• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should we call the infinate grab?

CloroxBleach

Smash Cadet
There has been a lot of people calling the grab "wobbling" wheras some people jus say it as an infinate.....
soo lets take a vote from the IC users to see what we call it

Wobbling:
Infinate grab:
Other:

I like wobbling thats my vote

Give me your ideas on what we should call it

dont tell me this is a use less thread becuz i noe
=D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah i wonder if this is the only technique besides "ken combo" which has been named after someone.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
No- there's alot of techniques named after people.
A couple of Sheik's techniques are. The Vall3y Vanish, the Shino Ledge Stall. Thats all I can think of at the moment, me being a Sheik player mostly. Oh... theres the Fumi Combo w/ Yoshi (Not really *HIS* just, something he does a whole lot, that people associate w. Fumi.)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I like wobbling. My favorite is pulling an isai (not getting hit while comboing someone to death).

Smash Master
I think we should call the IC infinite either "gay" or "cheap." Just kidding, Wobbling is fine.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Zach Soup, TheIncrediblyArrogantSoup, was the first player (that I know of) to use it prolifically. Indeed, I adopted the technique from him. And I insist that he get as much notoriety as me.

LuCKy

Smash Master
wobbles.........the phoenix what a kick a** name..........that is all lol wobbles er the phoenix since your name is wobbles......what a name any who when doing the infinite do i tap a like a mad man and hope they stay desynced or do i time each a button???

Smash Master
Soup may have used it first, but you brought it tto the attention of the smash community; plus, Wobbling sounds like a better description of what the move actually does to the opponent. Therefore, I prefer Wobbling. It's a moot point though, as I assume both terms will be understood by the majority of smashboards members.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I time each press, but a lot of people find it easier (and just as effective) to mash the button. Whatever gets you the most results.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Wobbles, do u time the button in your mind like 1 mississippi hit A button, 2 mississippi hit A button........etc.

Mich

Smash Cadet
"Infinite" is being true to your roots, but it's hard to say that "wobbling" doesn't roll off the tongue nicely. Wobbles, I think you should firmly stake your claim to fame in this frosty realm while you can and not dilute your star power coining obscure Fox combos the "Inverse" and "Remixed Wobbles".

The punchline for me was that the Climbers truly look like a pair of Inuit Weeble-Wobbles. I think I'll call them the Wobbles from now on.

Wobbling for the wobbles, baby.

gtfo

Smash Apprentice
How about Wobblin', and we can refer to it on the boards as "wbbln".​
I can see it now "STOP WOBBLIN ME, OMG WTF HACKS":laugh:

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
yo, i stopped posting in ic forums for a while because theres been a wave of people who like the infinite and go to the ics to try and win without technique, but they are hard to be very good with (I think). anyways why is it being called wobbles at all? did someone named wobbles make the infinite easier to do and so we name it after him?

Lido-Gara

Smash Rookie
why dont you call it Tilt Jacket >.< or Tilt Trap lol
lol call it wrestling or consecutive low blows

Sock

Smash Cadet
Hmm, well my friends have started to use "wobbling" and it sounds erm out of place. Calling it "the infinite" sounds so much better ok xx

Smash Master
Dammit Wobbles, stop using consecutive low blows, cheapass. Hee hee.

Top Bottom