fall: C
Air mobility: B
Short Hop: D
Priority (air): B-A
Priority (ground): C-B
Attack speed (start up): B-A
Attack speed (lag): C-A (D for grab, f-smash, and d-air)
Range: B-A (Side+B and up+B are S but overall she only has okay range)
Projectile: C (mostly unusable against other characters with projectiles)
Combos: B-A
Recovery: A
KO potential: B
Dodging/rolling: D-C

Overall offensive options: B-A
Overall defensive options: D-C
Overall survivability: B

The problem really comes down to her range, attack speed (start up and lag), and priority. Once people get too close for side+B (since it's somewhat slow), anyone with S speed attacks or S rank priority will tear her a new one. She also tends to have difficulty with characters who have good projectiles. Also, there are several characters with a bit shorter reach than her side+B, but their attacks come out faster, allowing them to close just enough distance to hit you while you try to side+B, while other characters have enough air mobility to make it near impossible to land side+B's. She also has an innate weakness against short characters as they are much more difficult to hit with most of her moves, which generally have fairly small and picky hitboxes (for not having sweet spots).

All of this is in my opinion, of course.
Garde, I'd be interested in seeing your report cards for other characters. You wouldn't happen to have any more would you?

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
High Tier or maybe top of mid tier but I am more on the high tier placement. Basically bottom of high or top of mid tier.

I think the real problem is the lack of players of ZSS so the will become a factor. From what I see, the number of Metaknight players out staggering. But if someone highly skilled were to play her in tourneys. I can see High Tier. IT is kinda same with alot of other characters as well.

Also the steeping learning curve as well.

Garde

Smash Ace
Crimson, I typed that up on the spot. I don't know most characters well enough to give as detailed reports, but I could type some up for you via PMs for Link, Zelda, and Lucario if you really wanted me to.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I would rate her something between low and mid. She got too many downsides to qualify as a high tier
wth are you talking about, all of her smash attacks are very good, especially her down smash, b/c after that you can follow it up with a side b or side smash, she can also recover with up b or down b. zss is a beast.

tisthemorning

Smash Rookie
wth are you talking about, all of her smash attacks are very good, especially her down smash, b/c after that you can follow it up with a side b or side smash, she can also recover with up b or down b. zss is a beast.
f-smash is slow and has limited use.
d-smash is very useful at times, but it does have lag, and the range is small.
u-smash is also quite laggy, and really situational.

I would say it's her tilts and air moves that make her shine, not her smashes.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
She's fast, has good combos, good range, and has a good variety of moves. Her weakness? Lightweight and tether recovery.

Verdict: High Tier

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I would say by evaluatuing her combo ability, and analyizing her recovery, I would have to place her in mid tier.
Right above Ike, about tied with Mario, but below Knuckle Joe.

Vro

Smash Lord
I agree with High Tier. Her abilities to combo and control spacing will help her shine, while her tether recovery is her biggest weakness.

Milos

Smash Lord
something funny about her....

if your opponent edgehogs your first tether, you can move below them and up b again once they're out of invincibility frames. if they roll, you grab the ledge, if they dont roll, they die from the spike of the up b.

:D

Crimsonjassic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2049-1304
Crimson, I typed that up on the spot. I don't know most characters well enough to give as detailed reports, but I could type some up for you via PMs for Link, Zelda, and Lucario if you really wanted me to.
(sorry for the late reply, was outta town)

I'd be interested to see reports on all those characters, but you should post them here so everyone can see 'em. I think a lot of people around here enjoy hearing what you have to say and highly value your opinion even if it's a bit off-topic in this thread. :3

Fire4All

Smash Cadet
I picked her up almost as quick as I did Sheik when I picked Melee up again. She flows pretty good, if you can land everything right. I like her down throw, it is good for a quick "pop up" move. Her down B is very good if landed. among several other things, my only problem is the bit of lag and weight......

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
either my friend is too good or i suck at fighting zss.

seriously ive never been 3 stocked in the game til yesturday when he did it to me. so i came here finding out what shes all about and stuff.

shes too crazy good he had me in paralyzed chains, racked up dmage like crazy ad her f smash is like
the longest ive ever seen

Top Bottom