• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Small" Feature do you want added?

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Custom Final Smashes to all characters, just like custom movesets. Those would add diversity and unpredictability to item-on fights. Like, it is nice to know Luigi uses Poltergust in his new Final Smash, but I'd still like to see Negative Zone in SSB4.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
I wonder just how much you can custumize the moves. We see both projectiles and body attacks in the Direct.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Back in Smash 64 when the character portraits were actually the character models rotating around instead of just renders, and when you selected them they did a victory pose to show how they had been readied up. I always thought that looked pretty cool and would like that to return.
They couldn't even get Shiek and Zelda loaded at the same time in Brawl. What you're asking for is probably a bit hopeful. (Unless they do a DK64 and bundle the game with some RAM or something).

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
They couldn't even get Shiek and Zelda loaded at the same time in Brawl. What you're asking for is probably a bit hopeful. (Unless they do a DK64 and bundle the game with some RAM or something).
That's Brawl. This is Smash 4, a much larger game on a much more powerful system. I don't think it's implausible in the slightest. It's not likely to happen but I don't see why it would be difficult if they did it 15 years ago.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Oh maybe the trophies can actually say a line or make a sound when you press the button.

MARIO: "Let's-a GO!"
LINK: "Hwuaahhh!"

JediLink

Smash Ace
That's Brawl. This is Smash 4, a much larger game on a much more powerful system. I don't think it's implausible in the slightest. It's not likely to happen but I don't see why it would be difficult if they did it 15 years ago.
Larger is the problem. Smash 64 had 12 characters to load for the character select screen, which was only 3 times more than what would normally be in a fight. Smash 4 is obviously going to have way more than that. Loading 45+ models at once, including all detailed textures, normal maps, etc. would either be impossible or take ungodly long.

EDIT: Smash 64 was also cartridge-based, which would've made things easier.

Last edited:
Trophies unlocking alternate costumes:. Dry Bowser trophy unlocks Dry Bowser Costume. Outset Toon Link unlocks the Outset Costume. Making them the All-Star reward would make the most sense, but making them random would be pretty great. Randomly achieving a goal, getting the trophy, reading the trophy description, and suddenly getting the alert that "Cosmic Spirit Rosalina is now an available alternate costume!" would be an awesome surprise.

Last edited:

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
A lot of things.
  • Animated character models in CSS, similar to the original game.
  • Custom color editor for characters. Have us pick each piece of clothing accessible and give us a color wheel to change it however we want. Let us customize the colors of alternate costumes as well.
  • Very high setting for items similar to Melee where items would spawn in ridiculous numbers to the point where you couldn't even reach them all.
  • The return of Stage Builder (this is "big" in my opinion), which has a wider variety of parts and backgrounds and now lets you change the stage boundaries, since they were always too big even in the smallest stage setting in Brawl. Update the game with packs of new parts via periodic DLC (free or paid, I don't care).
  • Have the option to turn off stage hazards, so if we want, we can play on the stage as is without some boss or whatever crashing the party. Making every stage Final Destination doesn't solve this...
  • Please have a better variety of Pokeball Pokemon spawns. Getting continuous repeats of Munchlax, Weavile, etc. in Brawl was not fun.
  • In addition to custom movesets, let us equip our characters with stickers (like Brawl) for further customization. However, stickers shouldn't just be stat boosts. They should also have negative side effects, such as a stat reduction or some other effect. Let us take our customized character in online random battles, but make separate modes for those who would rather not play with custom movesets.
That's all for now.
I would also like to add having the option to add your own custom music tracks. MP3 format preferred.

By the way, here are examples of 3D models loading in character select screens. It's really not a foreign concept...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMKM1xsrb6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfheE2p6bD8

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
More unique victory and loss animations.

E.g. Say in a Team Battle or the like (or perhaps based on ranking) characters would react to one another. Mario and Luigi would be jubilant in victory together where as Mario and Bowser would be wary of each other. Maybe heroes and villains would be more receptive to other characters of the same class.
Just to give that little bit more "life" to the characters.

Croco

Smash Lord
Output a saved match to a video file on a sd card. This feature was available with soul calibur 5. ;)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I always found stamina matches pretty fun, but very neglected. Especially seeing as you couldn't go above 150HP. I'd love to see more focus on them. That Vs. Dark Link event match was super fun.

People are suggesting awesome ideas, I'm enjoying this thread. Character conversations and better interactions/ relationships between characters who know each other is a cool idea.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
This is a bad idea for balance, and elemental weaknesses were removed from Project M for a reason.

I would like Glory Mode to feature at least FD, Battlefield and Smashville options for each stage.
This isn't project m, plus it's his opinion. You saying it's bad doesn't prove you credibility.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I want advanced camera options, very advanced camera options lol. I also want you to be able to make character icons disappear. Pretty much I want all of this so I don't have to hack anything for a machinima to be made.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
I want advanced camera options, very advanced camera options lol. I also want you to be able to make character icons disappear. Pretty much I want all of this so I don't have to hack anything for a machinima to be made.
Yeah, me too! Just imagine the possibilites with super advanced camera options...mmm, Zero Suit Samus! <3

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
* I hope the regular Trophies also functions as Stamps for miiverse. They could themselves just have the stamp under the bottom platform-thingy they stand on. Like, they are the actual stamp.

* I would like much more detailed profile/name-stats. So I can see how many times I lose with x character vs y character. The average % I knock out a fox at when I'm playing Marth etc. Really want to go in on any character on my profile and see stats versus other profiles, other characters and such (I don't know how evolved this was in Brawl, didn't mess around with it very much). Ofcourse, also just a detailed profile-stat page with overall stats with every single character clumped up.

* I think character models at pick screen would be neat. But if its slow I'd rather not. I imagine there would be some lag/time to load a new model when switching character and then the same for looking around at the different costume/colors.

* This isn't really a small thing but two new modes I'd like to see is: King of the Hill (get to a platform first to become "King", get points every second your on it. Someone knocks you off they get the "King" status) and the classic fight mode Tag and/or team battle. (Tag being 2 characters that can swap during the game. Team being selecting x number of characters with one stock each.)

tldl: Four things, see thick text! :)

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Luckily for you, legendaries now come out of Master Balls, so if you want to exclude them from your matches, you can just turn off Master Balls while keeping Poke Balls on.
Actually if you wagch the Direct again there's a point on the Prsim Tower stage where someone throws a regualar Pokebal and Palkia comes out. So there's that.

I think there should be trophies for stages, so that you can learn about their history as well.

Khao

Smash Lord
Each time you skip the intro movie, a random playable character shouts "SUPER SMASH BROS!" at the title screen instead of the usual announcer. (or at least tries to, if they don't talk or whatever.)

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Each time you skip the intro movie, a random playable character shouts "SUPER SMASH BROS!" at the title screen instead of the usual announcer. (or at least tries to, if they don't talk or whatever.)
I can only imagine how epic Captain Falcon would sound!

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Dang that would be awesome.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
A Special Mode option where everybody's controls are mixed up would be pretty funny, I think.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
How about a mode where it randoms your moveset? You get different attacks randomized from every character in the game. Maybe it should only apply to B-moves or it would be to much :p I don't think I'd play it that much, but it could be fun from time to time.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
These are not that small but I want really good event matches and a much better break the targets. I want a different break the targets stage for each character. Have the break the targets be designed for that character like in melee. Also the multi-man smash (100 man and cruel mode mostly) must return. I would really love to see the stage builder back.

Let's see, a stock control feature so that my cpu opponent's can start with more or less stocks than me. A special versus mode like in brawl, but add the ability to set which characters get the special so that it's not automatically affecting everyone. I'd love to face metal or giant cpus while I'm normal. THAT is my wishlist.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
...a stock control feature...
+1 for stock control. I don't want to use handicap when playing with my "not so good" friends. I find it kinda lame to start at certain % every stock. If I could just give them an extra stock that would be alot better imo. Same with CPU's. I guess you could just SD at the start to get less stocks but an option for it would be nice.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I like P:M's stage ban feature. Simple and incredibly useful.

Also from P:M: Alternate-colored Sonics. I'd play him in Teams if I wasn't always getting confused with Blue team.

I'd also like to see Ditto as the 'random' slot icon again - even better if selecting Random replaces the fighter's face with Ditto's.

...And could we please get some better lighting for Jungle Japes? Seriously, the biggest challenge that stage poses to me is eye strain.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Character grunts when they get hit, like in Melee.
Sonic's finger wag as something other than an idle pose.
But most importantly, more retro trophies!

Loachy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Loachy
3DS FC
3780-9091-2349
I want bonus points like in Melee and 64 and I want the 1P modes to tell me when I get a new high score!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Go back to unique break the targets courses. Having to repeat 5 courses with that many characters was the worst. Or have unique courses for each series.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Only for the secret newcomers but once you do the specifications to trigger your fight with them, the Smash logo in flames shows up and plays a trailer rather than the 'challenger approaching!" message. Then the fight starts on their home stage.

Secret Veterans can retain the silhouette and message though.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Only for the secret newcomers but once you do the specifications to trigger your fight with them, the Smash logo in flames shows up and plays a trailer rather than the 'challenger approaching!" message. Then the fight starts on their home stage.

Secret Veterans can retain the silhouette and message though.
I also want to see the cinematic cutscenes used in game. They could even be used as a classic mode startup for newcomers too. I would also be interesting to see what happened AFTER they showed up. Did Greninja win the fight against Charizard and Mario, or did he simply just jump away?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not. But something like Mario Kart 8 replay where you can slow down playback forwards & backwards, etc. Editing at your leisure and create full or short custom clips to claim ownage, etc. :roll:

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Teching from smash64, being able to roll by pressing the shield (this depends on the version you play) a second before you ht the ground

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I would like to be able to make custom matches faster and more complete. I don't like to be restricted to a set amount of health or to have all of the players basically have the same objective (basically mixing people playing with stocks with people playing with stamina (lots of with)).

Top Bottom