• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Small" Feature do you want added?

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Might be a bit strange for some, but I would really like to have an option to choose where the splash screen goes to. So after the title screen, you can just be straight in group matches mode or something.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The ability to select which Assist Trophies and Pokeballmon appear. (You can't select Mew, or other Pokemon which drop special bonuses that go beyond the content of the match).

HyrulesLegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHyrulesLegend
3DS FC
4253-4618-9274
Like many have already said, a sort of system like the Highlight reels on Mario Kart 8.

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
I think it would be cool if your character slides a little after air dodging into the ground.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I'd like to be able to change my characters' facial expressions when the game is paused, for more hilarious snapshots!

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Goldeen to be swapped with Magikarp that may or may not evolve to Garydos based on randomness or damage it takes.

Seriously, its so weird they have Goldeen be the helpless Pokemon just flopping around.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
Imagine that after eating something the characters would sometimes burp, kinda like when Snake talks in brawl when he eats. I think that would be neat.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Ability to turn off certain characters when you select Random.
Ability to turn off certain pokemon from appearing in pokeballs.
Allow a 5th player to use the gamepad to control stage bosses and stage hazards.
Ability to change character order on the CSS.
A more precise way to control the frequency of certain songs playing on a stage instead of an ambiguous sliding bar.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
A SmashTV type thing where it will be updated weekly showcasing the best matches and players.
Maybe an in game recorder where you can upload your matches straight from the game to youtube, Facebook etc.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
Well here goes:
-Individual Break the Targets
-Co-Op removed for All-Star, Multi-Man Smash, Boss Battles, Target Test, and Home-Run Contest
-Difficulty select removed on Event Matches
-Stickers removed
-Tournament mode returning to up to 64 players
-Race to the Finish
-Snag the Trophies
-Board the Platforms
-Adventure Mode like Melee in addition to a Story Mode
-Removal of normal characters spawning in Multi-Man Smash
-Stage Hazard switch in addition to Final Destination versions
-Removal of Taunt Messages
-An opening similar to Smash 64, that only shows characters you have unlocked
-Ability to turn characters off/on for Random
-Custom Music using SD Cards
-DLC
-After Battle Bonuses
-A Classic Classic Mode on the WiiU, not the path-choosing 3DS variant
-Ability to trade/sell extra trophies for coins or other trophies
-Ability to rearrange the CSS
-Ability to turn off custom movesets for your game, obviously doesn't affect online play
-Special Smash modes more like Melee, but can combine like Brawl
-CSS animation like Smash 64
-Stage Builder
-My Music changed, with numbers instead of magic bars dictating your music choices
-Remember rulesets

Yeah most of this has been said, I just think most of it is necessary and/or great points.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
i would love to be able to save custom games so i dont have to put them in every time i want to play them
stamina at 300 flower match with only food items is way fun but its a lot of work putting it in every time i wanna play it
replace stickers with trading cards trading cards are just cooler, stats on the back and descriptions on them and such plus cool art on the card itself yeah that would have been rad
ability to trade collectibles with other players
ice climbers with 2 percents that way i know how to take care of nana better

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
F!Morgan making a cameo appearance if :4robinm: and :4lucina: are on a team together, and win a match.

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
Don't know how many would agree, but I really want Brawl's style of All-Star mode.

I loved tackling each Nintendo franchise one at a time based on their year of introduction. (I will be incredibly sad though, if Ness will have to fight alone this time around)

Last edited:

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
When you select a character, have them say a signature phrase or sound when you select them. Brawl did this, but only through the Wiimote speaker. So sadly many people missed this feature and not all got to enjoy it.

An option to display the score and vs records on the gamepad screen while the fight is going on.

And finally an option to take pictures using the gamepad screen. While doing so you do not pause or disrupt the match because it's a different stream. So you have the ability to pause, rewind and fast forward the match to snap pictures while the tv players continuously fight. Also when you save the replay, when you watch you can have the same camera control with the gamepad.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Well here goes:
-Individual Break the Targets
-Co-Op removed for All-Star, Multi-Man Smash, Boss Battles, Target Test, and Home-Run Contest
-Difficulty select removed on Event Matches
-Stickers removed
-Tournament mode returning to up to 64 players
-Race to the Finish
-Snag the Trophies
-Board the Platforms
-Adventure Mode like Melee in addition to a Story Mode
-Removal of normal characters spawning in Multi-Man Smash
-Stage Hazard switch in addition to Final Destination versions
-Removal of Taunt Messages
-An opening similar to Smash 64, that only shows characters you have unlocked
-Ability to turn characters off/on for Random
-Custom Music using SD Cards
-DLC
-After Battle Bonuses
-A Classic Classic Mode on the WiiU, not the path-choosing 3DS variant
-Ability to trade/sell extra trophies for coins or other trophies
-Ability to rearrange the CSS
-Ability to turn off custom movesets for your game, obviously doesn't affect online play
-Special Smash modes more like Melee, but can combine like Brawl
-CSS animation like Smash 64
-Stage Builder
-My Music changed, with numbers instead of magic bars dictating your music choices
-Remember rulesets

Yeah most of this has been said, I just think most of it is necessary and/or great points.
i didnt like a completely optional feature, remove it.
like what kinda nozzle jockey logic is that, dont be a weener dude

ShutUpNavi

Smash Rookie
This is pretty nitpicky, but I would love to see the instruction manual have actual character descriptions and colored art. Call me old school but I'm tired of seeing modern game manuals that are only printed in black and white or only one or two pages long.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
We best have the ability to upload our Smash 4 Photos on Miiverse at the very least. It'd be great if you could link them to Facebook or an image hosting service

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I would like to have an interactive credits scene like Brawl did. However, I don't want it to be aim and shoot. It would be neat to have a platforming with the character you chose, or you could break or knock out the names as the credits scrolled.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
I would like to have an interactive credits scene like Brawl did. However, I don't want it to be aim and shoot. It would be neat to have a platforming with the character you chose, or you could break or knock out the names as the credits scrolled.
i thought melees was aim and shoot?
edit: yeah they both were just diffrent style i remember them now
melees was better

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Is most of the characters getting their own victory theme too big of a feature to add?

I want that.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
- Ability to create a favorites list of Music that can play on any stage.
- Ability to choose which assists and pokemon appear.
- Individual BTT and BTP.
- Race to the finish returns.
- Ability to import music from SD card to any stage/menu like in Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Last edited:

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
A magenta or violet Yoshi as an alternative costume would be neat, though it contradicts Yoshi's Story canon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom