• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Super Powers/Mutations would you want?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Traditional Power: PyroKenisis
Crazy Pwer: Light and Dark swords
XD
Some REALY crazy one: To Think the unthinkable, eat the inedible
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
breath the Un breathable, hit the un hittable
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I would go with superspeed. I wouldn't take time travel, b/c you would eventually screw something up and wonder why your house is disappearing. Pluvia, Eden had the power of persuasion. Healing would be pretty cool, too. Also, I always wanted telekinesis. Telepathy would be nice, too.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I'll play along just because the topic looks super fun!

I'd pick ultra high agility and the ability to fly! But not just any flying power, it would look an awful lot like the tanooki suit in Super Mario Bros. 3. And while i'm at, the ability to swim under water for a very long period of time and not drown, why, I don't know, it just seemed like a good idea.

EDIT, picture added

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Oooh.. wait..

What about the ability to control the weather.

THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING NOW

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'd choose super strength and speed.
It's either this, or X-Ray vision/invisiblity... What... DON'T JUDGE ME! :urg:

Anyway to have Super Speed would be nice, make up for my lack of Strength, and I can literally cosplay as Sonic if I found a costume for him.

sabu540

Smash Rookie
For a completely broken one, the ability to control energy. Think about it for a bit, you'd be able to do anything.

For a standard cool one, time manipulation. Or possibly alchemy. They'd be useful for many different situations, you'd get a lot out of those.

For an underpowered but still fairly useful one, remote vision.

EDIT: For flying, I'd say it depends on everyone else in this hypothetical world. If everybody had some sort of power, then they'd be "Oh, he can fly. That's pretty sweet!". But if tomorrow you could suddenly fly, chances are you'd be locked in a government lab by the end of the day. Which would suck, I like the idea of flying D:

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Which is why, as Eor said, time control would be the best single ability in a realistic world (loloxymoron). However, if one is smart enough with the power, stuff like that should never be a problem. Think about it. Time control, unlike flying, pyrokinesis, superspeed/strength or invincibility, isn't a very conspicuous power. Say I wanted to steal some stuff. I could stop time while sitting quietly in my house, go steal my stuff (while it was closed, if the place was a shop), come home with the gear and re-start time. The people who work there would know that they've been robbed, certainly, but when they see that the surveillance footage doesn't show anything, they'd just think it was by some very clever thieves, not someone who can defy the laws of physics.

Compare this same situation with say, superstrength, you'd still be able to steal the stuff, but if any surveillance gear sees you, it's still going to show some guy lumbering up to the side of the building, punching through it, walking up to and taking all the stuff before cheesing it. Before too long the government would somehow catch you and start doing SPERIMENTS.

And that's why time travel would be the best superpower.

... I have put far too much thought into this.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
It would be better is you stole something when the shop was still open, since then you wouldn't have to break into any doors.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Mind reading. You could mess with people to no end. And cheat in Poker, winning absurd amounts of money in the process. Legally.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'd like to control calcium

EDIT: And yeah I guess controlling time would be more useful, but this would be a lot more fun

sabu540

Smash Rookie
** a bunch of good points **
I've come to pretty much the same conclusion. I find it funny though that most people think of how their powers can be used for evil, haha.
A pretty funny situation to use time manipulation for good would be armed robbery. You could freeze time, unload the gun and start time again. Then you piss off the guy til he pulls the trigger. He'd be totally surprised, and you'd just stand there laughing as everybody else beat the crap out of him.
Chances are I put too much thought into this as well.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
These are so boring.

I wish I was made of silk so that the ladies would love rubbing up on my sultry texture.

crewster

Smash Lord
I would love to have phycik powers. It has the most range of powers: Teleportation, mind controle, hover, Mind reading.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
This is a more plausivle power

A exoskeletion like the one on iron man . With jet boots, rocket launchers, guns, etc and maybe a extraordinary IQ for making more gadgets.

Either that or being a cyborg

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Hmm

Telekinesis (Teleportation and psychic and stuffs)

Turn half animal (Claws, more wolf-like voice, yeah yeah)

Vampire

(I can get girls (Edward -.-'') AND live forever!)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Do Super Mod rights count as super powers?
Because Mic_128 is already my hero.

The one who must not be named also has a super power. Not doing WWYP scores. Making this person the true Smashboards super villain.

Top Bottom